the way uni works (1 Viewer)

indeed

HSC
Can someone explain how uni works in terms of the part time and full time situation (with credit points and all that)? And how choosing subjects/elective things work?

dav53521

HSC
For full time and part time loads, it is based off of how many credit points you are doing that semester so if you want to be considered a full time student you will have to do a certain amount of credit points. For example at UTS to be a full time student you have to do 18 units per semester to be considered a full time student otherwise you'll be considered a part time. Also credit points are basically how much each subject is worth as you need a certain number of credit points to graduate with a degree.

For choosing subjects/electives I can't speak for all unis however, typically you would follow a recommended course structure as some subjects (at least for UTS) have pre-requisites meaning that you must complete the pre-requisite subjects before you're allowed to commence in a subject. While it is possible to deviate away from the recommended course structure it's not typically encouraged as you'll potentially encounter issues with pre-requisite. For choosing electives I'm not sure for all unis but at least for UTS you're given a list of electives and you choose a certain amount from that list depending on how many your course is allows you to choose.

indeed

HSC
For full time and part time loads, it is based off of how many credit points you are doing that semester so if you want to be considered a full time student you will have to do a certain amount of credit points. For example at UTS to be a full time student you have to do 18 units per semester to be considered a full time student otherwise you'll be considered a part time. Also credit points are basically how much each subject is worth as you need a certain number of credit points to graduate with a degree.

For choosing subjects/electives I can't speak for all unis however, typically you would follow a recommended course structure as some subjects (at least for UTS) have pre-requisites meaning that you must complete the pre-requisite subjects before you're allowed to commence in a subject. While it is possible to deviate away from the recommended course structure it's not typically encouraged as you'll potentially encounter issues with pre-requisite. For choosing electives I'm not sure for all unis but at least for UTS you're given a list of electives and you choose a certain amount from that list depending on how many your course is allows you to choose.
Oh ok thank you! Does being part-time vs. full-time have any implications (apart from just the 'title' difference)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)