The Woolworths Thread (6 Viewers)

mlee72

HSC
question to supervisors-

when you count the registers,what you guys do if it is under or over the amount it should be?
do u tell the CSM about it or you let the operator know??
what is the actual thing??
i really depends on the store the're all different.
I would count it twice (check bundles and all that) and then if its still out get someone else to count it(other supervisor office cashier [never a service cashier!]) if theres a substantial difference from what it should be (after checking over short report to make sure it is a new discrepency) i would inform the DM just so they know unless the CSM is around then id just tell them (also never dicuss a discrepency with the operator or any others fr that matter)
theres no use reporting on it until the office cashier has snapped all of the draws at the end of the day(and balanced the safe) this way you can rule out pickup errors, change erors etc)

Last edited:

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Speaking of ghey managers who cut your shifts..
What should I do in this situation:
My manager is on holidays, 2IC has been left in charge.
I'm PPT with 11 hours contract, which they flex me up to 20 hours each week.
I called him this morning and asked what hours he needs me to work this weekend and he's said that "I can only get you to work 4 hours Friday and 4 hours Sunday" (8 hours, which is less than my contract).
I asked why and he gave me some bullshit about the store manager saying he needed to cut hours.

Who should I speak to coz he's not being particularly co-operative...

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Well the store's tight.
They find every loophole to get out of paying stuff e.g. sick pay.
If I speak to the cash office woman, and explain I didn't N/A it and that they just told me not to work I should get paid though?

@who

HSC
woolworths are assholes.
they rip-off farmers and lie about it.
their food isnt fresh
they underpay and mistreat staff
i could go on all day

langlece

HSC
That sort of stuff comes up on register results automatically, you know?
How so? I mean like if someone gives $400 cash out, but only has $300 in their draw, for example. Then they might borrow $100 from the person serving next to them's draw, but forget to fix it up later or not leave a note. That is really quite common at our store.

Like I'll get a general idea of how good or bad cash control is, then if there's something really dodgy, like $100 in total across the board, that needs investigating, that's only when I'd Electronic Journal it.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
their food isnt fresh
I think you need to back up the train there buddy. When I was an Assistant Produce Manager I was extremely proud at how fresh our produce was. I would get multiple customers a day exclaiming we were the freshest in town. Which we were as well, New World Supermarket, their produce was always rank.

they underpay and mistreat staff
I got paid on average $4 more than an average 16 year old would get. I wouldn't call that underpaid. Although I kinda agree with the mistreating staff, on my part anyway. When my Manager went away on her honeymoon, I was rostered on for 18 days without a day off. I had to fight extremely hard to get 1 day off in those 18 days, which I did. Even though I was called up that morning and told that nothing was out and the assistant was crap. So I didn't even get that day off.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
that's not maltreatment, that's taking advantage of someone who obviously can't say 'no'.

HSC
How so? I mean like if someone gives $400 cash out, but only has $300 in their draw, for example. Then they might borrow $100 from the person serving next to them's draw, but forget to fix it up later or not leave a note. That is really quite common at our store.

Like I'll get a general idea of how good or bad cash control is, then if there's something really dodgy, like $100 in total across the board, that needs investigating, that's only when I'd Electronic Journal it.
Firstly, operators should always have a general idea of how much cash is in their till. If they're not sure, they should save the transaction, check the drawer, then put the eftpos through.
And secondly, if one till is $100 under, another $100 over, shouldn't it click that they many have a shared error there?

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
I resolved the situation for several posts above...
Went and complained to the store manager so they gave me 12 hours, lol.

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
I work for BigW, and want to change my second job from Dodgy Coles to Woolies as they are advertising positions.

Is it OK to work for Both Bigw and Woolies???, mabye they might prefer it cause Im already working in the Woolworths Company, or dosn't that mean shit?

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
that's not maltreatment, that's taking advantage of someone who obviously can't say 'no'.
Well yeah, that's actually true - I don't know how to say no, lol. I guess I should learn that word some day.

aussie92

HSC
Does anyone know if there is a way to change from casual to ppt ?? now the only casual in dept and always face cut hours any ideas

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Fark Woolies is screwed.
Just got a call from the night manager begging me to come in at midnight and do the baker's shift...
I was like "Uhh I don't know how to do all the bread etc?"
And he was like "Oh I thought you were trained as a baker"
Wut.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)