The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
No, I don't have it all wrong. I dont know how you did it, but I'm reading the sheet directly that HR sent me.

Induction (Part 1)
Department Specific Induction (Part 2) - Learning WoWPOS and we actually served customers
First Shift (Part 3) - Serving alone

gardner

HSC
N/A
New member here.
Just wanting to find out information about boxing day holiday. I work at woolworths petrol, and will be doing the graveyard (mid-8am on boxing day), it is a saturday though, so I have been told there are no penalty rates. Another worker said if you work the monday of the next week you get the penalty rates, but the manager says that is only for 'office workers'
Very confused. Does anyone know the rules about it

kahlanei

HSC
No, I don't have it all wrong. I dont know how you did it, but I'm reading the sheet directly that HR sent me.

Induction (Part 1)
Department Specific Induction (Part 2) - Learning WoWPOS and we actually served customers
First Shift (Part 3) - Serving alone

We had

Part I: Welcome, dvd showing the store, "how did you feel when you first approached the store", environmental sustainability, company values, looking good, management structure, responsibilities, what is expected of me, first impressions, customer service, move for life, display principles

Part II: Training process, support, pre-training discussion, off job, last impressions, food safety, your safety, looking after our business, roles, what you need to know, my coach and what to expect, where to from here, general store tour.

Part III (supposed to be): Meet department manager, department specific tour, buddy shift.

-shrug- Idk.

Edit: And we had the "between the flags" there somewhere too...

Last edited:
HSC
hey, got 3 newbies on Monday for Phase III induction, will they already have register training in I & II, or will I have to train them from scratch?
I would start from scratch. I've had newbies with me in phase 2, but they've just been watching their buddy, not actually doing anything. And this section of phase 2 is only 20 minutes, half hour tops.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
We had

Part I: Welcome, dvd showing the store, "how did you feel when you first approached the store", environmental sustainability, company values, looking good, management structure, responsibilities, what is expected of me, first impressions, customer service, move for life, display principles

Part II: Training process, support, pre-training discussion, off job, last impressions, food safety, your safety, looking after our business, roles, what you need to know, my coach and what to expect, where to from here, general store tour.

Part III (supposed to be): Meet department manager, department specific tour, buddy shift.

-shrug- Idk.

Yeah we had one long Saturday for 'your' parts I and II.

bdude

HSC
New member here.
Just wanting to find out information about boxing day holiday. I work at woolworths petrol, and will be doing the graveyard (mid-8am on boxing day), it is a saturday though, so I have been told there are no penalty rates. Another worker said if you work the monday of the next week you get the penalty rates, but the manager says that is only for 'office workers'
Very confused. Does anyone know the rules about it
I don't have access to the Woolworths Petrol award, however the Coles award says that penalty rates are payable on the 26th and the 28th however if you work both days you may only receive penalty rates for one.

gardner

HSC
N/A
Starting to think I need to join the union. Given the millions Woolworths makes, they should pay their staff properly. :vcross:

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
Have had my shift for tomorrow cut down from 9.5 Hours to 5.5 Hours. I have no idea how they are gonna cope. Today was crazy. Apparently our whole store is over budget this week for wages. :(

gypo101

HSC
hi guys
im just asking..
i handed in my resume yesterday to the store manager [because after applying online and waiting for 2 weeks, i got no response] so i was wandering, do i call her back after a week [if she has not called me first] and ask her whats happening with me, whether i have been accepted or rejected or wat?

Treefeet

HSC
we dont take resumes by the hand anymore.. sure they will put it on the bench for a sec, and then it will go straight into the bin.

You can only apply online.. No offence but waiting two weeks...LOL um yeah some of us.. it took like a year to get a job.. myself tho, it was 3 months. Thats cos i already had 4 years exp in cash handling and customer service since i was 12 years old.

So again... Need to apply online!!!

groovygirl

HSC
hi guys
im just asking..
i handed in my resume yesterday to the store manager [because after applying online and waiting for 2 weeks, i got no response] so i was wandering, do i call her back after a week [if she has not called me first] and ask her whats happening with me, whether i have been accepted or rejected or wat?

they took my resume and i got a response in couple of weeks. i advise you to hand your resume in. Ask for the store manager or hand it to the customer service desk:)

BSammy

HSC
we dont take resumes by the hand anymore.. sure they will put it on the bench for a sec, and then it will go straight into the bin.

We've had people just hand in resumes before, and then the DM/CSM tells them to apply online, and then they ask HR to keep an eye out for that person when their application comes in.

So, gypo, if you think when you handed in the resume they seemed impressed by it or you, then follow up on it. You said you have applied online so your details should be floating around in the system if they want them.

On the other hand, I think most of the recruitment for the year has been done, I'm pretty sure it has in my area. So don't be too disappointed if you have no luck.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
I'm getting my NEW produce loungers NEXT THURSDAY! OMG it is going to be SO awesome, not only will they look 324.6% better but I get 1 more than I already have & if utlitlised correctly increase my sales = me HAPPY + SM Over the moon :) That day i'll be working my normal shift 6am - 4pm then coming back at 10pm - 6am to install them o_O 17 hours YAY :p

Re: Boxing Day - I got told in our Manager's meeting yesterday that if you work on Boxing Day (26th) then you do get your penalty rates, however if you don't then you observe that holiday on the Monday (28th) and get penalty rates on that day, however you can't get penalty rates both of them

Last edited:

brookie94

HSC
We had

-shrug- Idk.

DING DING we have a winner !! This is what went through last week

kahlanei

HSC

You can only apply online.. No offence but waiting two weeks...LOL um yeah some of us.. it took like a year to get a job.. myself tho, it was 3 months. Thats cos i already had 4 years exp in cash handling and customer service since i was 12 years old.

At the two stores I've applied at I've been told that they don't look at online applications at all. I applied online with nothing for three months. Applied in the store and had a phone interview two days later, and a job 4 days later.

MissMadiD

HSC
I'm having a bit of a freak out here guys... I want somone to tell me either 'You're fucked, you've lost your job' or 'its okay, you'll just get a warning' or something to say whats going to happen.

I have only been working there for 2 weeks as a cashier, the 1st few shifts went really well, no problems or stuff ups. Last night
I fucked up a few EFT transactions (just little mistakes)
I keyed in the wrong amount of cash someone gave me, (but I gave them the right change) so the till will be out by about $30
I forgot to do a pickup (because the thing to put the money in wasn't there)
I left the 'L' sign up (again)
I think I left myself signed in when I left!

Nothing has gone so wrong on any of my other shifts.

Harry778

HSC
I'm having a bit of a freak out here guys... I want somone to tell me either 'You're fucked, you've lost your job' or 'its okay, you'll just get a warning' or something to say whats going to happen.

I have only been working there for 2 weeks as a cashier, the 1st few shifts went really well, no problems or stuff ups. Last night
I keyed in the wrong amount of cash someone gave me, (but I gave them the right change) so the till will be out by about $30

-What did you stuff up in the EFT transactions?
-Usually if the register is out by $20 or more you will get counciled. Not that big of a deal.
-If you have been asked by the office to do a pick up and your capsual is not there you should ask for it, depending how much money was in there you might get introubel...but not BIG.
- Whats an L sign?
-They can easily sign you off from the computer.

You wont get fired. Especially if you're new. Dont worry to much.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC

Hehe you were just having a bad day. In conjunction with what Harry said:

- Yeah, what did you do wrong with EFT?
- When it comes to cash, I count it as they are counting it and putting it on the desk, and then I count it when I have it in my hand. If you enter the wrong amount, run up to the service desk and grab the calculator.

Another tip: One time this lady got a $1.10 lemonaid. She had cash our ready to give me, so I had already gone into the "cash" menu. At the last second she gave me her EFTPOS card, and by mistake I just hit "total", which opened the cash draw.. Im like, ah shit she swapped payment methods. So I just scanned the item, and got her to pay through EFT.

I just told the supervisor that my draw would be out by like $1.10, and she fixed it up so that was fine.

- At our store, we only do pickups when people come around with capsules, so that's good. Just when you see a lot of cash building up, do a pick up. An icon comes up on the screen to remind you anyway?
- L sign, you left it on the register after you left? Surly thats not a huge problem? @ Harry, thats the "I'm in training to serve you better" sign they put at the start of the registers. You two weeks in and still have the sign? That sign was taken off me after 2 shifts heh.
- That's not a huge problem

MissMadiD

HSC
-What did you stuff up in the EFT transactions?
-Usually if the register is out by $20 or more you will get counciled. Not that big of a deal.
-If you have been asked by the office to do a pick up and your capsual is not there you should ask for it, depending how much money was in there you might get introubel...but not BIG.
- Whats an L sign?
-They can easily sign you off from the computer.

You wont get fired. Especially if you're new. Dont worry to much.
My EFT stuff-ups were just small things that were eventually fixed, but I did call the supervisor to be sure.
Things like the Grocery total $152 and she wanted $100 cash out. I KNOW how to do that, I just somehow stuffed up. I know how to fix it now but the customer was shitty with me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)