The University of New South Wales Open Day - Saturday, 1 September (1 Viewer)

planino

HSC
So basically we first enter the Scientia, get our stuff and then head off to any lectures when it's time?

What lectures are you guys attending/what do you all plan to do tomorrow?

There's surprisingly not much action on this thread as I thought there would be. Really excited for tomorrow, but given the rain, not as much as a few hours ago.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
you won't even need to hit scientia in all honesty, you'll be choked with information on the main walkway

regarding lectures, they have their uses but really all your queries and questions should be able to be answered by almost anyone in a stand

HSC
Uni Grad
It should be sunny tomorrow. Checked the weather forecast. Now the weather better not be troll.

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
It should be sunny tomorrow. Checked the weather forecast. Now the weather better not be troll.
*Fingers crossed*. It's kinda funny though when you go out and it's quite sunny, and then a few minutes later when least expected it just pours down rain.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
So basically we first enter the Scientia, get our stuff and then head off to any lectures when it's time?

What lectures are you guys attending/what do you all plan to do tomorrow?

There's surprisingly not much action on this thread as I thought there would be. Really excited for tomorrow, but given the rain, not as much as a few hours ago.
Pretty much.

But there is tons to do - most of the uni will have Open Day activities. So you can theoretically walk around the whole day, there's events on pretty much everywhere.

shannan94

HSC
My second visit to UNSW this year in considering my 2013 studies options, and let me just say they have once again impressed!

HSC
Uni Grad
Not enough freebies. Good advice was given however.

overall, I'd say it's quite average. Good thing was that there was a free BBQ nearby the globe lawn (Pokemon Society was there, and I was hosting the event)

Charlotte00

HSC
It was sooo windy! But it was a really great day, all the students were really nice.

It really confused me though- is free fairyfloss really worth an half hour wait in the freezing wind??

Kieran95

HSC
Not enough freebies. Good advice was given however.

overall, I'd say it's quite average. Good thing was that there was a free BBQ nearby the globe lawn (Pokemon Society was there, and I was hosting the event)
I'm not POV, so i don't rate open days on their ability to hand out free food/drinks.

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
It was sooo windy! But it was a really great day, all the students were really nice.

It really confused me though- is free fairyfloss really worth an half hour wait in the freezing wind??
Nope :D

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
Free 2GB usb and earphones from COFA :D

planino

HSC
Did anybody go to the afternoon advanced science lecture? Hilarious!

Overall, I really had fun today and everybody was extremely helpful and friendly + some super cool stuff in the tents (esp.the materials science stuff). The windy nature of the day had some funny results though :)

Memento-mori

HSC
I went to the open day today and I really liked it. Helpful students and staff, I've never even been to UNSW before and about thirty minutes later, I felt comfortable. Didn't mind the wind or the fairy floss queues :) Freebies was actually impressive, got a new COFA USB. I went to the lecture for Philosphy at 10:10am. Was good. It was a well organised event, had a fantastic time, it was very easy to move around, etc. All faculties represented themselves fantastically, (impressed by Engineering, Art & Media and Science).

Anyway, going there today made me realise the oppurtunities UNSW had. Really, I can pretty much do everything I'm interested in there.

Domsky

HSC
I went to the Open day...it was COOOOOOOOOL and however i didnt see the free bbq?! i was sad haha
but overall unsw was awesome!!! :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)