The Woolworths Thread (57 Viewers)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
vulgarfraction said:
It was extremely on and off... when people got off work there were queues halfway across the store. I'm working tomorrow too. Just my luck- busiest days and no work on the public holidays when I'm home anyway and the pay's great. :(

townie- Can't you just apply for cash office, or let them know that you want a position and see what happens? Also I'm curious.. what counts as a small store?
our cash office has all the staff it requires atm, and some1 who can do more work if required

small store, well, we're one of only 2 Metro's in Region 8 (and afaik the whole country)

on a good day we trade about $35k (so sat/sun) Christmas week we trade $220k if that puts it in perspective?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
hey does anyone know if we get paid more for today (Easter Saturday)?
I've been hearing mixed things even though my service manager said we get 2.5x.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
thejosiekiller said:
yeah 2.5x pay for today and monday as well
oh yeah, awesome

P.S. region 8 is basically greater metropolitan sydney and gosford i think

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
oh yay :D

I don't work weekdays but I wish I was rostered for Monday. I'm so greedy. Haha.

hafcazt2env

TedHead
HSC
Re: Woolworths FAQ- how to get a job

im in ur 12, and worked at woolies for over 2 yrs, and this is not exaggerated, u hav to go through so many procedures to get a job, but its true lots of ppl quit and my store just hired like 25 people all over the place. its sucha good afta skool job though, id reccomend it neday. very flexible and good pay espsesh 4 uni students.

amanda3

HSC
hey does anyone know the site where we order shirts from?
i couldnt find the poster at work!

klyie minogue

HSC
N/A

Woolworths wants me to work both Friday and Saturday night. There goes my social life :mad1:

HSC
vulgarfraction said:
I didn't realise that we got 2.5 pay till after my five hour shift. Ohyeah. =)
I did 7.5 hours on saturday, and 6 hours on monday. I didn't realise Saturday was 2.5 until today, it was certainly a pleasant surprise.

mattrock24

HSC
im in produce and its ok for me because im 3ic but i only do nights... for instance my most common shift is 12:00pm - 9:30pm so no early starts :) the actual job is fine except being called up for the damn checkouts.... i usually get 35 - 37 hours a week so im happy where i am :)

HSC

Annegelic said:
Bring bank details and food (otherwise your stuck with candy machines for the whole 5-6 hrs).
I was really lucky. Where I had my induction was next door to a KFC, takeaway Chinese and a Chicken Treat. So find out whats available in the immediate area of your induction location.

Scanorama

HSC

klyie minogue said:
Yes doing work experience is a great idea when your first starting out.
You mean the Year 10 work experience which you don't get paid?

Pilotdude

HSC
townie said:
our cash office has all the staff it requires atm, and some1 who can do more work if required

small store, well, we're one of only 2 Metro's in Region 8 (and afaik the whole country)

on a good day we trade about $35k (so sat/sun) Christmas week we trade $220k if that puts it in perspective?

LOL 220K a week :eek: :eek:

We do more than that a day lol and we only have like 13,000 people in the town and our only comp is Coles. On a normal day we will do about 200k and saturdays are usually 260-270 and then Sunday is about 140-150k depending on whats happening that week. Most weeks we will break a mil and big weeks we will get to 1.5, on xmas week we done 1.5 mil so the managers would have got a nice bonus that week :mad1:.

Our Liquor store usually does sales within in the top 10 in the country and we were 5th over X-mas considering our town size and then our liquor store was only the size of a box with two aisles and a small fridge, now double the size.

On the thursday before good friday we done $401,000 after tax, was extremely busy and with only 12 checkouts and 4 express its was madness. and soon to only be 10 checkouts.....

At the moment ive been doing Service Mgr relief, been pretty hetic but learnt heaps but whiles shes away our new checkouts are being put in so atm we have no ceiling shit everwhere and aisles missing and half a deli and the store is like a construction site lol.

So yeah thats our store, pretty average really. Deciding whether i want service manager though, its not bad just the hours and stress that comes with it. And rosters are a headache for sure!

But they offered me a salaried package the other day which is good but it also good, they are training me in Backdock and systems to do reliefs then ill go to service manager, well thats the plan at the moment.

:)

HSC
i just got a nightfill position at woolies. havent had a proper job for ages so im happy lol. how does the pay go for an 18 year old?? (thread too long to read :eek:)

Excalibur_

Not an Executive Member
HSC

hafcazt2env said:
im in ur 12, and worked at woolies for over 2 yrs, and this is not exaggerated, u hav to go through so many procedures to get a job, but its true lots of ppl quit and my store just hired like 25 people all over the place. its sucha good afta skool job though, id reccomend it neday. very flexible and good pay espsesh 4 uni students.
I thought it was alright pay (compared to other entry-level jobs) but I've proved myself wrong.

Maybe not so much high school (but hey, why not?!) but definitely Uni, there are places that have casual positions for uni students in specific disciplines. They generally pay more too!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 57)