The UAI!? (1 Viewer)

Johnny G

I'm still unclear on this - my overall assessment marks @ skool were all in the top 15 exept for english - i believe i can do well in my hsc, but is it still possible to achive a uai of above 90 for any student who only did half decently in their asessment??
:uhoh:

Huy

HSC
N/A
"top 15 except for English"

You mean 85% in every subject, besides English?

All mid Band 5's (but English)

Correct?

If so, then yes, it is possible.

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
the marks'll be moderated. but it depends on how ur school does overall - if everybody screws up internal yet blitzes hsc everything'll go up.

Huy

HSC
N/A
It's a team effort now, so tell your friends to lift their game :)

Benno

HSC
lol last year for the Modern History exam (whichi was last in the class for) i done quite well in the exam getting 72 but since i was last my moderated assessment mark was 65 so i got 69

if u ask me thats fucked, of course this year im lookin at +80 :D
(feels sercure in his little fantasy world)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Lexicographer
What about people who completely screwed up all assessments but blitz the external exams?
Originally posted by +:: $i[Q]u3 ::+
the marks'll be moderated. but it depends on how ur school does overall - if everybody screws up internal yet blitzes hsc everything'll go up.
Real world example - me
Usually got 50's for all my assessments in Physics
got 51/100 for my trial HSC...
studied hard and ended up with 84/100 as HSC exam mark, and 79/100 for assesment (since everyone did alrite and I was ranked badly)

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
I find it totally farked that if you do a lot better in the external than internal, your internal mark only goes up if the whole group does well. Why can't they just do it individually???? >: /

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by yenta
I find it totally farked that if you do a lot better in the external than internal, your internal mark only goes up if the whole group does well. Why can't they just do it individually???? >: /
If they did it individually, ranks wouldn't matter nor internal assessments.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
The whole point is that they can tell which school assessments are more or less difficult than others, since they are completely unregulated. By testing student performance across the state on a single exam and comparing it to the school marks they can see this and adjust accordingly. Hence the fairnes of the scheme.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)