The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

HSC
well if you've been told you're slow then speed up! lol.

maybe you could look at how everyone else packs (and faces)...maybe you're spending too much time making it look neat and not enough on just getting everything on (which is the main thing)...if you're slow just pack the whole aisle and do a quick face at the end? or maybe you're using the safety step when you don't need to...eh i don't know, it could be something else?

as for the mobile phone thing just don't take it with you if you tend to look at it...even if its just till you sign your appraisal?

hope that helps

G

Gavvvvvin

yea the trick is to face dodgy none of this 2-up bullshit no one actually does this unless theyre stupid

adistar85us

HSC
watatank said:
well if you've been told you're slow then speed up! lol.

maybe you could look at how everyone else packs (and faces)...maybe you're spending too much time making it look neat and not enough on just getting everything on (which is the main thing)...if you're slow just pack the whole aisle and do a quick face at the end? or maybe you're using the safety step when you don't need to...eh i don't know, it could be something else?

as for the mobile phone thing just don't take it with you if you tend to look at it...even if its just till you sign your appraisal?

hope that helps
that's exactly what i do ie-pack everything in and quick face. I wrote on my post they "assume" I'm slow because the usual aisles they give me are the ones that need most stock replenishment and I usually get around to just finishing my aisle (drop, pack, face , clean) without helping others finish theirs (which they want me to do).

the mobile phone thing happend once. Theres an annoying employee in my store that loves to report everything.

adistar85us

HSC
Gavvvvvin said:
yea the trick is to face dodgy none of this 2-up bullshit no one actually does this unless theyre stupid
so I take it your loaded post is implying something??

HSC
that's exactly what i do ie-pack everything in and quick face. I wrote on my post they "assume" I'm slow because the usual aisles they give me are the ones that need most stock replenishment and I usually get around to just finishing my aisle (drop, pack, face , clean) without helping others finish theirs (which they want me to do).

the mobile phone thing happend once. Theres an annoying employee in my store that loves to report everything.
well if you're packing fast and as well as you can then all you can really do is keep doing it. if you're good at your job they can't sack you. people who are slower than you are staying on so you should be staying on. but still if they do get on your back about that then just do an even more dodgy job of your pack, face, etc than you have been doing.

adistar85us

HSC
watatank said:
well if you're packing fast and as well as you can then all you can really do is keep doing it. if you're good at your job they can't sack you. people who are slower than you are staying on so you should be staying on. but still if they do get on your back about that then just do an even more dodgy job of your pack, face, etc than you have been doing.
Thanks bro. Shouldve made my first post more of a rant. The thing is, the manager is very demanding and some of the older employees get frustrated if you finish packing before them. They report and say your doing a dodgy job (been told by my supervisor reported by my "team"). If you try to slow things down and pack neatly they accuse you of being slow and bludging.

monkeybois

HSC
N/A
Gavvvvvin said:

i make my nightfillers routine 2 deep coz our store is so busy that by midday the store looks like crap coz at least 1 of everthing has sold so it looks empty.

monkeybois

HSC
N/A
adistar85us said:
Thanks bro. Shouldve made my first post more of a rant. The thing is, the manager is very demanding and some of the older employees get frustrated if you finish packing before them. They report and say your doing a dodgy job (been told by my supervisor reported by my "team"). If you try to slow things down and pack neatly they accuse you of being slow and bludging.
my older nightfillers are the most stoic group of people iv ever met. try not 2 pay 2 much attention 2 them. they hav obviously been in the job a long time and easily get intimidated by you because you havent been there very long and are better than them. if i were u if it was convenient with your schedule id get asked to go to days. much easier. and woolworths is so desperate for ppl most of the time i wouldnt worry about making it past the probation

HSC
monkeybois said:
i make my nightfillers routine 2 deep coz our store is so busy that by midday the store looks like crap coz at least 1 of everthing has sold so it looks empty.
Once I got told to routine (I work in checkouts so it wasn't something that I'd ever needed to do) and I tried to pull all of the stock forward. No wonder I didn't get the aisle done.:(

monkeybois

HSC
N/A
townie said:
Does anybody know who I see about getting Host access?

you hav to have a good reason for getting host access. usually you have to be at least a dept 2ic or higher. the reason is you can change promotional orders in there which could stuff the whole store up with 2 much or not enough stock.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
monkeybois said:
you hav to have a good reason for getting host access. usually you have to be at least a dept 2ic or higher. the reason is you can change promotional orders in there which could stuff the whole store up with 2 much or not enough stock.
i have 2 reasons

1) i need host access to do the eDGMS invoices to get the GRN ammount (i'm an occasional office cashier)

2) my department manager wants to train me in all that ordering crap anyway

up till now i've just been getting the store manager or STM/SSM to log on for me, to do (1), but it's getting annoying

Harry778

HSC
OMG! So pissed off! I go to work today and got 2 packets of ciggarets. So I thought i'll use the quantity button coz I can!! Hahaha! Coz i have numbers. But then the Supervisor and Password box comes up! And I was like OMG! Whats happening. So i asked a supervisor whats goin on.

She said the Service Manager cleaned out the system and got rid of all the people that dont work there and still had sign on numbers and also removed numbers from people that had them and shouldent. She removed mine!

Why?! I do smoke shop, I do Supervision a couple times a month (I'm 15 by the way) She also said just work hard and get some more experience and i'm sure she'll give them back. Why should i have to i SUPERVISE!!!!

There were lots of people that had numbers that werent even supervisors or smoke shop people coz we used to have a really slack 2IC and service manager. (But everyone thought they were good coz they have everyone numbers who asked for them). But not anymore!! I understand why she took them away from everyone else but why me? It gave me a feeling of responsability and felt like i was stepping up but not now!

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Ekim said:
Monkie, you can grant access to Host without allowing access to promotional screens/cass.

Townie, SSM, STM and SM and I think systems are the authorized people to give host access though anyone with Host access can try and maybe IT will fall for it. If they plead ignorance its the E-form called NU - New User in the eforms directory of host. It takes a minute tops to fill the form out, then they get a email a couple days later with your logon details.

Though that wont help you get the GRN numbers. If you have the right permissions on the network you can go to Correct Recieved Order (on our system its 2,2,2 (Recieve Orders -> Direct Vendors -> Correct Recieved Order)) plug in the order number and it comes up with the GRN.

You can also do it by logging into Stock Managment, go orders, search to find it via the various options (usually the right date and the status to ''recieved' should be enough) highlight it and hit details down the bottom and it will bring up a screen that contains the GRN.

Or bitch about the incompetant backdock people, when they recieve orders they should be stamp it and put the number on it...

Edit: oops, sry mate that wont work im mixing up edsd and dgms...
yeah, i can get the GRN numbers fine as we're pretty good at putting them on, but the eDGMS without invoices, the value of the invoices isnt recorded so you have to go to host to get them 'cause i have to record the value of money spent on either deli, meat, produce or prop bakery.

but yeah, i might ask the systems person cause I need access to Stock Management as well (i used to have it, but they took it away when i hadnt used it in a while) i dont want to ask the store manager cause he's only acting, and our SSM/STM (same person) is lazy so will 4get

HSC
Harry778 said:
OMG! So pissed off! I go to work today and got 2 packets of ciggarets. So I thought i'll use the quantity button coz I can!! Hahaha! Coz i have numbers. But then the Supervisor and Password box comes up! And I was like OMG! Whats happening. So i asked a supervisor whats goin on.

She said the Service Manager cleaned out the system and got rid of all the people that dont work there and still had sign on numbers and also removed numbers from people that had them and shouldent. She removed mine!

Why?! I do smoke shop, I do Supervision a couple times a month (I'm 15 by the way) She also said just work hard and get some more experience and i'm sure she'll give them back. Why should i have to i SUPERVISE!!!!

There were lots of people that had numbers that werent even supervisors or smoke shop people coz we used to have a really slack 2IC and service manager. (But everyone thought they were good coz they have everyone numbers who asked for them). But not anymore!! I understand why she took them away from everyone else but why me? It gave me a feeling of responsability and felt like i was stepping up but not now!
In my opinion, it was pretty careless and irresponsible on the part of you CSM to be giving numbers to anyone who wanted them. You say why should you have to supervise in order to have supervisor numbers, well there is a fair bit of responsibility associated with being a supervisor, and this shouldn't be given to just anyone. Being in smokeshop doesn't require numbers, I agree that it can be annoying when you need a refund or something, but its not neccessary.

Despite that, I understand how you feel. My store had been without a Service 2IC for about 8 months. In that time I was given numbers as a way to support the other supervisors, not to supervise myself. However, after we got a new 2IC, our service dept was audited, and it revealed that we had too many supervisors for the size of the store. For this reason, I lost my numbers, and now only have them on an as-needed basis. For instance we only had one supervisor on from 2pm last friday, so I had numbers put on then. When I work on Sunday mornings, I also have them then. I must admit, it is pretty annoying, especially when you have numbers on Friday but not Saturday, or when my CSM forgets to put them on, but its better than nothing.

As mentioned, auditing may be the reason why you lost your numbers. You also mentioned that you're 15. Even though I have held supervisor numbers in the past and continue to do so when needed, I was not considered for when a supervision position came up. Reason - I'm only 16. Even without numbers though, I assure you that it IS possible to demonstrate responsibility that will warrant you acquiring supervision numbers again, this time as an actual supervisor.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
mwahahaha, our store gave all the liquor staff supervisor numbers to make it easier on front end

despite that, i'm the only 1 who seems to use them

it's a moot point in our store, most people know at least 1 supervisors numbers

HSC
townie said:
it's a moot point in our store, most people know at least 1 supervisors numbers
I have one supervisor who always lets me use his numbers because he's generally lazy. Another only ever swaps her password between 0202 and 0303, so its easy enough to work out. But there have been people who have been given cautions because of using supervisor numbers, so its not something that we do often.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
babikakez said:
I have one supervisor who always lets me use his numbers because he's generally lazy. Another only ever swaps her password between 0202 and 0303, so its easy enough to work out. But there have been people who have been given cautions because of using supervisor numbers, so its not something that we do often.
yeah, well, there's an unspoken rule that if you DO know a supervisor number

1) Only use it with permission
2) only use it to override Reduced to Clears and Product Withdrawal Notifications

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
grrrrrr, a Natcom went out about Office Cashiers, and now, because i only get the occasional shift i cant get a spare key when i'm in there AND i dont get the safe combo, and have to use the manager to get me in and to open the safe, and let me tell u, not having a key is annoying, because i have to go in and out quite a few times

HSC
townie said:
yeah, well, there's an unspoken rule that if you DO know a supervisor number

1) Only use it with permission
2) only use it to override Reduced to Clears and Product Withdrawal Notifications
Thats all we'd use it for anyway, sometimes he tells us to use it for refunds. But then again, there's only a few of us who use his numbers, everyone else would have their heads bitten off. Literally.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)