The White Stripes - "Get Behind Me Satan" BRILLIANT!!! (1 Viewer)

jack white

After Hours
HSC
Hey guys, anybody else get their new album yet??? I think it is absolutely amazing - anybody agree???

Favourite songs anyone??? Well, I love "Red Rain", "Instinct Blues", "The Nurse", "My Doorbell", "Blue Orchid" and "I'm Lonely (But I Ain't That Lonely Yet)". In fact, they are all fucking superb...excellent, excellent music...every song has its own different sound, each sounding completely new...

It may not be as good as "Elephant" but it certainly confirms their position as the best band in the universe...big call i know, but i don't seek agreement in making it

Brilliant stuff here. They may have changed musically and aesthetically but I still love them and their music immensely.

artfag

Banned
HSC
elephant was a good album?

fuck 'em. listen to the dirtbombs instead :cool:

jack white

After Hours
HSC
I do listen to the Dirtbombs..."motor city baby" was a good song...

So? "Get Behind Me Satan" - anybody who actually has bought it and listened to it, do you love it (like me) or hate it (like many people will say they do)?

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
when i grow up, im gonna exploit my c-grade celebrity status to sex annorexic supermodels.

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
absolution* said:
when i grow up, im gonna exploit my c-grade celebrity status to sex annorexic supermodels.

wow what a life....i dream to b like u then absolution :uhhuh:

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
do u offer like those bakers delight tickets...that may b an easier way to do it

slip

HSC
i havent heard much white stripes, despite recieving copies of "white stripes" and "elephant" i jsut never liked them enough to actually listen to the both albums.

however the new stuff ive heard on triple j i have like. im lonely is my fav.

walrusbear

HSC
i want to hear the new album
it's getting ok reviews

apparently has a lot less guitar, they've moved away from their rules slightly

jack white

After Hours
HSC
yeah, only half the songs are guitar-driven, the rest is very much organ, marimba and meg's drumming. she is very simplistic on this album but she smacks those drums like she wants to break them. love it. shes my jane bonham.

it is very dissimilar to elephant, i'll tell you that. but who ever said something new wasnt good?...its excellent.

i still favour "elephant" though...and i'll admit, they will lose some fans with this one.

if you are looking for a raw rock n' roll album then this one is probably not for you. "get behind me satan" is a mixture of rock, blues, jazz, country, metal and pop. a very, very eclectic album....if you buy it, be ready for something different...

Last edited:

walrusbear

HSC
jack white said:
yeah, only half the songs are guitar-driven, the rest is very much organ, marimba and meg's drumming. she is very simplistic on this album but she smacks those drums like she wants to break them. love it. shes my jane bonham.

it is very dissimilar to elephant, i'll tell you that. but who ever said something new wasnt good?...its excellent.

i still favour "elephant" though...and i'll admit, they will lose some fans with this one.

if you are looking for a raw rock n' roll album then this one is probably not for you. "get behind me satan" is a mixture of rock, blues, jazz, country, metal and pop. a very, very eclectic album....if you buy it, be ready for something different...
as opposed to the rest of their career?

jack white

After Hours
HSC
walrusbear said:
as opposed to the rest of their career?
well, she is even more simplistic this time round, but certainly a lot louder - her drumming overwhelms jack at times....

she is defintely not the world's best drummer thats for sure...but i love her

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
i heard the new song the other day on triple j and i had to stifle back bile...
it was horrid

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
jack white said:
i am very aware that A LOT of people hate them...go listen to something else then
trust me.
i do
oh, i do.
i lsitne to great music.
fuckiing better then the shit stripes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)