The Woolworths Thread (5 Viewers)

ekul444

HSC
N/A
The chocolates were an EDR promotion - spend $100 with a registered card (excluding credit, cigs, alcohol, gift cards) and get a free box of Ferrero Rochers. We ran out around 2pmish, and only gave the raincheck forms to people who asked.
I didn't give any out, I was in smokes/express all day bar one transaction when an operator wanted to get some panadol.
the card didnt actually have to be registered. we got told to offer to everyone over $100 and if they dont have a card give them one. why give rainchecks it was advertised as 'while stocks last'??

I was on mains for a bit (cause we were so short) but I had a real tough time on SCO. I had to be watching out for people spending over 100 then leap in and offer one. If I didnt Id get people paying then coming up to me, showing me the receipt and going 'wheres the free chocolate??' argh.
I'd hav to check with CSM and theyd add to the tally on their hand of the number to 'fix' on Monday (the counts I assume?)
Along with watching out for people buying Avatar DVD because its not flagged on SCO as being locked, so they have had masses of people come back during the week to get them unlocked.

ekul444

HSC
N/A
lol babikakez you are really winding them up on that fb page, someone goes oh jeez we wont be getting receipts next, and you come in and go.. "actually, you wont, watch this space" LOL
and that jacob guy going jeez boycott us over farmers, power, waste etc. not a button!
lol nice job guys :p

although im not sure its the greatest idea.. for the safety of your job :p

HSC
the card didnt actually have to be registered. we got told to offer to everyone over $100 and if they dont have a card give them one. why give rainchecks it was advertised as 'while stocks last'??

I was on mains for a bit (cause we were so short) but I had a real tough time on SCO. I had to be watching out for people spending over 100 then leap in and offer one. If I didnt Id get people paying then coming up to me, showing me the receipt and going 'wheres the free chocolate??' argh.
I'd hav to check with CSM and theyd add to the tally on their hand of the number to 'fix' on Monday (the counts I assume?)
Along with watching out for people buying Avatar DVD because its not flagged on SCO as being locked, so they have had masses of people come back during the week to get them unlocked.
I'm fairly sure that was part of the advertisement, that the card had to be registered. And we took down the instore signs once we knew we were going to run out before close, we thought about going and getting some off the shelf but the grocery manager was not happy about that. So the rainchecks were just to keep the masses happy.

Out of curiosity, how many people would spend over $100 on an SCO? I would only use them for less than a basketful.

HSC
lol babikakez you are really winding them up on that fb page, someone goes oh jeez we wont be getting receipts next, and you come in and go.. "actually, you wont, watch this space" LOL
and that jacob guy going jeez boycott us over farmers, power, waste etc. not a button!
lol nice job guys :p

although im not sure its the greatest idea.. for the safety of your job :p
Yep thats why I deleted something else that I said on there last night. I'll give them time to react and rage at me then I'll delete what I've said.

Besides, its safe to say that I've been well and truly identified via this thread. My job safety is already gone.

Err, give you a hint, that Jacob guy, hello yoddle ;)

ekul444

HSC
N/A
Out of curiosity, how many people would spend over $100 on an SCO? I would only use them for less than a basketful.
well i wouldnt use them for a basketful, but people are stupid and try to go through with trolley fulls. most fail and never come back, but we have our regulars :p

Err, give you a hint, that Jacob guy, hello yoddle ;)
bahah thought so, but i didnt want to assume ;)

HSC
they've deleted some of the comments on there lol haha
I deleted some of mine...

OH and guess what yoddle, you have yourself an admirer. My bestie, who is also a supervisor in my store, just said that you are absolutely on fire with that group. She's very very impressed. Nice work, but I certainly hope she doesn't notice the whole 'mutual friends' aspect, haha.

Last edited:

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Hahaha cool. I hope no one from work sees it, they'll be like "nerd."

Yes that will be awkward... "How do you know that random guy from Tasmania!?!?"

HSC
Hahaha cool. I hope no one from work sees it, they'll be like "nerd."

Yes that will be awkward... "How do you know that random guy from Tasmania!?!?"
Haha I've kind of covered my tracks just in case ;) If anyone asks I added you with a message of support, not that she's that internet stalkerish.
At least I hope not anyway :p

brookie94

HSC
Lol!! I just joined that group and now like half my store has :p the girl that commented saying that we shouldn't be getting abused and the girl that commented on that are my bitches ;) haha

rose2

HSC
Lol!! I just joined that group and now like half my store has :p the girl that commented saying that we shouldn't be getting abused and the girl that commented on that are my bitches ;) haha
hey is that the group about visa debit card as babikakez wrote before?
If not,please post a link.
Thanx.

HSC
hey is that the group about visa debit card as babikakez wrote before?
If not,please post a link.
Thanx.
There's about three groups that I'm aware of.

I did 4 am - 8 pm yesterday, and 5 am - 6.30 pm today.
I'm buggered.
Fuck thats insane.

does anyone know if there is a copy of the national EBA online anywhere yet? ive looked on here: Find a collective agreement but havent seen it.
There's a draft copy floating around on here, I swear someone posted it, but I don't know how different that is to the one that was actually voted on.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Fuck thats insane.
Yeah and it's making me start to lose it. I would have been there later tonight but the SSM kicked me out >_<

Had some staffing issues (pretty much staff leaving early, and not completing their work). It got to the point where the SM threatened (this morning) to counsel every one of them. After that, they worked hard.

It's just gay, especially when the work that they don't do is the stuff that physically, I CAN'T do (what with my knee being busted and all). Like stacking our wrapping on shelves, climbing ladders, reaching under the ovens, lifting like 20kg of metal & bread off the floor, crouching down and stuff. SO yeah, ultimatum, kinda win. Let's see how long it lasts.

ytrbut

HSC
I'm buggered.
Fuck...I hate weekends like that. 29.5 hours before breaks, that's pretty extreme. I've only done one of then recently - 0600-0000 and 0900-2300 (amusingly, I was meant to start at 8am on Sunday but slept through my alarm and had to call the SM and apologise that I'd be an hour late) - and went home Sunday night thinking I'd sleep for about 12 hours. At 6:40am Monday I get a call saying our storeperson has called in sick and I am needed to start at 7am. Come 4:30pm I was falling asleep, I actually didn't feel safe driving home I was so delusional, so I asked my STM to drive me, given I'd bailed his and the SSM's arses out over the proceeding three days, he was more than happy to :)

brookie94

HSC
I'm buggered.
Machine. Hero ;)

Fuck...I hate weekends like that. 29.5 hours before breaks, that's pretty extreme. I've only done one of then recently - 0600-0000 and 0900-2300 (amusingly, I was meant to start at 8am on Sunday but slept through my alarm and had to call the SM and apologise that I'd be an hour late) - and went home Sunday night thinking I'd sleep for about 12 hours. At 6:40am Monday I get a call saying our storeperson has called in sick and I am needed to start at 7am. Come 4:30pm I was falling asleep, I actually didn't feel safe driving home I was so delusional, so I asked my STM to drive me, given I'd bailed his and the SSM's arses out over the proceeding three days, he was more than happy to :)
geeeeeez! You're just as bad as wixxy!! Lol that'd dam well crazyyyyy!! You're both nuts! :p

HSC
I am over woolworths :bomb: , the last two shifts have just really irritated me. I was fine at the start of the shift all happy and smiley, but half-way through I just loose all passion for the job, that's it I am considering changing departments.

But my shifts this week are good

SAT: 08:00-16:00
SUN: 13:00-17:00

but knowing me I will be sucked into doing 16:00-22:00 on self serve.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)