The Woolworths Thread (3 Viewers)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
hahaha, then they released a safety alert about it, it apparantly happened at 10 stores

debitcard

HSC
Woohoo! Long time lurker, first time poster (didn't have anything useful to say lol). Anyway, I got a job at Woolworths! Hope I can share some complaints with you guys in the future. Induction's on Saturday. Proof I've read this thread: I know it's going to be boring :)

kingwang26

HSC
Can someone tell me what went on with this:
I got an emailed saying they want me to work and will give me a job as soon as they find a suitable spot. They never did and its been 4 years. WTF woolies??

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Can someone tell me what went on with this:
I got an emailed saying they want me to work and will give me a job as soon as they find a suitable spot. They never did and its been 4 years. WTF woolies??
perhaps you were supposed to call them?

Craven

HSC
Four years ago? lol...

And yeah, thats why I asked if the fat caught fire because I read the safety alert too :p but I thought it came out more than a couple of months ago haha oh well.

Harry778

HSC
We where just told the we will be closed for the day when we get the new service area! Something to do with not enough room and time to do it in one night?? and instead of closing at 12 we close at 7pm thats pretty awesome. Shit for the service manager has to roster all the contracted people for that day beofre 7 lol.

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
I want to abuse the system and use sick pay....do I need a med certificate to get that night paid?

Anyone know of any medical certificate templates on the net?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
your allowed up to 2 days off per year without providing a medical certificate.

providing a medical certificate that isnt genuine is fraud

a statutory decleration can also be used in place of a medical certificate, but making a false one is a crime

yoddle

is cool
HSC
haha at my old store a new deli boy left the chicken bay on all night, then when the manager got there in the morning the shop had filled with smoke and the fire brigade was called etc.

but the fire alarms didn't go off! apparently they only have heat detectors near the deli, and the smoke didn't trigger them. dodgy.

This wierd thing happened the other day when this man came in wanting to refund a telstra starter kit, and he had a receipt which he said proved that it was refunded in neutral bay sydney, our highest turnover store, he was at pains to point out me. i said no then he demanded to speak to the manager, who sent him on his way really quickly, but i'm pretty sure the receipt had 'operator cancelled' on it, which means the sup. at neutral bay half did it then realised they weren't allowed and he was trying to use the receipt to trick us here, but they the fuck would neutral bay give him the receipt of a cancelled transaction and why the hell would he buy and then refund TWO starter kids (his was still sealed).

he was probably the rudest customer i have ever come across, also.

Last edited:

grobsh

HSC
neutral bay sydney, our highest turnover store,
he was probably the rudest customer i have ever come across, also.

im a bit confused... haha what store are you at, and neutral bay has two stores, the village and the old one. neither of them are huge stores compared to some others in area 81.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
i'm in tas

i dunno thats just what he told me. it was probably shit like everything else that came out of his mouth

Black Heart

HSC
Woo :)Ok I was getting picked up last night and I my dad tells me someone called for me and if I was interested in working in the meat department (I'm a cashier atm) and if i can do a shift on Saturday in the Meat Department to see if I like it and I'll still be a cashier till i get to know everything in meat.so I was really excited because I was thinking of waiting a few months before asking to transfer to another dept but they offered it to me! :D and I rang them when i got home (about 8:30pm) to confirm everything and stuff.So I was wondering (insecurity coming up), why would they pick me to change dept? Front end doesnt like me? They need a good worker?yeah Idk, I'm just curious as to why I was offered. THough Im happy cause I want to get off registers.

HSC
回复: Re: The Woolworths Thread

Heh thats weird, we only have 2 female meat dept people in our store and they're both in their 40s. Probably offered coz they need someone so their meat manager would ask your service manager and ta-daa they ask you.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Woo :)Ok I was getting picked up last night and I my dad tells me someone called for me and if I was interested in working in the meat department (I'm a cashier atm) and if i can do a shift on Saturday in the Meat Department to see if I like it and I'll still be a cashier till i get to know everything in meat.so I was really excited because I was thinking of waiting a few months before asking to transfer to another dept but they offered it to me! :D and I rang them when i got home (about 8:30pm) to confirm everything and stuff.So I was wondering (insecurity coming up), why would they pick me to change dept? Front end doesnt like me? They need a good worker?yeah Idk, I'm just curious as to why I was offered. THough Im happy cause I want to get off registers.
Don't get a big head ;)
nobody like's a person with an overinflated ego. Just so you know, working in freshfood departments is harder than working at cashiers. For one, you'd probably need to help out in the Deli dept whenever htey call for an express alert.
You'll be carrying around stock all day to put into the case. rearranging the coolroom, clean up, etc.

debitcard

HSC
Woohoo! Got the job at Woolworths and had my induction. Unfortunately they gave me a long-sleeve shirt and said 'you get what you get' so unfortunately I've got to pay for a short-sleeve. How long does it take from ordering to getting into store?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)