'The Tempest' (1 Viewer)

*Pooja*

:wave: howdy every1 !

4 every1 doing tempest:

there's sum ppl that r going 2 perform 'the tempest' play at parramatta riverside theatre. ..um it says lennox theatre or sumthing though...

go to http://www.riversideparramatta.com.au/whatson/whatson.asp to find out exactly about this. they have this little bit of info on it.

i reckon it will be really good, seeing the play cum 2 life. it'll probably cause ppl 2 like the text more and 'appreciate' it (which is what my teachers hav been trying 2 do and which i havent exactly truly done).

i dunno if its going 2 be good or not but worth going, i think. teachers at my skool recommended it. :uhhuh:

yeah, that's all... :D

Last edited:

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
its crap.. ive read a couple of reviews in the paper and they say it was crap as well.. especially the fact it was outside and u could hear sirens.. though its not as bad as their king lear performance
damn globe shakespeare..
i thought it finished at riverside and its in bondi or something now.. but yeh most ppl were forced to go to it with their grade already

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
mm indeedy i heard the productions from riverside are all crap and the one in bondi was the best. Im going to see the Tempest production at night soon though :) school's policy now that they cant take us to any more excurions..

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
i went to the one at parra riverside with the globe threatre..
it was an okay production, but the stupid thing was that it was TOO FRIGGIN cold to enjoy the play.

capsicum

HSC
Originally posted by dark`secrets
but the stupid thing was that it was TOO FRIGGIN cold to enjoy the play.
when did you go? cuz we're going in a couple of weeks and im guessing it'll be colder then.
and we also get to see "Away" at the Wharf Theatre on the same week! I wonder if that'll be good?

persephone

HSC
i saw the tempest at parramatta, waste of money and time. It got crap reviews. No help whatsoever. Still hate the tempest!

KfWang

kimmeh said:
i saw it too about three weeks ago. i must say the tempest is one of shakespeare's worst plays. i bought the program just out of curiuosity. some of the actors couldnt act for peanuts.

i though Caliban was sexy ;) hahaha lol, it wasnt all that bad... Prospero was a monotoned dickhead though... and yuh it was ok i reckon... good to get out of the house and spend some time with mates

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
kimmeh, you saw this production by shakespeare globe?

*Pooja*

i liked it though!!!!!! caliban's and ariel's acting were the only good ones.
prospero - sucked totally, i expected more life and power to just spring out in his speech
miranda - a lost case and nut
ferdinand - lets just say that he was...gay?
i thought the way caliban guy could stand in his posture he was in for so long. (the rude bits werent good coz they were rude)
it was good only with ariel and caliban. everything else seemed to be on the downs...

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
kimmeh said:
umm the company that put on the play? i dont think it was shakespeare globe, but "the actors college of tv" or some sort, other than that, i dont know what you mean :confused:
the company who did the production.
well we watched the one by shakespeare globe.

persephone

HSC
OMG! You saw his g-string too! Wasn't that so nightmarish! Everytime he came ontot the stage I had to avert my eyes so I couldn't see through his see through skirt! And wasn't Ariel just so gay? He shaved his armpits!

KfWang

persephone said:
OMG! You saw his g-string too! Wasn't that so nightmarish! Everytime he came ontot the stage I had to avert my eyes so I couldn't see through his see through skirt! And wasn't Ariel just so gay? He shaved his armpits!

lol admit it!! you loved it hehe i know i did lol
and our aerial wasnt a guy.. it was a chick dressed up in a cat costume

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)