The Tempest prescribed text and related text help! (1 Viewer)

braeleymaunder

HSC
Firstly, how would I structure an essay that explores how the concept of discovery is shaped in, and through texts, in comparison to three related texts.

Would it be something like this:
p1: describe the selected text, briefly outline the plot and identify the concept of discovery used in the selected text.
p2: fully outline the plot, exploring the techniques used in the selected text and analyse the concept of discovery in the selected text.
p3, 4 & 5: compare and contrast the selected text to the remaining 3 text's, identifying different techniques used in the various texts, outlining the similarities and differences from the selected text and the remaining 3 text's.

Should I repeat the structure for each text?

Secondly, I've chosen 'The Breakfast Club' and 'Titanic' as two related texts for 'The Tempest', are these good choices? Do you have any other suggestions? Do you have any material that may be of great use to me?

Finally, I'm trying to aim for a high mark (min. of 20/25) as this is worth something like 25% of my internal HSC mark so if you have ANY criticism, help or suggestions please tell me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)