The Super Smash Brothers Thread (1 Viewer)

KyleandError

HSC
Super Smash Brothers Brawl comes out Dec. 3 in the U.S. for the Wii.
So here is the general information so far:

Newcomers:

Pit (Kid Icarus)
Ike (Fire Emblem)
Wario
Zero Suit Samus (Metroid)
Pokemon Trainer (Pokemon)
(5)

Veterans:
Mario
Link (tLoZ)
Kirby
Pikachu (Pokemon)
Fox (Starfox/Lylat Wars)
Samus Aran (Metroid)
Zelda (tLoZ)
Bowser (Mario)
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
(10)

Not on the website but confirmed in video:
Solid Snake (Metal Gear) (Third Party)
Metaknight (Kirby)
Peach (Mario)
(3)

Total Confirmed 18

Did I miss any?

There will be a total of 40 characters in the game so that leaves a lot more to be unveiled, some of course will be left a secret until the game ships.

There will be another 1 or 2 third party characters on top of snake as well, the most rumoured one is Sonic the Hedgehog, but we'll have to wait to see.

Now it's your turn,
Who do you want to see in SSBB and why? (Characters must originate from video games, preferably nintendo)

Check out the Super Smash Brothers Dojo website at http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/index.html

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/yoshi.html

Last edited:

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
Where'd you get the idea that there are going to be 40 chars in the game? And three more third party chars? Got any links?

I heard Ridley from the Metroid series, which would be pretty bitching as there is a need for more Metroid characters. Would love to see Sonic even though he's gone waaay downhill since the jump to 3D.

Probably would be a long shot since he'd be regarded a third party character, but I'd love to see Megaman in there, seeing as he's got strong roots on the original NES as well as a multitude of releases from the X and main Japanese series on the SNES. And Zero too, maybe.

Snake may have that first Metal Gear game on the NES, but seriously now, who gives sod all about that game? But err regardless, good to see him in the mix!

KyleandError

HSC
Edited, lol thanks.
I thought I read the 40 characters thing on wikipedia, but after looking again, it's not there.
It seems generally accepted by people on various forums. Maybe just getting their hopes up?

(enigma)

no soup for you
HSC
youre missing peach on your list (shes been in a couple videos).

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I am the king of Kirby when it comes to playing the rom of the first SSB, so because I'm boring, I'm looking forward to playing with him(?).

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
I don't know if anyone knows, or just plain doesn't care (guessing the latter) but the roster of composers working on the music in the game is really fucking great. Ridiculously great, actually

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/music/music01.html

Mitsuda (Chrono Trigger) , Kondo (Super Mario Bros/Legend of Zelda), Yamamoto (Metroid), it goes on and on. I also remember hearing that Nobuo Uematsu (who worked on the classic Final Fantasy series) was working on the game too, wonder if he's still working on it?

HSC
I've been waiting for this game for 6 years. :'(

I don't want the American players to get too much of a headstart on me.. I hope it's released before Christmas this year for us. :p

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
veloc1ty said:
I've been waiting for this game for 6 years. :'(

I don't want the American players to get too much of a headstart on me.. I hope it's released before Christmas this year for us. :p
6 years? :confused:

HSC
ssejamafone said:
Ever since SSBM. D:

Oh, and to the OP: Peach was confirmed on the official site a couple of days ago.

Last edited:

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
yeeesss diddy kong yeeeeessss thousandth post

Does Diddy count as a third party char seeing as he was made by Rare? Or was he, not too sure to be honest.

Maybe now Conker or Banjo?

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Super Smash Brothers is one of the shittest games I've ever had the misfortune of watching. It's little more than controlled chaos.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
You have to be skilled to control the chaos.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
runtlocks said:
yeeesss diddy kong yeeeeessss thousandth post

Does Diddy count as a third party char seeing as he was made by Rare? Or was he, not too sure to be honest.

Maybe now Conker or Banjo?
Since Nintendo invented Donkey Kong they kept all rights and related stuff to the series I think, if not feel free to correct me someone.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:
Super Smash Brothers is one of the shittest games I've ever had the misfortune of watching. It's little more than controlled chaos.
lololololololololol you are incredibly shit

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
ObjectsInSpace said:
lol wtf

But seriously, you've got to be shitting me. Smash Brothers is one of the greatest human achievements of all time, up there with landing on the moon and Hercules: The Legendary Journeys.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
ObjectsInSpace said:
Its ok, your opinion means very little to anyone but you and your mum.:wave:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)