• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

the VAGINA monologues (1 Viewer)

Princess Steph

HSC
I think this is my IP piece...anyone seen it performed? Anyone else thinking of doing it??? Its going to be sooooooo hard getting up and saying "Vagina" in front of all the markers and teachers and stuff... shame...:eek:

HSC
Hey dats a fantastic choice, i was NEARLY going to choose that for my IP as well when i saw it in the Performing Arts bookshop in Pitt Street last year. You go girl~:)

Good Luck with it, it'll be so hard to do it comfortably eh? Just remember it has to be theatrical. Because they're actual monologues, maybe it could accidentally turn into some kinda lecture about female sexuality and all.

Have you thought of ways to make it a piece of theatre? (i don't really know what that means myself, jus my teacher said that so i'm jus paraphrasing haha) Good luck! let me know how it goes:)

Princess Steph

HSC
thsnks!

hey green appletini! Why did you decide not to do TVM? When you saw it performed, was it like serious and stuff? Any tips on making it seem more narrative less essay-ish? I think i might put in a bit of my own dialogue to make it more like a story or something...i dont know...any hints or suggestions or anything? What monologue are you doing now? What did you study for your Australian theatre and American thatre core? Have you got any ideas for your GP yet?

HSC
Hey dude~ nah sorry, i didn't watch it. But just from what i heard about it. I didn't do it cos i seriously didn't have the guts to do it!! haha. I also wasn't passionate about it, but do it, it's fantastic~ Quite original too:)! I think you need to know what message you're trying to give to the audience through your performance. Like what's your political statement? And how does TVM amplify the point you're trying to make?

Um..personally from having glanced over TVM, i think you'd be looking at styles such as storytelling and sort of standup comedy stuff. It's fully direct addressing of the audience, it's awesome!

Yeh structure's gonna be hard i think...somehow they have to link. Are there any in there which link up thematically?

I studied BRECHT instead of American theatre, and i love it:)! Um, we did No Sugar, 7 Stages and Running up a Dress for Australian theatre. We just did our assessment on the 2 essays last week>__<!

Keep me posted on how your monologue's progressing:)! I'm writing my own, and i'm having difficulty with editting and cutting it down to 8minutes..wish the time limit was longer..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)