The Woolworths Thread (3 Viewers)

grobsh

HSC
My store is generally pretty busy but we always have staff on checkouts to cope. I thought it was because we made more $ then expected. So I went and looked at the sales plan for this week and last and everything is written in red, meaning we didnt make what they needed. Does this mean the CSM does not care about getting bonus?
what? the csm only does sales plan for smoke shop and front of store, why would they be responsible for the store not meeting sales plan?

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
I know my manager earns $2k/week, because I was discussing careers with him when he had to do my graduate program forms. So the earn more for larger stores theory holds up. I would say we are a biggish store ($1.1m/week).

LIQR7

HSC
N/A
they are on salary, so same amount per year but in my experience

~$45k for 2IC
~$54k for dept manager
~$62k for SSM/STM
~$80k for SM + company car

PLUS bonuses
Your store must be tiny or your quoting salary without Superannuation

Bonus is up to 25%(in stores) of salary depending on what Incentive plan you are on. Forget getting the full percentage though, it will never happen.

Bonus is dept manager and above. That SM price you quoted is very low as well, and you also forgot to add the woolworths shares they get on top of their pay.

Harry778

HSC
what? the csm only does sales plan for smoke shop and front of store, why would they be responsible for the store not meeting sales plan?
I mean like I thought we must have made more then enough what they expected to have Over Forecast on the grids for all of the say. So the CSM isnt scared to spend money when we arent making what they need.

Sorry dont know if i'm making sense?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Your store must be tiny or your quoting salary without Superannuation

Bonus is up to 25%(in stores) of salary depending on what Incentive plan you are on. Forget getting the full percentage though, it will never happen.

Bonus is dept manager and above. That SM price you quoted is very low as well, and you also forgot to add the woolworths shares they get on top of their pay.
they were rough figures based off costings i.e. what the store pays in my store. i wouldnt consider super as part of your salary seeing as you wont get to see it till your old so i didnt include it. and considering the original question was about what they get per hour, the figures were appropriate for that question as these numbers are more fixed than variable.

Harry778

HSC
I've had enough of my new store. Do you think they will be able to let me transfer back to my old one? Everything is sooo old and they dont think they will get the refurbishment till next year. I miss my old CSM, he was so awesome!

Anyways, hope they let me!

HSC
I've had enough of my new store. Do you think they will be able to let me transfer back to my old one? Everything is sooo old and they dont think they will get the refurbishment till next year. I miss my old CSM, he was so awesome!

Anyways, hope they let me!
In my experience, people wanting to transfer back to previous stores have quite a lot of difficulty. Its almost like HR can't be bothered dealing with them anymore.

Craven

HSC
My store is generally pretty busy but we always have staff on checkouts to cope. I thought it was because we made more $ then expected. So I went and looked at the sales plan for this week and last and everything is written in red, meaning we didnt make what they needed. Does this mean the CSM does not care about getting bonus?
if you're looking at the trader... the red pen will be sales this year versus sales last year.. meaning this time last year you turned over more.

Well on a Saturday we close at 5, so we have one office cashier 7-3, another 3-7, and I'm there 5-7. I'm the person to strip the tills for the pickup, then I spotcheck them with a change slip and we input that once the pickup is finalised.
Wow! How many draws do you have in your store? lol, no wonder they want to bring in phoenix if all the other stores have this kind of rostering lol, there's just me on a Saturday 7-6. (store trades 8-5.30).

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
if you're looking at the trader... the red pen will be sales this year versus sales last year.. meaning this time last year you turned over more.
Uh, doesn't the use of red pen just symbolise that the actual sales were less than the forecast sales? And the forecast sales aren't the same thing as the previous year's turnover.... Or at least that's how it is in my store, as far as I'm aware...

Craven

HSC
Uh, doesn't the use of red pen just symbolise that the actual sales were less than the forecast sales? And the forecast sales aren't the same thing as the previous year's turnover.... Or at least that's how it is in my store, as far as I'm aware...
i'm talking about the store trader - in the trader, by department, there's sales last year (pre-printed), then planned sales in blue pen, then you write in actual sales in black pen, next column is a percent last year v this year (red pen loss; black pen gain), then percent of store sales that day, then item count and then customer count.

i'd say they're actually more concerned on whether they are improving sales on last year because that's more of an indicator of profit/loss than whether or not our wages are breaking even.

HSC
Wow! How many draws do you have in your store? lol, no wonder they want to bring in phoenix if all the other stores have this kind of rostering lol, there's just me on a Saturday 7-6. (store trades 8-5.30).
We have 23 draws, but we don't trade Sundays normally. So all our end of week stuff needs to be done on Saturdays.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Ah, my bad :)
Our store is averaging somewhere around a ten percent increase on last year, storewide. Management seem to be happy.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
1. Babikakez that's ridiculous that there is only allowed to be two people off. Do you have like zero staff or something? I asked for New Years off (to go to Falls) last week and was denied. At my old store last year i asked for it off like the week before and got it. So not on, I shall ring my union delegate on Monday.
2. Harry I'm also considering transferring back to my old store at the end of the year. Depends which store needs people the most i reckon. I have been denied a transfer to a store one minute from my house because they had too many staff.
3. Our sales have been down quite a bit all week. All red by like tens of thousands of dollars. Usually Saturday or Sunday will be massive days if it's quiet in the week but they haven't been. We're not allowed to replace sicknesses and nearly all the casual staff except for the really cheap ones only have like three hours next week.

Harry778

HSC
In my experience, people wanting to transfer back to previous stores have quite a lot of difficulty. Its almost like HR can't be bothered dealing with them anymore.
I've spoken to my old CSM and he said he would be happy to have me back. Would that give me more of a chance?

Black Heart

HSC
Hey guys,

How would I go about getting a reference for another job? Oh and how do I resign from Woolworths.

oneway24

HSC
hi,
i was just wondering what the best way to go about getting a contract in service would be?
i got offered one at the start of the year but didnt take it, and ill pretty much do anything to get one now!
sorry i know i asked this a few pages ago but yeh im getting sick of only having 3 hours a week.

Nousiainen

HSC
N/A
Anyone want to help clear things for me with that questionairre? I really need a job :\

You are working on a checkout serving a customer. A member of the management team walks up to your checkout and asks you to scan a product for them as they don’t think that it is scanning correctly. Do you:

1. Check the item straight away as it is a manager asking you
2. Let the manager know you have 3 more items to scan through for the customer and will be able to do it as soon as you are finished with the sale
3. Ask the customer if they would mind if you quickly checked the item
4. Apologise to the manager that you are unable to do it as you are serving customers
5. Ring the bell at your checkout for the service supervisor to come and talk to the manager

13. You see a customer from the ‘corner of your eye’ try and conceal a product into their pocket which you believe they do not intend to pay for. Do you:
1. Follow the customer around the store and see if they intend to pay for the goods
2. Ignore the situation, as you may be falsely accusing an innocent customer
3. Approach the customer and ask if you can be of any assistance to them
4. Alert someone else to advise a supervisor as you continue to watch the customer before some back up comes to assist you

So for the first one, I put number number 2, but now I'm starting to think it is 3? :(

And for 13, I put 4? :\

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)