The Woolworths Thread (3 Viewers)

HSC
those flip covers are so damn annoying!

'learn' smokeshop? r u supposed to do formal training for smokeshop cause my supervisor just chucked me in there one day...

yeah. but thats just a pain, cause u gotta call the supervisor over, then they gotta take them back to smokeshop. i dunno y they hav to pay for it all together anyways... so stupid!

There's no formal training for smokeshop, its just that my store has always had the covers so we have a laminated layout in the drawer of where things are. This allows newbies to learn where everything is and stuff.

A lot of people only want one transaction due to bank fees, etc. But I think its pretty stupid, I mean its not as though you can do saved transactions for liquor. I think its about time they stopped doing them personally.

ekul444

HSC
N/A
does anyone know if there is a user manual/guide for the NCR FastLane self serve checkouts (the ones woolies has installed) available on the internet. i have been looking for a long time but have only been able one for find a similar system by IBM.

Last edited:

asdads333

Is this really legal? I'm a casual worker on probation and i was working on Monday Aus Day, and the manager made me sign a contract to be Permanant part time for JUST that one day. Feels dodgy to me.

urailes0623

HSC
'learn' smokeshop? r u supposed to do formal training for smokeshop cause my supervisor just chucked me in there one day...
yes you are suppose to do various state training for smoke shop in NSW this is known as cigarette compliance training witch consist on reading a pamphlet watching a film and signing various pieces paper for store and government level in case of work cover inspection. I was in Vic last week and there are Gov department that hires under age people and tells them to try and buy from various stores this happened to me but luckily I passed

urailes0623

HSC
Is this really legal? I'm a casual worker on probation and i was working on Monday Aus Day, and the manager made me sign a contract to be Permanant part time for JUST that one day. Feels dodgy to me.
as for you problem as an area mananger i know this is aginst the law s/he must have done this to save some money on the budjet you should bring this up with the store mananger area manager if they dont listen go to the union The SDA if your a member witch i sujest you should have done buy know and if your not a member or they dont listen go to the deparment of fair trade becuase what they done is not only illegal and punishable buy a $200,000 fine it is also morroly wrong and unfair to you or any one else they have done this to either this year uin the past or in the future

urailes0623

HSC
as for you problem as an area manager I know this is against the law s/he must have done this to save some money on the budget you should bring this up with the store manager area manager if they don’t listen go to the union The SDA if your a member witch I suggest you should have done buy know and if your not a member or they don’t listen go to the department of fair trade because what they done is not only illegal and punishable buy a $200,000 fine it is also morally wrong and unfair to you or any one else they have done this to either this year in the past or in the future

urailes0623

HSC
does anyone know if there is a user manual/guide for the NCR FastLane self serve checkouts (the ones woolies has installed) available on the internet. i have been looking for a long time but have only been able one for find a similar system by IBM.

i agree with wiccanchilde the store should have a folder for there use at my store it is green if the store ur in dosn't have one you can get one from NCR for a small fee

ekul444

HSC
N/A
I don't think there is one availiable online, but there should be a folder instore that has all that info in it... If you're trained for self serve, there should be no problem in you asking to have a read through it - I reckon they'd be thrilled!
yeah, i didnt think there was. i was trained for self serve yesterday (and by trained i mean i spent 30min on there with a previous attendant haha). i just wanted to have a quiet read of it at home to check some more complex stuff.... im rostered for a smokeshop shift tonight - should be quiet so ill see if i can read through it then..

HSC
I don't think hes a area manager, just really doesn't know how to construct a proper sentence so it makes sense.

You should have a folder, in it ours has all the info plus sheets for writing up left behind change and stuff.

ytrbut

HSC
If an Area Manager ever read this thread I would eat my Fresh hat.

Harry778

HSC
Does anyone else have problems with registers over heating?
They always either go slow, than really slow and than just stop working!! so annoying. It only happens on express coz thats where the doors are and we're closest to the centres front doors so all the hot air blows in! And our Air cond is broken!

There are only 2 that dont go slow because there was trouble with them before and they got fixed and never over heat. Get this, they came to fix it on christmas eve! My service manager was like 'OF ALL THE DAYS YOU CHOSE CHRISTMAS FUCKIN EVE' lol he actually said that.

HSC
They always either go slow, than really slow and than just stop working!! so annoying. It only happens on express coz thats where the doors are and we're closest to the centres front doors so all the hot air blows in! And our Air cond is broken!

There are only 2 that dont go slow because there was trouble with them before and they got fixed and never over heat. Get this, they came to fix it on christmas eve! My service manager was like 'OF ALL THE DAYS YOU CHOSE CHRISTMAS FUCKIN EVE' lol he actually said that.
YES! We have had the exact same problem. We've had the same issue with two of our express registers and one of the smokeshop ones.
The express lane I was using on xmas eve overheated about 4 hours before my shift finished - every other register was being used so I did pretty much nothing.

HSC
回复: Re: The Woolworths Thread

Ours always overheat and fuck up. Especially self serve. Our air conditioning is also always broken and our SM is getting so sick of calling someone in at least once a week that we're just gonna re-do the whole system.

mlee72

HSC

Absolutely , but look at the setup there is no ventilation in the housing for the computers so all the hot air they produce stays there, ours get to the point were you have to turn them off and let them cool down before the even work properly again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)