The UNSW bus queue at Eddy Ave (1 Viewer)

FeelBare

HSC
Is it going to be that bad every day at Eddy Ave as I've witnessed today? And what are your opinions on cutting the queue?

:santa:

Last edited:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
It will be much, Much, MUCH worse. They'll get the old man and his crowd controllers and the ticket machines there during peak hours of semester, if they weren't there today. Oh, and queue cutters are an absolute nuisance, and in addition loathed by everyone who sees the cutter do the crime.

:santa:

FeelBare

HSC
8:33 was packed, the line stretched right to the end of the first bus stop (approached from the red lights in front of Central station).

Just a warning to anyone thinking they can get away with getting there that late and making it to your lectures/whatever on time. :confused:

Raginsheep

HSC
It gets better as the days go on but yeah, its pretty long especially at the start of the semester. Just avoid it 15 mins before 9:00 always.

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
If it's terribly bad you could just walk 10 mins up Elizabeth st and get one of the 392/394/396/397/399/L94 from the stops along Hyde Park. Or just take your train to Town Hall every day and do the same

HSC
anybody who catches the airport line, get off at green square and catch the bus trip which takes like ten minutes

HSC
my classes are latter in the day 10/11am so whenever i get there the crowd seems reasonable. if you prepay your bus ticket you'll get in faster.

Raginsheep

HSC
If you buy a travel pass, you dun need a bus tickey ;)

ane_st

HSC
Where can you get a travel pass from? Cause apparently people get pissed when you have to pay and hold up the line.. Its not my fault im new :(

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
harlequin38 said:
anybody who catches the airport line, get off at green square and catch the bus trip which takes like ten minutes
Doesn't Green Square have an access fee.. like Domestic/International? So $$++...

karoooh

HSC
ane_st said:
Where can you get a travel pass from? Cause apparently people get pissed when you have to pay and hold up the line.. Its not my fault im new :(
I usually by my traveltens at newsagencies or those master convenient stores. You can buy them at UNSW too.

Raginsheep

HSC
ane_st said:
You can pick up a travel pass at any city rail ticket outlet or machine. Alternatively, any good newsagent will have them too.

FeelBare

HSC
The only thing bad about travelpasses is that they're paper (the more reliable plastic ones are $600+ no concession because there just isn't concession for yearly travelpasses) but other than that, I went:
- home to Central
- Central to UNSW
- UNSW to Central
- Central to Town hall
- Townhall to Central
- Central to home

All for $4.50 a day since my travelpass costs $22.50 and I have five days of uni. =D

stephenchow

HSC
So does the newsagent at UNSW have these travelten tickets?

And does the queue get really short after 9 o clock?

HSC
anything past 9:30 they get pretty empty.. at 3-4pm they start too pack up. i hate those long ass que's which is why i drive, you may all notice me blasting music on anzac pde as i drive past :p

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Dumsum said:
Doesn't Green Square have an access fee.. like Domestic/International? So $$++...
Correct. I hear it's like...$2 every time you go through the turnstiles. Major bummer.

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
Correct. I hear it's like...$2 every time you go through the turnstiles. Major bummer.
i think you can avoid it if you buy a travelpass and make it one of your origins/destinations

gman03

HSC
You generally get on the bus pretty quickly if you arrive on the hour... why because ppl try to get there before the hour.

minimalistik

HSC
Try and be early enough to get on a bus and time it before class. Going through one of the airport stations is a hassle because you have to pay another fee as it isn't managed by CityRail. It's ok to buy a ticket on the bus anyway, everyone who has one is suppose to be on the right side really...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)