• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The University of Sydney Open Day - 25 August (1 Viewer)

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
I once met a USYD douchebag that never heard of Parramatta when I went to USYD open day in my HSC year. It's funny cause USYD is on Parramatta road.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I once met a USYD douchebag that never heard of Parramatta when I went to USYD open day in my HSC year. It's funny cause USYD is on Parramatta road.
I've met a few people that have never had goon. Lol

zxreth

HSC
I can personally say that the insides of PNR, chemical engineering and mechanical engineering are all very much up-to-date. And look really pretty ATM.
The PNR drawing office has about 30-40 desks with space for ~6 people on each with a massive touch screen computer, with and iPad to control laptop access and other nifty stuff.
I can also vouch for this.

Living Moment

HSC
I had always put USYD at the top of my selection, but after yesterday it off the list
Negatives:
1) How you had to walk up 3 set of stairs and though building to get to the other side of campus for train station side
2) Lectures all had old wooden tables and plank; my poor bum felt sore, felt sorry for the bone girl in front of me, kinda felt happy after sitting on train seat, which is a shame
3) I asked the lecture a Q. regarding why my course is 5 years in USYD and only 4 in UNSW and Macq, She could answer the Q. and asked for me to make an appointment with some head of that facility
4) To stingy no freebies or food, heard UTS had a massive B.Q.Q, fair floss, paddle pops and cool glass
5) To focuses in one area e.g. quad, thus leading to crowding and pissed of people

But USYD is an amazing uni, really cool atmosphere and build on the outside and nice ovals. Don't forget really hot Asian girls which kinda saved my day for complete waste. The girls there are really nice and outgoing, managed to get 16 Numbers all Asian ;)

izzy88

HSC
I had always put USYD at the top of my selection, but after yesterday it off the list
Negatives:
1) How you had to walk up 3 set of stairs and though building to get to the other side of campus for train station side
2) Lectures all had old wooden tables and plank; my poor bum felt sore, felt sorry for the bone girl in front of me, kinda felt happy after sitting on train seat, which is a shame
I assume you mean going over the footbridge next to wentworth then on to redfern. You don't have to walk up the stairs - the stairs are there to save you having to wait at the traffic lights to pass the road. But walking across the road (and no stairs) is a completely viable option. :p

Not all the lecture theatres have wooden seats and benches. The Quad and Carslaw tend to - but newer buildings don't eg. law, eastern avenue, commerce buildings (Madsen I think?). Of course you won't know where you will have classes before you start - but particular faculties tend to be held in particular buildings (although there is no hard and fast rule), so you might be able to get some feeling for where your classes might be held.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
1. Agreed, lol i hated that, doing that everyday would be piss fucking annoying
2. Yep - the lecture chairs were all crampy and uncomfortable
3. Doubt these people kno anything about other unis
4. Yes hot dogs were so frikkin expensive and not that great, not many foods at the uni. Should go to Newtown lol GODDAMIT i shud have gone to UTS :(
5. True Dat

Lol i didnt think asian Girls were that great there. One of the lectures i was in was pretty much full of hot white chicks so i was happy :) (i was the only Asian dude) plus the chairs were more comfy probably the best thing that happened in the day. Other than that i still liked the uni and so still on my list but should checkout UNSW.
huh what

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Yeah, pretty much.

Arts students. gotta love 'em.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Negatives:
3) I asked the lecture a Q. regarding why my course is 5 years in USYD and only 4 in UNSW and Macq, She could answer the Q. and asked for me to make an appointment with some head of that facility
4) To stingy no freebies or food, heard UTS had a massive B.Q.Q, fair floss, paddle pops and cool glass
5) To focuses in one area e.g. quad, thus leading to crowding and pissed of people

But USYD is an amazing uni, really cool atmosphere and build on the outside and nice ovals. Don't forget really hot Asian girls which kinda saved my day for complete waste. The girls there are really nice and outgoing, managed to get 16 Numbers all Asian ;)
You obviously haven't seen the flights of stairs at UNSW lol

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
We're both asians who dislike asian girls who deliberately go to Arts Lectures just to perve on the hot Caucasian Arts students. Love it! Story of our life
what

i go to arts lectures because i'm an actual arts student.

but uhh you know... that's nice. you should try talking to them.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I do talk to girls in my lectures...?

That's how I have my English lecture/tute buddies...?

Living Moment

HSC
Actually you have no idea how condescending this sounds...how am i suppose to talk to them when im piss fucking nervous around them.
Look brother I'll let you in on a secret, treat a girl like a friend and u'll be sweet, girls aren’t that scary, they feel confidence and love humour

The best line I use to talk a random girl, no matter if she’s model material or what is just say I swear I seen you before, she laugh and continue the convo simple as that, most importantly believe in yourself, and when you talk don’t eat your words and you'll hit the honey hole in no time.

Living Moment

HSC
Okay meet me at UNSW open day, show me how its done then.
Yep I'll be at there, but noeone can teach you that stuff e.g. can someone teach you how to surive a bear attack? is just one of those things you gotta learn first hand, learn form you f up
and like I said be confident simple

I'll be the some say big middle eastern guy with shades :cool: give a an autograph if you want :p

jason2kool

HSC
I went to the university open day for Notre Dame, UTS and Sydney University and out of those three, Sydney University was definately the worst. The food was incredibly pricey, there wasn't enough student ambassadors, things that sound awesome turned out to be completely lame such as that paint throwing thing and Chocolate Appreciation Society. The Sydney University representatives were rude and when I asked a question about directions, they answered it incorrectly. UTS and Notre Dame actually had students walking around who were very happy to answer any questions I had, and there open days had better catering. I got the impression that Sydney University didn't care about the opening day. Also, I know this isn't Usyd's fault, but the open day attracted the type of people that I wouldn't want to be around. Obnoxious north shore people who whine and whinge all the time, rude people, etc. They may exist at every university, but there were so many of them I had a horrible experience. I did however get a laugh when I read the undergraduate booklet. ''University made me an independent thinker.'' No need to explain why that's hilarious. Looking forward to UNSW next week.
THIS. felt soooo displaced at usyd.
considering writing a creative piece on how I had no sense of belonging there :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)