The Woolworths Thread (4 Viewers)

taco man

don't know don't care
HSC
I'm so tired, i just started last week and I'm already doing 33 hrs (three 8 hr shifts!) this week on checkouts.

Does anyone know if we get double time and half on monday this week?? I heard some guys at work say that its only time and a half for some reason.

Peartie

HSC
Easter Monday was 2.5 pay

If you are a member of the SDA go to www.sdansw.org.au and then register you can then get the agreement in the "Members Only" section

rockets

HSC
N/A
YEAH - I am contracted PPT and I got public holiday rates for my Saturday rostered shift BUT NOTHING for my contracted shift on Sunday, I'm in sydney metro area, my shop was closed. Going to complain big time to pay office tomorrow. What's wrong with the cheap skates at Woolies and thier pay offices?????????????????????

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Hey guys i got induction at woolworths tommorrow.

Can anyone tell me what it's like ? usually these things are a bit of a waste of time.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
blakegman said:
Hey guys i got induction at woolworths tommorrow.

Can anyone tell me what it's like ? usually these things are a bit of a waste of time.
oh boy it's a waste of time. hahah

but getting paid for 6 hours or sumin for sittin aroudn is kinda good. lol

blakegman

HSC
N/A
shinji said:
oh boy it's a waste of time. hahah

but getting paid for 6 hours or sumin for sittin aroudn is kinda good. lol
8 hours for me. Thought it'd be shit.

Cheers.

bvl

HSC
man im so glad i quit woolies. it was my first job, and i got ripped off hard-core. had a couple of mates who've worked there too. seems like if you're under 16-17 you get massivly ripped off. to the tune of like $5.95 an hour, increasing to $6.05 after 3 months. there are so many other better jobs out there for young people. having said that, it was fairly good work, despite having like 20 hour weeks, from friday to monday.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
they pay you the award wage or above. 6.05 for a 15 year old sounds about right to me.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
5.95 an hour? wtf.

when i started off; i got $10 na hour approx and i was 18.

jessyy

HSC
argh! i used to work at woolies, i had the fattest, bitchiest manager ever!

she cried when i quit hahah told her off and walked out two hours early from my shift.. those were the days.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
shinji said:
5.95 an hour? wtf.

when i started off; i got $10 na hour approx and i was 18.

the pay is different for every year of age until 21. usually like

15- 5.95
16- 7.55
17- 9.30
18- 11.59

sorta like that. Though id say even the 15 year old rate these days would be at 6-7

HSC
that looks like its based on the part timers rates (although at woolies its slightly higher than that, not exactly sure wat it is)...remember casuals get 20% loading.

taco man

don't know don't care
HSC
yea ur right, for casual rates its like:
15-8.12
16-10.15
17-12.18
18-14.21

this is after probation btw

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
Dammit I wish I was still casual then. Except then I'd probably get shit all shifts. Does it go up after you have been there for a year or anything like that? And does it go up once you turn 19?? *crosses fingers*

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
Ha we realised yesterday around 6pm that one of the registers wasn't taking off multibuys all day(eg pepsi is 2 for $2, but it just kept them at $1.49 each and wouldn't the 98c or whatever it is off). Not cool, had many people coming back with their receipts needing refunds. And one guy who "was a supermarket manager 25 years ago" went off saying the scanning policy is rubbish, that he's supposed to get it all for free if it scans up wrong. Then when a young guy being served cigarettes next to him is asked for ID, the old guy gets out his OWN wallet and shows his OWN i.d for this guy he didn't even know. Douchebag.

HSC
blakegman said:
the pay is different for every year of age until 21. usually like

15- 5.95
16- 7.55
17- 9.30
18- 11.59

sorta like that. Though id say even the 15 year old rate these days would be at 6-7
I started at 14, and initally got $7.40 an hour. But this was about two years ago (and in WA), I think now the 15 and under rate is $8.25

blakegman

HSC
N/A
jodi..1 said:
Ha we realised yesterday around 6pm that one of the registers wasn't taking off multibuys all day(eg pepsi is 2 for $2, but it just kept them at $1.49 each and wouldn't the 98c or whatever it is off). Not cool, had many people coming back with their receipts needing refunds. And one guy who "was a supermarket manager 25 years ago" went off saying the scanning policy is rubbish, that he's supposed to get it all for free if it scans up wrong. Then when a young guy being served cigarettes next to him is asked for ID, the old guy gets out his OWN wallet and shows his OWN i.d for this guy he didn't even know. Douchebag.
If something scans wrong your meant to get the item free, if multple items, at the lowest price of the 2. As for the ID part, thats actually illegal, its secondary purcahse and is a criminal offence.

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
...yes, you get the first item for free then each item after that for the ticketed price.

And I am aware it is illegal...that is the point of me saying it at all. We obviously did not accept the other mans ID but the person purchasing the cigarettes, who was of legal age.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)