The Woolworths Thread (3 Viewers)

rose2

HSC
hi guys,
i m new to this post.i am working as service cashier in woolies.

Has anyone else heard about 45% off at adidas ????????
i think it is just for one night...
but it is really cool.....;)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
sorry Evolution2006, but Woolworths wont take responsibility for stolen cars, and frankly, nor should they, it isnt their fault. As long as they're letting you park as close as possible in nighttime hours, they've done their bit

bdude

HSC
Woolworths Policy Concerning
Safeway Workers Property

hey guys, this past Friday Night @ 12am - 1am, 2 guys jumped on my 2ic nightfills Car on the roof which made a write off , plus they keyed the duty manager's Car and Damaged my other friends driver mirror, now this is question to all of them safeway Guys out there, if 3 safeway worker cars got stolen whos responsibility is for securty for our cars , this is espiallly to nightfiller, we park car close to the store and cars get damaged , after this happened , my friends @ work told one of other managers , and he could't care less , what do you you think?
That's what car insurance is for.

dt204

HSC
Woolies is Awsome worked there for a year and a bit opened in Coonabarabran about a year and a half ago and its awesome love the staff and the manager is a legened

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
So in my payslips the last two weeks have been a sentence that says grad programs up Feb 16 and close March 16. I went to wowcareers and into the internal section, thinking of reading about it and maybe applying, but the link is down. Does anyone know if the applications are for people who have already graduated, or (like me) are in final year?

bella-mia

HSC
Im a wollies fresh food kid! nah, not really, but i do have a roll of those stickers lying around some where. I am SO over working at woolies, but like some your said earlier in this thread "ITS AN OBSESION!" i just can't quit! I work on the registers, but i hate customer service. i think i might get a tranfer to another department. which department is the best?

greekgun

HSC
Im a wollies fresh food kid! nah, not really, but i do have a roll of those stickers lying around some where. I am SO over working at woolies, but like some your said earlier in this thread "ITS AN OBSESION!" i just can't quit! I work on the registers, but i hate customer service. i think i might get a tranfer to another department. which department is the best?
GROCERY GROCERY GROCERY GROCERY. if u can transfer to any department it should b grocery cuz serosiously all they do is put shit up on shelves or take them off the loading bay and into storage - that and them time flies when ur doing stock. That or being the guy who stocks up the freezers wearing a billion jackets.

ytrbut

HSC
GROCERY GROCERY GROCERY GROCERY. if u can transfer to any department it should b grocery cuz serosiously all they do is put shit up on shelves or take them off the loading bay and into storage - that and them time flies when ur doing stock. That or being the guy who stocks up the freezers wearing a billion jackets.
Just got my transfer to grocery approved - fully agree with you, except for the freezer part - had to do that a couple of times, and it sucks.

Last edited:

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Speaking of my old store...Does anyone else after the transfer miss their old store? I moved from a small 8 checkout store to a big 18 c/o store and I'm missing my old one like crazy. Is it just because I don't know everyone up here, and I kinda feel like an out sider? I don't know what it is but I hope it goes away soon.
Yah in exactly the same boat. I thought the new bigger, more exciting store would be so much better but i'm not liking it. Most of the managers and def the supervisors are all really impersonable/rude, and i've only managed conversation with like one other employee. As opposed to my old store where I knew exactly where I stood and everyone else (we had 8 registers too). I will go back there in november. i went in the other day and the 2IC was like 'come baaack!'. felt so loved.

in relation to knowing names...one of my old CSM's worked in some giant store in sydney and said she never even met some of her register staff. i haven't met my new CSM and she's been here for two weeks.

Last edited:

Black Heart

HSC
Ok, Seeing as I'm in meat (every second week), I have to do a Fresh Food Training thing? Can anyone tell me what it's all about and what I would have to do?

Thanks

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
<3 going into the freezer.

greekgun

HSC
man im seriously jealous of ALDI workers. They get to sit down when they scan, they dont have to pack, there pay rates are like 20 or so bucks an hour and there employers dont really care about their customer service so they dont have to bother about being polite. Only downside of working at ALDI's are the endless lines of customers.

shinji said:
<3 going into the freezer.
ya especially when its like a 40 degree day.

HSC
回复: Re: The Woolworths Thread

Wish I worked in perishables on hot days. The front end of our store is always ridiculously hot. I just go to liquor as much as possible and dawdle through their fridge which is about 5xbigger and a whole lot colder after our re-fit.

rose2

HSC
I read in the newspaper now that woolies is hiring 7000 new people.

really good(specially in this recession period)....

Suic1de

Banned
HSC
But seriously, whats the likelihood that 7000 people has recently quit woolworths and they just need to replace them?
Pretty high, methinks.
I remember reading that pretty much 1/4 of all employees leave every year and they are always replaced.

These new positions would probably be stores expanding and new stores opening.

And yes grocery is the best department, perishables is in the same boat also.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)