13. Hurlstone Agricultural High School
14. Sydney Technical High School
15. Abbotsleigh
16. MLC Burwood
17. Trinity Grammar School
18. Fort Street High School
19. Gosford High School
20. Merewether High School

source: http://www.smh.com.au/news/National/Class-act-HSC-results-best-yet/2004/12/17/1102787279592.html

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
They say each year gets better and better. Isn't that just because the more years the HSC is in, the more past papers, and the more understanding of how the New HSC works the higher marks the candidates get?

It will eventually level out, and the SMH will just be dumbfounded.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
KeypadSDM said:
They say each year gets better and better. Isn't that just because the more years the HSC is in, the more past papers, and the more understanding of how the New HSC works the higher marks the candidates get?

It will eventually level out, and the SMH will just be dumbfounded.
Either that or the Board lowers the standard to get a band 6 each year...

lucyinthehole

hah, sydney girls is still 4th? i fully thought we'd be the dumbass year that brings the ranking down. compared to last year we're terrible: no one even topped anything!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
The Daily Telegraph list is more accurate, as it takes into account the candidature size of each school (merit list mentions as a proportion of HSC students at the school), unlike an aggregate with the SMH.

BillyMak

Silent majority
HSC
My school is just your average public, non-selective and 7/21 people in our physics class got band 6s, that's pretty good hey?

Melkor

woot, sbhs climbing the slippery slopes to success!

but seriously, if it is just an aggregate mark, we have one of the biggest canditatures (i think ~200) in the state, so i wouldnt get too excited we beat schools with 30 people, and totally failed to have an impact on the traditional powerhouses.

HSC
N/A
Minai said:
The Daily Telegraph list is more accurate, as it takes into account the candidature size of each school (merit list mentions as a proportion of HSC students at the school), unlike an aggregate with the SMH.
Hurrah. Because we're 4th on the Daily Telegraph list. :p And 11th on this one... BEHIND our ARCH ENEMY... BARKER COLLEGE...

This will not do at all.

*sharpens stakes*

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
is my school getting dumber and dumber? (STHS) .. .

or is it just me ? :( :(

im scared now ... ._,"

heathrow

The daily telegraph list is more indicitive of the ability of the students. it takes into account the fact that some schools have 20 students doing the hsc and some have several hundred and recognisess that a school with 20 students where all the students do well is a higher achiever than a school with 100 students where 21 students do well. or something like that.

Kelvy

HSC
Bah! I believe SMH! Grammar came 5th in that whereas in telegraph we came 8th! GO GRAMMAR!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)