the stupidest classwork you have ever been assigned (1 Viewer)

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
in my HSC english advanced class at a selective high school ranked 20th in the state, our teacher has assigned us the task of taking home a wooden peg each, which we can then dress and accessorise however we like to form any form of creature. we are then to bring it to class and compare who had the most interesting idea for dressing their peg.

we all sat looking at my teacher, our urge to burst out in hysterical laughter held back by the disturbing possibility that he was serious.

what are some of the stupidest things you have been asked to do in a HSC class?

-tal-

HSC
I drew faces on 2 raw eggs, gave them hair, clothes, make up, arms, legs and beds and named them "Sunny" and "Side Up"

And the person whose eggs died (cracked) first, lost.

Bainesy

HSC
had to colour in pictures and make title pages for several years until midway through high school

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
ouch. at least our high school had the perspective to realised title pages and other book formatting specifications are a waste of student and teacher time/effort.

i remember in economics we were also asked to build a house of cards, to "teach us the principles of economic support"

valuable lesson, the cards on the bottom provided the support for the cards on the top! i am so glad we spent 80 minutes of a HSC period establishing that.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
I drew faces on 2 raw eggs, gave them hair, clothes, make up, arms, legs and beds and named them "Sunny" and "Side Up"

And the person whose eggs died (cracked) first, lost.
i remember doing that in primary school ha

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
had to colour in pictures and make title pages for several years until midway through high school
I wasted my life doing just that for several years. Now all the pretty pages are in the bin. :spzz:

nugget01

HSC
i received a commendation from my maths teacher for having the most colourful and imaginative title page in the class.

btw, a drama logbook is pretty much doing title pages and blabbing on about useless crap. we had to do that every second lesson in drama!

Madz_B

HSC
one of the weirdest things i've ever done in school was sit in Chemistry and watch a candle burn...

a couple people from our class got a bit carried away with the matches and fire!!!!

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
I don't have to do titles pages this year YAY!

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
in anc his we had an assignment that was pretty much questions covering the whole syllabus
it was fucking huge - i wrote about 40 pages

it was out of 10 marks lol *die*

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
in anc his we had an assignment that was pretty much questions covering the whole syllabus
it was fucking huge - i wrote about 40 pages

it was out of 10 marks lol *die*

:jaw: that should have been out of 100 :(
with a weighting of 50% towards your yearly report... grrrr

Jehuty

HSC
I think it was the first English lesson of the year, my teacher had the class come up with as much racial slurs as possible. I think we took 20 minutes and ended up completely filling the whiteboard. The purpose was to show how prevalent racism/prejudice was in society (we're studying "To Kill a Mockingbird" for the first term).

Yeah...

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
in my HSC english advanced class at a selective high school ranked 20th in the state, our teacher has assigned us the task of taking home a wooden peg each, which we can then dress and accessorise however we like to form any form of creature. we are then to bring it to class and compare who had the most interesting idea for dressing their peg.

we all sat looking at my teacher, our urge to burst out in hysterical laughter held back by the disturbing possibility that he was serious.

what are some of the stupidest things you have been asked to do in a HSC class?
which teacher?

Cleevaz

HSC
A guy pretended the door was jammed when there was someone at the door and the teacher told him to let him in, he opened the door after 5 mins and the teacher made him write a 3 pages essay on doors and locks and how they work LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)