The Visual Arts HSC paper soon... nervous? (1 Viewer)

SuPeRaM

hey everyone... ok well im kinda nervous but only because of what i hav prepared for... i.e. is it enuf?!

hows every1 else goin in terms of being "ready"? i know theres tonnes of past papers ya end up doing etc but for me... its just memorising everything thats the problem...

SECTION I - see to cover this section well, would be to know what? art practice/criticism/history - the framed and the conceptual framework... OBVIOUSLY!... but here is what im worried about... content! in the end it comes down to what u really know based on ur knowledge of the time period the question is based on. For e.g. the independent trial Q1(a) had to do with china and its democracy - freedom - the representation of the liberty in plate one etc... I personally hav no idea about that!

any1 got any tips to improve on attacking q's in this section?

SECTION II - this is much more open ofcourse due to the options given although i hav one concern! with my case studies (postmodermism/appropriation, role of museums/art galleries, degenerate art, 4got the other..) i dont know all of them and in all honesty am only focusing on one... Postmodernism/appropriation is this a bad idea? like... are ppl preparing essays for this section? then moulding it to the actual question they choose?

i dunno if im on the right track is all im contemplatiing... :/ good ol' theory... makin me look dumb... sumtimes. lol.

SuPeRaM

heyy natstar... can i just say sumthing?

"FFFFAAAAAAAAARRRRRRROOOOUUTTTT!" thanx heaps! lol cant believe u typed that much for me :) unless u had it saved sumwhere for urself... but hey... huge help anyway!

*errmm... sum1s gonna kill the art hsc exam* hehe good work... now i know how much crap i hafta do b4 then... yikes...

anyone else wanna add any tips? strategies? suggestions? regarding the hsc visual arts paper??? c'mon anything at all?... :/

SuPeRaM

shit i typed a full massive reply and it fucked up... stupid backspace didnt save my msg...

anyways i basically sed thanx heaps natstar... ur a ledgende and yes u helped me heaps with that... cant believe u wrote so much unless that "strat-plan" was already saved on ur comp! lol but its all good... thanx anyway!

*errmm... sum1s gonna kill hsc art 2003" lol now i know how much work i hafta do... yikes...

hey does anyone wanna add to this? suggestions? strategies? tips? anything at all regarding the hsc paper commin up.... feel free to speak up! =/ we r in it 2getha... haha yeah real convincing for the strugglers... ---> *me* <---

SuPeRaM

okay.... so my first msg did work... KINDA~! wtf... i typed a whole essay practically... ehhh im lost... dont mind me.

SuPeRaM

oh well i had it saved after that! lol hehe more help for me :)

hey wats ur email by the way? u and msn user perhaps?

MonkEE

HSC
N/A
hmmm wth

I thought art was easy?
This is like another dam english test.

hmm yeah nrevous hard.
Not really ready, thought art was easy and dont care about it, now i am effed.

I guess ill just relying on my creativity and bs

:apig: <-- look tat the piggy
bai

NeverSummer

The art exam is pretty much a joke. I havnt had a teacher since year 10 and im still topping

MrMiK

yeh i guess..
but you need to kno some stuff still..
if you know a few artists and their works, i think you'd go good ay.. but thats just my thoughts.

how many artists/works do u think we should include in section2?

jello

man

the guy dat typed out all dat crap... stop scaring ppl
art is a subject where u can just look at it and write wot u think
esp in question 1
where ur not realli sposed 2 have seen the plates b4
depending on the question
u usually write about how the artist is tryign 2 connect 2 the audience
so just pick out stuff from the plates and rite why u think it answers the question
and then fully back it up with evidence
they cant mark u done if u back it up
coz they can say
u must answer it like this
coz u cant do that in art

well dats wot i do anyway and i usually get full marks* note im not bragging*
im just trying 2 say not 2 stress out!
coz u dont need to!

SuPeRaM

natstar isnt scaring anyone man... well that aint her intention.. i think she's only trying to help since she was a hsc art student last yr and she got a pretty decent mark for it... i dunno, i find her advice quite helpful...

but yeah section one shud be ok... everyone has their own thing, no1 is really wrong but with section two on the other hand, its a different story... u can make up half the stuff but to make it holistic to an extent that answers the question well... u gota know more than bs'ing for a few pages i think...

so i gather then that most of youz r taking it lightly? (not that i mind... i think 3hr exams r more stressful) and anyone else preparing differently?

lazybum

HSC
N/A
you asked about appropriation and postmodernism
i'm also basing my studies on that
just make sure you can twist it around ie

Postmodernism=frames

you can also say artists were influenced by the world around them ie the 1970's, refer to Marcel Duchamp, refer to audiences opinions
use critics etc etc = Concep framework

if you're doing practice= focus on how the artist was influenced to do what he she did
what he she does
methods
if they're influenced by critics
(you can basically manipulate concep framework)

i'm also scared for the first question
you can manouver your way aroundnumber 2 but number 1 you've gotta know what the examiner wants ( i scored 5 out of 5 and 8 out of 8 for trials but 7 out of 12 for no. C which pulled me way down!!!! )

MrMiK

my prep is simply making notes about wot my last essays gona say (breifly) cuz nothin comes to mind nemore..
might even write an essay b4 hand.. just go i can write a lil quicker (less thought needed)

as for q1.. i wasnt gona study cuz ur sposed to use the frames they supply i think. spose u CAN use more evidence, but i think it wont b needed. the only think im worried about is that im expected to kno the history of the world in every continent (ok lil exageration)
got any particular dates and occurences i should kno about .. like in the trials i had that thingo square in Bejing.. and i had NO idea. never seen it b4. gues thats wot u get for being a hermit ... :p

craz

HSC
dead on - its not like a 3 hr exam...although the essay is what bothers me...i went down way down in the trials i did better earlier on...so im hoping for top marks.......hopefully :d. question 1 isnt so much of a worry - i can blab on...as long as i relate it to the subject matter. im trying to work out artists and stuff for question 2- hopefully i think i can do artists practice-easier for me to understand.

MrMiK

yeh i figure the majority of the state wont b too focused on the prep for sec1 anyways..
unless they duno the frames or somthin..
its not like we have a HUGE amount of stuff we HAVE to kno.

Sugarplum

section one isnt to bad. u get given the thigns then u jsut crap on, make thigns up on teh spot, what i love about art the ability to jsut bull shit your way through it all..
section 2 everyone should be right, u pick teh area ur best at , such as im using frames and the questiosn are always similar to past ones.. so hopefully it goes well..
good luck guys!!

guy

HSC
i'm so nervous about getting radiohead tickets.
what, art exam?
yeah thats gonna be fucked to
getting tickets will dictate how i go in the exam

DC10

there's LITTLE chance that section 1 could be prepared ... they ALWAYS try to outsmart students, so there's little to no point guessing. Focus instead on section 2 and learning about the art history events and periods etc....

mememe

You can't prepare much for art, just know a few artists for the essay and your set. Good luck everyone!!! Although, you're all probably off studying as the exam is in only 2 hours :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)