The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
apparantly they're upgrading the priveleges of the 40 to 49 range on wednesday to be equivilant to a systems operator, so thats all i needed anyway.

also, husband of staff member tried to hang himself in our back dock entrance today :( luckily our staff cut him down before he died, but woah, traumatic much? i wasnt even there and just HEARD about it and was pretty freaked out (the husband is a regular customer of mine). *shudder*

HSC
Whoaaaa...OMG. That husband must have been really traumatised and desperate. :S Did a staff member happen on him as he was hanging himself? *wince*

Yea townie, I told my supervisor about my leave in September and I'm casual. Actually I thought it worked the other way round that casuals are not allowed to take leave but part-time and full-time staff could...like an annual leave thing.

benji6667

HSC
Re: Woolworths FAQ- how to get a job

I got 2 emails from the local HR person, first one was a generic one giving me details for a group interview, then another which was typed by her asking for a straight up interview with the manager. I called her back and scheduled for today... is this awesome??? [Y/N]

grobsh

HSC
townie said:
apparantly they're upgrading the priveleges of the 40 to 49 range on wednesday to be equivilant to a systems operator, so thats all i needed anyway.
its just a matter of your SSM or whoever coordinates the accounts to create the accounts again as manager privlidges. My login is in the 500's and i have full access to everything in stock management and back office.

Pilotman

HSC
Also just to add that the self serve are for new look stores, that is incorrect.

My old store is an old look store pre 2010 layout and they are getting self serve, though they are making 1.5 mill a week.

But problem is they will only have 8 main checkouts and 4 express lanes and the 6 self serve checkouts......think it's stuipid they are taking out main checkouts though.

Also Grobsh,

SSM's shouldnt be doing that. Get majorly busted in an audit for that.

grobsh

HSC
Pilotman said:
\

Also Grobsh,

SSM's shouldnt be doing that. Get majorly busted in an audit for that.
haha that's true. my ssm seems to love to fiddle with those kind of things, even delete peoples numbers when he feels like it.

bouncingCats

HSC
Pilotman said:
There was murmors they were going to replace Host Acess, Back office and People Planner with more modern programs......but then again why fix it if it aint broke?
Weren't they going to implement Workbrain? I received a letter (see attached) saying workbrain was to be implemented in October 2007 (it hasn't started yet btw)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
workbrain is being rolled out, yeah, but it will probably be a while before all stores have it, like WoWPoS it's a pretty major upgrade.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
meow-says-kitty said:
What is people planner anyway?
okay, have u ever seen in old movies where computers dont have mouses and everything has to be done with keyboard, People Planner is like that.

and yeah as grobsh says it does the rostering, and the costing, and uploads your weekly pay, maintains some employee records, does sales planning etc.

Last edited:
HSC
Re: Woolworths FAQ- how to get a job

I applied about 1 1/2 weeks ago for Longlife and the applications closed yesterday...how long should I wait before I assume they won't try to contact me?

jas62

HSC
Was looking at natcom the other day and was looking at all the stores sales and warringah malls is 2.2million!! i was like shit 4.5times higher than mine is that the busiest woolies in the country??

yobob

HSC
Hey I've got two quick questions,

1. What do all the service codes means over the P/A system, eg. service 40.

2. How do I order extra shirts? is it online or in store?

thanks.

HSC
Pretty sure service calls are the same in every store.

Service 10 - service supervisor to the department called
Service 30 - phone call
Service 200 - product withdrawal/recall
Can't remember all the others, but others are rarely used in our store.

You can get shirts either online or in store. Whats the website someone as I need new ones? I remember the username and password not the website. Or you can get a form in your store, they might have some near your fingerscan/in your lunchroom or ask at the cash office.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)