• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Winner of VoIP App? (1 Viewer)

tumbler66

HSC
N/A
Hey guys so I've been using a bunch of VoIP app to call my parents from the US lately. Been pretty interested in them so I'd like to hear your oppinions/suggestions about some of them. So far I think Skype and this app called Global Call are relatively the most alright ones. Viber recently has been updated with pretty cute emoticons so I let it past. Libon meh (can't even hear anything). What do you guys think :D
(and oh well this might or might not have to do with my final assignment about VoIP market hahah, so any help would be appreciated)

deloving

HSC
You are doing an assessment on the voip market...? What subject is this for, do tell.

uyuu

HSC
N/A
Sound like Society and Culture for me?? Anyhow I never heard about that Libon thingy before. Skype is classic. Global Call has the allure of a new, adventurous, but potential romance LOL. Viber? Lame. Not sure if this helps :p

turkey4dinner

HSC
N/A
That Global Call the app that is having that buy 1 get some bonus kinda event? I remember my friend mentioning something about that app to me the other day; Apparently she think she can buy the credits of that app and then somehow magically transfer it to her phone as prepaid money?? Poor little girl wrecking her brain so hard to get more money calling her little brother in India.

tumbler66

HSC
N/A
You are doing an assessment on the voip market...? What subject is this for, do tell.
Well it's a bit different... I'm actually proceeding a small private project to apply for a US college, but then my adviser agreed to help me with it and may (or may not) consider it as a substitute for one of my class's finals. So yeah, I really appreciate your help.

By the way turkey4dinner you are talking about this event of the Global Call stuff? www.globalcall-1plus1.com The event is legit. It is totally true that you can get 100% bonus for charging for that app at the moment (if you are in US UK Australia only, unfortunately though). And fyi buddy it is also true that you can gift those credit to another prepaid phone ^^ Been using this function for awhile already.

turkey4dinner

HSC
N/A
Wait what? so you can actually transfer the money from an app to your phone? I gotta ask my friend about this Global Call again... Hm... interesting...

happypills

HSC
N/A
Wait what? so you can actually transfer the money from an app to your phone? I gotta ask my friend about this Global Call again... Hm... interesting...
i've been using global call for months and totally content with it. the app indeed has the feature "send gift to prepaid phone" that literally means you can top up money on your own prepaid phone :D
the calling rate is cheap (in my case, Vietnam) and they don't charge neither connection fee like viber or transaction fee like rebtel :D

it will be great if you share your study's findings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)