The Woolworths Thread (4 Viewers)

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
Ha, assisted in the bakery this morning. Thought I'd just be packing bread, but no I had to slice. I eventually got the hang of it, but at the beginning I managed to slice a loaf of bread perfectly diagonally.

I'm beginning to be supervision trained for the service area...any stories of new supervisors doing something stupid, etc? I stress in bad situations, not that its likely I'll be doing much by myself.

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
adistar85us said:
Can I request to be put as a permanent part time or do I need to be offered a position?

My stores been affected by that cost cutting thing and the casuals get less shifts per week.
They usually ask, if they're cost cutting that much then I don't know why they didn't change you anyway as then you get paid less...except then they have to put you on so nevermind... Maybe just bring it up with them, as long as you really can work and won't whinge if you have to do more hours.

adistar85us

HSC
jodi..1 said:
They usually ask, if they're cost cutting that much then I don't know why they didn't change you anyway as then you get paid less...except then they have to put you on so nevermind... Maybe just bring it up with them, as long as you really can work and won't whinge if you have to do more hours.
what they're doing right now at my store is giving out more shifts to the permanent part timers/full timers and cutting back the casuals.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
at our store casuals can switch to part time right now if they just ask, but it's first come, first served, so get in early guys

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
i was offered a part time job before my manager left to the rouse hill store. i was casual now im a parttime. works kinda well though.

@makemearedcape: that's false. you have every right to change yoru availabilities even beforea year as elapsed.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
does anybody have workbrain at their store, if so whats it like?

HSC
Sorry, you are not eligible to apply for a Second Card.
Please see your HR Representative or Manager if you have any further questions.

what the fuck, why

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
pharmaceutical said:
Sorry, you are not eligible to apply for a Second Card.
Please see your HR Representative or Manager if you have any further questions.

what the fuck, why
are you casual? if your casual you arent allowed a 2nd card

HSC
After you've worked at Woolies for a year, does your pay rate go up? And you get given stocks?? I vaguely remember something about this being said, and just want it clarified.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
oooh, i finally have full Back Office Access, and a bit of training in systems, and i'll probably get Host access soon.

mwahaha..... i like having system access :(

kloudsurfer

HSC
Speaking of discount cards, my wallet got stolen ages ago and i havent gotten around to asking about getting a new discount card. Can I get a new one? How do I go about doing so? I rarely work these days so i keep forgetting to ask at work...

HSC
u have to wait till the next date that they're issued. so if they issue new cards yearly on june, you'll have to wait till june. i think thats what iread from the induction book

HSC
makemearedcape said:
After you've worked at Woolies for a year, does your pay rate go up? And you get given stocks?? I vaguely remember something about this being said, and just want it clarified.
Pay doesn't go up, except for any increases due to birthdays, six-monthy union increases etc.
You don't get stocks either.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
babikakez said:
Pay doesn't go up, except for any increases due to birthdays, six-monthy union increases etc.
You don't get stocks either.
haha.
that would be called stealing! =]

but in the deli; we do some taste testing / quality control to ensure freshness for our customers! =D

theysaideasy

HSC
shinji said:
but in the deli; we do some taste testing / quality control to ensure freshness for our customers! =D
woot. Tis true. I mean, the salami! It might have gone off! Better check it... and those olives.. they're not looking too good either...

I manage to find this thread right as I'm planning to quit, of course. It would have been nice to have somewhere to complain.

Bainesy

HSC
get a life u guys. working at woollies is good when you need a discount on chocolate, and working there for cheap chocs isnt real reason

go to tafe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)