The Woolworths Thread (4 Viewers)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Re: Woolworths FAQ- how to get a job

Update on the discount cards, I think they're 3 weeks cos I just got mine.

Also, for nightfill,you start at around 8pm I think (that's the time I go home and I starts eeing the maroon people move in haha) and it goes up til open time. It's mainly packing, shelving etc. I have never done it but it's what I can gather.

synthesized

HSC
N/A

if you miss the phone call from woolies after you applied will they ever call back again? i suspect it couldve been woolies who called me this morning at about 8:50 while i was still asleep :mad1:

also do they give you an interview over the phone or do they just tell you to go into the store for an interview?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC

I doubt they'd bother to call back...try giving them a call regarding your application (even if it turns out, it wasn't them).

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC

Martyno1 said:
Anyone know what the new uniforms look like?
Are they just for checkout people or for everyone in the store?

karoooh said:
What's a Nightfill Assistant?

Has/is anyone been a Nightfill? How were the hours; did you have to remain back after opening hours and what'd you have to do?
Generally.. nightfill hours are about 8pm to 6ish... ? (I think, not sure.)

My store gives me 4 hour shifts, 10-2 or 9-1.

After doing retail for 2-3 years I wanted to switch to nightfill cos you don't have to deal with sales/customer service... but it's heaps physical and constant work - you really have to be on schedule and finish your aisle on time (obviously when starting out its ok to be slow, just be fast/on time after your 3 months probation). Also I think you get paid extra for doing night shifts..

Nightfill is a 3-part job.. 'dropping' where you load boxes from the back onto a trolley and go around dropping them off in aisles (you don't do this til 2-3 months into your probation), 'shelving' (unpacking boxes) and 'facing' where you tidy up the aisle.

Sarah168 said:
Update on the discount cards, I think they're 3 weeks cos I just got mine.
How/where did you get it? In the mail or cash office or what...

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC

My department manager just handed me an envelope before my shift began. I didn't have to go nag cash office or anything.

HSC
N/A

Hmm, I've been working four weeks..

People at my branch are probably too disorganized to hand me anything.

Who's heard about the frontend uniforms? Also, who pays for them? Do they give you an allowance according to how often you work or something?

Scanorama

HSC

In my store, nightfill shifts generally start at 7 with most people finish at 12. Some shift will go until 5am. It's great. you don't have to deal with moron customers and they are pretty relaxed about uniform. I wear the green polo shirt, pants and walking shoes. You can even listen to MP3 after 11.

People work in nightfill are generally older (most have a full time job during the day/or mum) so you don't get as much crap as other departments. It is pretty flexible, I can start my shift late provided I work the hours.

Facing is the worst part of the job. Frankly my store isn't particularly fuzzy about it unless there is a big visit the next day. Dropping is all right, it normally goes until 930-10. It took me around 2-3 hours to fill an aisle.

Pay can be good, if you choose to stay back after 12.
30% more after midnight
100% more after midnight (saturday night/early sunday morning)

L

littlewing69

synthesized said:
if you miss the phone call from woolies after you applied will they ever call back again? i suspect it couldve been woolies who called me this morning at about 8:50 while i was still asleep :mad1:

also do they give you an interview over the phone or do they just tell you to go into the store for an interview?

Ring them.

Agywaggy

HSC

vulgarfraction said:
Who's heard about the frontend uniforms? Also, who pays for them? Do they give you an allowance according to how often you work or something?
I don't kno much about them, but what i could gather from my manager wasn't much, cause she isn't allowed to say anything about them. but all i kno is that we have to start wearing them in the new year and that full time and part timers get 2 shirts and casual's get 1 shirt. I wonder how we can obtain more shirts, 1 shirt isn't enough for casuals and i can't imagine full timers and part timers. I'm pretty sure that we could probably order them later on.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC

All I know is that they're green and sound damn ugly.

HSC
N/A

Green sounds okay...

You could probably get more shirts, but just have to pay for them, that's all.

HSC

ok now i'm pissed off. I've been trying to apply to Woolworths this past year. This time I even said that I'm available anytime, submitted a cover letter, answered all the questions good enough and told them that I've got customer service experience even though it's only a service cashier position and they still won't hire me!!!! what the hell is that? sorry for my anger right now. i just got the reject letter and i needed answers. should i just not be bothered submitting the cover letter or something?

Excalibur_

Not an Executive Member
HSC

There are plenty of reasons why it may happen. Who knows, maybe someone's more qualified than you?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC

Did you apply for actual positions are just submitted a profile?

HSC

yeah i applied for the position. that's how i got the reject letter. it's not like we need experience for a checkout position right?

Excalibur_

Not an Executive Member
HSC

Yeah, but how many other apply? Some have to be rejected and unfortunately it happened to you.

Just keep trying! You'll there eventually! I was rejected the first time I applied at Woolies (at a store a little further away from my current store). Now I'm at a store where my friends work and it's great =).

HSC
Has anyone ordered their new uniforms yet? At my store, we only officially got told that we were getting new uniforms last night. I mean, most of us knew already but thats besides the point. If we're expected to be wearing them on the 1st of January, that only leaves three weeks to facilitate them. And I've never known Woolworths to be terribly organised, so I wonder how that will play out.

Excalibur_

Not an Executive Member
HSC
I heard they were green, like in the way of Coles. I also heard that they were only for service :O

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC

Maybe your experience actually turned then off you? I can't speak for Woolworths, but there are many places that actually prefer you to have little experience, so they know you haven't learnt any bad habits, if that makes sense. You're easier for them to mould if you don't know what you're doing, haha.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)