The Woolworths Thread (5 Viewers)

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
I`m a bit confused over the new uniforms. From the photos,they look Identical,but with a different(lighter)colour to what we have now. And what are these spot shirts meant to be like? I`m REALLY Confused!

EDIT: Also ,does anyone know if only certain people can wear the jackets? I want one for winter!

HSC
It was the 29 Aug 2009 when I got my Transfer form - I handed it in that weekend and now it is November 1 and I haven't heard anything back?

Should I go and ask someone in my store to see if they know anything about my transfer? or should I ask someone at the store I want to transfer to? Oh and who specifically to talk to.

Thanking you.
Generally transfers are handled through HR, so if you can get in contact with a HR officer that would be your best bet.

Black Heart

HSC
Generally transfers are handled through HR, so if you can get in contact with a HR officer that would be your best bet.
I'm not quite sure who the HR officer is? If it helps, the person I've been dealing with so far is the SSM.

HSC
Your SSM would know. But do chase it up with your SSM as well.

I guess my store is lucky, as we have the regional HR office upstairs, with two HR officers to consult about transfers etc.

Black Heart

HSC
Your SSM would know. But do chase it up with your SSM as well.

I guess my store is lucky, as we have the regional HR office upstairs, with two HR officers to consult about transfers etc.
Ok thanks. And my god, you has it easier o_O Then again, I have a small store.
I know this may sound a little... stupid.. but I'm not quite sure what to say to the SSM in regards to finding out about the transfer without sounding too pushy. If you know what I mean.

HSC
But you have to be pushy. If not they forget about you.
Sad but true.

But honestly, just ask about how your application is progressing. It also helps to know if they are currently advertising for any positions at the store you want, that way when they say "there's no positions" you can say otherwise.

Black Heart

HSC
But you have to be pushy. If not they forget about you.
Sad but true.

But honestly, just ask about how your application is progressing. It also helps to know if they are currently advertising for any positions at the store you want, that way when they say "there's no positions" you can say otherwise.
That is sad. I just don't like being pushy cause I have no authority whatsoever. Mm, I guess I'll speak to her when I'm working next, if she is there.

And I looked up on WOW Careers if there are anything positions and there aren't, so I guess I can't say anything there.

Thanks for your Help :)

Craven

HSC
^^^ The area office is above your store, so the HR officer works from there, Phillipa Thompson.

Service 100 today... you know heaps of people steal and get away with it so it's good to catch one, especially a serial shoplifter - an older lady, very calculated.

mlee72

HSC
Re: Uniforms
I have seen the new shirts and they are different from "plain" they are covered with different shades of small green polka dots.but they don't look to bad and it's a much much much better material.

ekul444

HSC
N/A
Re: Uniforms
I have seen the new shirts and they are different from "plain" they are covered with different shades of small green polka dots.but they don't look to bad and it's a much much much better material.
ah cool thanks :)
it appears both 'plain' and 'spot' are made from the same material (55% Cotton 45% Polyester) (which is exactly the same as the current ones!?!?)

which one would you get?? im now considering playing it safe and getting plain for now, seeing as i dont know what 'spot' looks like :/

nzhomie

HSC
Got called up by my boss today.. haven't worked in 3 weeks and that was 2 shifts.. before that it was about 3 more weeks. Got called up have to work on thursday and friday and sunday. Instead of LL though its down stairs at the dock. :party: Have to go in 2 hours early on wedneday though, they have to teach me invoicing.

HSC
got one shift this week :jump: weekend off thank god!!,been absolutely chockers lately =(. Got called up to start 15 minutes early today :chainsaw: ,but was late by like 45 minutes yesterday and they didn't bother, god i love my acting boss, shes awesome!

HSC
got one shift this week :jump: weekend off thank god!!,been absolutely chockers lately =(. Got called up to start 15 minutes early today :chainsaw: ,but was late by like 45 minutes yesterday and they didn't bother, god i love my acting boss, shes awesome!

lacho95

HSC
I've been on checkout almost 3 months now and i hate it!! All the smart ass know- -it -all customers grr.
Anyway, i want to know if i should ask to move to a department when my probation finishes. I don't want to seem like a dick because the checkout manager is nice as!!

Otacon2009

HSC
You can try different departments but you are limited in which ones are school hour friendly. This is what I have observed at my store.

Groceries and perishables generally operate between store open and 5pm.
Meat Unit starts before dawn and finishes at 5.
Bakery starts usually an hour before close and knocks off at three.
Nightfill I believe is age restricted to uni students and above because they start off at 7/8 at night and finish at 2am.
No chance in getting into Liquor as that is age restricted.

So it really leaves you with checkouts, deli and produce. Checkouts is probably the best because most of the school aged workers rock up at four and finish at eight. Not sure about deli because I noticed that there is a very high number of women to men there. I think in the deli department, there is only one guy and I think he's gone. But getting in, you would be looking at doing afternoon to close shifts, though I can't speak for it as I rarely have much to do with deli. Same with produce but they only have 2 women and 7 men. So stick with checkouts as it would fit in well with school commitments, but do try other departments, especially now the holidays are almost upon us.

Last edited:

lacho95

HSC
You can try different departments but you are limited in which ones are school hour friendly. This is what I have observed at my store.

Groceries and perishables generally operate between store open and 5pm.
Aww.. i really wanted to get into grocery.. Our store closes at 9 if that makes a difference.
Someone told me you have to be 18 to get into grocery not sure if thats true??
Thanks though Otacon

HSC
Nope, you can be any age to do grocceries, i have done it a few times. The only department that has a restriction on age is liquor where you have to be 18+ and have an RSA =) next year :D

TimW1

HSC
By the way, if someone is wanting 4 brand new shirts (2 LS and 2 SS) in Medium size, I am willing to give them to someone as I don't need them at all. If you are willing to pay the postage, I am willing to give them away. I also have 2 SS and 2 LS in the old logo, and a black jumper in the old logo as well. So whoever wants them, can have them. I think only one of the new shirts I wore once, and that's it. Obviously, they will all be washed, all that. So whoever wants them, they're yours.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Aww.. i really wanted to get into grocery.. Our store closes at 9 if that makes a difference.
Someone told me you have to be 18 to get into grocery not sure if thats true??
Thanks though Otacon
I reckon grocery or produce is your best chance if you want to get away from customers. I have never heard of any age restriction in long life, why on earth would there be?

Although with produce they might ask you to wake up at four in the morning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)