The Woolworths Thread (3 Viewers)

bensneddon

HSC
I think I know the answer to this debate...

If we all scan slower... they will roster on more staff for checkouts! =)
Haha if only it were that easy! On SMS, the front end for each store has a target scanning rate, based on the number of items that go through the register and the number of hours allocated to scanning items. Normally they will only give you hours as per SMS in order to keep operating ratio 100% or above. Obviously this is a general rule, and there are some exceptions (eg. lots of new staff with low scanning rate)

danberg

HSC
i have the power of quantities...how life is beautiful!
my guess is that on self-serve they say not to do too many quantities because it counts as scanning one item despite taking longer to manually do quantities and pack more than one.
i've always wondered about whether supervisors would get good scanning rates due to quantities counting as the number of items, or one item...not sure if thats been answered yet (apparently the latter on self-serve), because if it counts as one item it obviously wouldn't take into account the extra packing time etc., not the best system in my mind

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Supervisors only do Qty's when customers have large wine orders.

Although I've forced the QTY box to come up on products like Capsicums and Broccoli as most of the time customers have more than 1. It's very annoying though because it gets reset every Monday when the new prices upload to POS :(

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
Anyone had issues with shoplifting? What do you do if you see it happen? I've had a bit of shoplifting at my current job, because I'm usually the only one in the store I have to watch everyone like a hawk...I guess it would be easier at Woolies with more staff?

The new Glenorie store is rumoured to open in 2-3 weeks with 'set up' staff and people transferring in, apparently? Keep seeing produce coming in, roadworks and carpark is done. There's a liquor section which will be good, I'm so excited because the nearest decent large supermarket is a 15 min drive...now it'll be 2 min :)

Craven

HSC
Bring on store release 9.3 ... Online AMTA form through the POS :D

HSC
Anyone had issues with shoplifting? What do you do if you see it happen? I've had a bit of shoplifting at my current job, because I'm usually the only one in the store I have to watch everyone like a hawk...I guess it would be easier at Woolies with more staff?

The new Glenorie store is rumoured to open in 2-3 weeks with 'set up' staff and people transferring in, apparently? Keep seeing produce coming in, roadworks and carpark is done. There's a liquor section which will be good, I'm so excited because the nearest decent large supermarket is a 15 min drive...now it'll be 2 min :)
If you see it happen, approach that person and alert someone about it... It's not that hard...

yoddle

is cool
HSC
We have

CSM and 2IC - each rotate between a Mon-Sat and Tues-Fri roster.
3IC - Monday - Friday
Saturday supervisor
Thurs night/Sun supervisor
And two of us that rotate around everyone else.
That's not very many.

We haf:

CSM, 21C and 3IC. Latter does most weekday opens and every second Saturday. CSM rarely works weekends.
1 full time supervisor who works most weekdays and every second/third sunday
1 PT who does Sun - Thurs nights.
Another bunch (4) of part timers who get 9-6 on weekends, fri/sat nights
Then anudder three casual sups who get all the leftover shifts, e.g. I sometimes randomly work 4:30 - 6:30 pm supervising on monday when two of the full timers have worked on the w/end.

AND another one (possibly two) in training!

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Bring on store release 9.3 ... Online AMTA form through the POS :D
i know! i saw that today! i was dancing around like a moron

edit: havent read through everything cover to cover, but some other changes (off the top of my head)

-Gift Card Mall Cards e.g. for Hoyts, Greater Union etc.
-Changing "roll" on change orders/cash office to O.M. (order multiple)
-In Storeline, allowing you to see OM Only when entering cash values
-For SCO's pickups should automatically default to acceptor, and change order to dispensor
-CUP for multibuy
-Some other SCO changes, but not sure, moving somethings into different menus
-Instead of having Printer Reset, Suspend Printer etc. as seperate buttoms they will all move into a Printer Menu
-sure there's prob some other stuff

Also, lol, had to reset one of our registers yesterday by attatching a keyboard to it.

Double also, did my first EVER bulk giftcard, god i hope it worked, had to call to get the refund limit of the store increased

Last edited:

danberg

HSC
-CUP for multibuy
???sorry, but whats this mean?

Re: AMTA, I only just got used to using the computer (and I was getting good at it!) and they go and change it :(
does this mean any operator can register the Sim card, or just the Supervisor?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
will be under Supervisor Menu, but that wouldnt stop a supervisor from coming over, putting their numbers in and getting the cashier to do it.

CUP = Comparitive Unit Pricing

grobsh

HSC
i THINK it's Standards Management System

spot on.

now for a question. If you're working this week, check the laundry powder aisle for duo 500g. it is currently on promo at $1.89 each or 2 for $4. both promotions started on monday and end on sunday. any ideas how somebody missed that?

Craven

HSC
-Changing "roll" on change orders/cash office to O.M. (order multiple)
I sort of see this as pointless... especially now that they're gonna add $10 note OM and $5 note OM (i.e. bundles). You should always count the bundles when doing a spotcheck to make sure they are right (especially when your office cashier has a habit of short/over bundles).

Last edited:

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Does anyone find that 2IC's are usually more strict and more conscious about health & safety, policies/procedures?

Like for example our store manage is really laid back, fun and helps out in all departments whereas the store 2IC sits in her office and barks orders around, and you hardly see her on the floor.

It sometimes makes me wonder who's in charge...

BSammy

HSC
By Store 2IC, do you mean SSM or STM? or someone like that?

It could be because most of that safety stuff gets delegated to the SSM.
At least it seems to in my store.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)