The Tennis Thread (1 Viewer)

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: The Official Tennis Thread

Fuckin murray, WHY HE BEAT FEDERER???!?!?! I wanted FEDERER to win, as did 77 percent of people in a poll versus 23 percent for murray.
Roger would have lost to Novak anyways.

NO WAY is he going to be alive against Novak after:
5 sets quarter finals with Tsonga
5 sets semi finals with Murray

And he's an old man --> 31.5 years is ancient in tennis...

I like Novak more but I'd prefer Murray to win because Novak will tie Roger's AO count AND have 3 consecutive AOs. (i.e. tieing/setting records)

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC

She was about to choke but decided to take a MTO on Stephen's serve to ruin Steph's momentum.

Li Na took MTOs in the final but at least they were legit... not ''psychological oh no im going to choke and lose this match'' MTOs.

Fuarkin Azarenka.

She also cried after WINNING the finals. How bad would Li Na, the runner-up, have felt? Li Na didn't shed a single tear during the ceremony and after the match. She was smiling afterwards.... and in her press conference interviews after the match...

Geezus if you win, just stfu. The runner-up is meant to cry.
Mate. Federer cried when he won one year and also cried when he lost before lol.

Last edited:

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

Mate. Federer cried when he won one year and also cried when he lost the year before lol.
But when Roger wins, you can barely see tears.

Azarenka's tears were POURING out. Crying overload.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC

Given that she is a girl who kept getting jeered by the crowd and the media, I wouldn't blame her. At least she composed herself for the ceremony. Roger was a grown man crying during the ceremony.

Last edited:

Madridismo

HSC

Federer seemed exhausted in fifth set. (apparently, first time he had 2 consecutive 5 setters)
Murray played better though.
Fed against top players, he usually makes a comeback e.g. 2008 Wimbledon against rafa (down first two sets, wins 2rd and 4th). But then just loses. fml.

I want to see andy roddick back for some reason.
Me too, he was a fantastic server, and he was always full of flair and he was able to spread all of it and even his fights with the umpires and racket smashes xD
In one of the AO he participated he was so furious with the umpire he question whether they've been to school and he than screamed out something along the lines of "Kids, don't become an umpire" :p It's on youtube but he was so berating.

Really hope Novak wins tomorrow night.. can't stand Murray
When I went to Melbourne and watched the final in 2011, Murray played badly and just embarrassed himself and his family.
I was sitting a few seats away from his mother, and when he kept on losing more and more points he would scream, shout and swear.
Yet when his Mother encouraged him and said its okay and that he still had a chance, he'd scream at her and yell at her disrespectfully saying stuff along the lines of "NO ITS F**KING NOT!"
I didn't dislike Murray then, but since that episode of watching his unsportsmanlike behaviour and rude manner, I dislike the man.
He's too much of a perfectionist in matches and if he loses a point based on error, he'll lose it.

Anyway, I hope it is 5 sets and a close one with Novak edging in front. Just to piss Murray off more.
Novak deserves it over Murray.
Every sport needs an athlete like that, like how boring would it be if there was no swearing and fights in tennis? :sleep:
Yeah he gets furious at himself and than just blasts it at other directions, but him and his mother have a good relationship, especially since Murray witnessed a massacre at his school.
Novak FTW - He has 99 stamina.

31.5 years in any sport isn't that ancient but his nearing retirement in a few years but his age does affect his lack of stamina which is disappointing :/

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC

Every sport needs an athlete like that, like how boring would it be if there was no swearing and fights in tennis? :sleep:
Exactly! I LOVE the player dummy spits. They're so funny and remind you that they are human.

teabag

do it
HSC

yeah how dare someone be proud/overwhelmed/relieved from winning

how dare she

Madridismo

HSC

Exactly! I LOVE the player dummy spits. They're so funny and remind you that they are human.
It's why tennis has surged in popularity. Just look at the top 4-5 players and their completely different characterstics.
Djokovic - The Joker, always making jokes even in significant matches but it's fun watching him swear at the crowd as well, even though his the one that's gets them started.
Nadal - His unwedging of the wedgie haha and his OCD behaviour, which went viral on youtube when he told a ball boy not to touch the bottles.
Murray - The way he just swears at himself and out loud too!
Federer - The quietest of them all (in terms of grunting) but he can do some cool things than can put the young whippersnappers back in place but it's sad watching him near retirement.

This is why people all around the world love to see these 4 play one another, though it would be better if Murray became more consistent lol

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

was going to watch the final tonight

but there's no federer

acemusic415

HSC

She was about to choke but decided to take a MTO on Stephen's serve to ruin Steph's momentum.

Li Na took MTOs in the final but at least they were legit... not ''psychological oh no im going to choke and lose this match'' MTOs.

Fuarkin Azarenka.

She also cried after WINNING the finals. How bad would Li Na, the runner-up, have felt? Li Na didn't shed a single tear during the ceremony and after the match. She was smiling afterwards.... and in her press conference interviews after the match...

Geezus if you win, just stfu. The runner-up is meant to cry.
I disagree. The media took it out of proportion and chose to spin the story, for the sake of attention. Every article on the "controversy" omitted the fact that she did injure herself at the beginning of the second set and chose to carry on through the pain (much like the quarter finals match with Serena Williams). When she realised she couldn't close the match with her shots being conspicuously off balance and out of sorts, she chose to take a medical time out. The media chose to emphasise that she took one, because she felt like it (and was choking) and she was fabricating an injury, when in fact, she was notably distraught at the beginning of the set (where she hurt herself in the midst of a rally).

It pisses me off to see everyone jumping on the "I think Vicka Azarenka is a cheat" bandwagon, when half the folks criticising barely watched the match, let alone make a judgment. She didn't do anything wrong, although the medical timeout was untimely. Having said that, if the physio and umpire approved, I don't see anything wrong with what she did.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

Given that she is a girl who kept getting jeered by the crowd and the media, I wouldn't blame her. At least she composed herself for the ceremony. Roger was a grown man crying during the ceremony.
AO2009 - Much was at stake. He was about to beat tie Sampras' record of 14 slams then and got rejected by Nadal (the guy who's caused him to suffer so many FO and slam defeats)

Yes, he did win slams afterwards to get to 17 and surpass Sampras BUT in tennis, you never know if you're going to win slams ever again. That's why there's 1 slam wonders out there.

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A

I disagree. The media took it out of proportion and chose to spin the story, for the sake of attention. Every article on the "controversy" omitted the fact that she did injure herself at the beginning of the second set and chose to carry on through the pain (much like the quarter finals match with Serena Williams). When she realised she couldn't close the match with her shots being conspicuously off balance and out of sorts, she chose to take a medical time out. The media chose to emphasise that she took one, because she felt like it (and was choking) and she was fabricating an injury, when in fact, she was notably distraught at the beginning of the set (where she hurt herself in the midst of a rally).

It pisses me off to see everyone jumping on the "I think Vicka Azarenka is a cheat" bandwagon, when half the folks criticising barely watched the match, let alone make a judgment. She didn't do anything wrong, although the medical timeout was untimely. Having said that, if the physio and umpire approved, I don't see anything wrong with what she did.
I watched the match. Did not need the medical timeout, had a psychological breakdown after she got broken, cut the bullshit man.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

Me too, he was a fantastic server, and he was always full of flair and he was able to spread all of it and even his fights with the umpires and racket smashes xD
In one of the AO he participated he was so furious with the umpire he question whether they've been to school and he than screamed out something along the lines of "Kids, don't become an umpire" :p It's on youtube but he was so berating.

Yeah he gets furious at himself and than just blasts it at other directions, but him and his mother have a good relationship, especially since Murray witnessed a massacre at his school.
Novak FTW - He has 99 stamina.

31.5 years in any sport isn't that ancient but his nearing retirement in a few years but his age does affect his lack of stamina which is disappointing :/
Roddick was like Roger's favourite opponent. I mean 21 - 3 H2H - in advantage of Roger.

well at 30 years+, Sampras was getting owned by people like George Bastl (????) and baby Roger who was only 19 years. Only people I've seen who defied their age (when 30+) and still have somewhat of good runs:
- Ivan Lendl, Agassi, Jimmy Connors, Roger Federer. 40 years old connors made it to USO semis.....

It's why tennis has surged in popularity. Just look at the top 4-5 players and their completely different characterstics.
Djokovic - The Joker, always making jokes even in significant matches but it's fun watching him swear at the crowd as well, even though his the one that's gets them started.
Nadal - His unwedging of the wedgie haha and his OCD behaviour, which went viral on youtube when he told a ball boy not to touch the bottles.
Murray - The way he just swears at himself and out loud too!
Federer - The quietest of them all (in terms of grunting) but he can do some cool things than can put the young whippersnappers back in place but it's sad watching him near retirement.

This is why people all around the world love to see these 4 play one another, though it would be better if Murray became more consistent lol
Murray is actually more consistent than Roger nowadays. Roger is more vulnerable to quarter final exits to people like Tsonga (see Wimby 2011) and Berdych (see Wimby 2010 and USO2012) than Murray. Consistency - Murray and Novak are up there.

Nadal WAS consistent until he got owned by Rosol at Wimby12.

Well, in the interviews, iirc she did admit having some ''nerves''.

Meh, fack the WTA... the mens game is more important.

Madridismo

HSC

I really want Tsonga to join the top 4, well make it 5. His skilled and very athletic!

Yeah there is no denying that Rodger is starting to lose his touch but his still a wonder to watch. I do hope he gets 3 more GS but that's very unlikely!

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

Yeah but it's... Andy Murray!
Did you not see the 2012 semis between Murray and Novak?

It was just as epic as the 2012 finals between Rafa and Novak except finals = more hyped.

But I hate the match-up between Murray and Novak. They're both defenders so expect more grinding then blasting winners everywhere. \

More about stamina/physical prowess between those 2 rather than tennis skills.

The highest quality match in the AO I've seen for years = Wawrinka vs Novak 4th round 2013.

2009 finals was good BUT Roger choked against Nadal so yeah... like always...

2008 semis between Tsonga and Rafa... Tsonga was in godmode....

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

I'm not as much of a Tennis fanatic as you are, Rivalry!

I watch more women's matches than men's matches though because I know more of the women's players plus their games are shorter, and the men's players... I know less of them and they go on for hours and I'm too busy to watch it all out.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

I really want Tsonga to join the top 4, well make it 5. His skilled and very athletic!

Yeah there is no denying that Rodger is starting to lose his touch but his still a wonder to watch. I do hope he gets 3 more GS but that's very unlikely!
I'm satisfied with Roger at this point of his career. Last year, all I wanted was that he would win Wimbledon for the 7th time (tieing sampras) and surpass Sampras at weeks at no.1

He didn't get the gold medal but SILVER is good enough. If he were to retire now, I'd be happy wif him. (Hopefully, he can still go to 2016 rio olympics like he plans to though)

Losing a 5 setter in AO semis to a guy 5 or so years younger than him (we're talking about Murray the wimby 2012 finalist, gold medalist, USO12 champion here and is at his ULTIMATE PEAK) is still fukin gr8 for a guy who is 31.5 years old. At this point in time, if he were to win a slam or two, his best chances is at USO and Wimby. But Novak/Andy is a big threat at USO and Andy is now a big threat at Wimby/ on grass.

and I agree with your tsonga comment. Very athletic and blasts good winners at times. Is good at the NET AND at the BASELINE. I hope Tsonga wins a slam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)