The Student Centre (1 Viewer)

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Ah yes, there's nothing I love more than jumping through hoops and getting tangled up in red tape for hours at a time when I'm going to the student centre. You would think that they'd know just about everything there is to know about changing courses, but once again my faith has been misplaced.

So I'm looking to change my degree. Nothing too major, just go from a Business/Economics to a Business/Arts. I do have a few very specific questions regarding my major in both halves of the degree - I'm looking to do Accounting, Marketing or International Business on the Business Side of the degree and Communication Studies on the Arts component - but the Student Centre wasn't sure. Fine, I can deal with that. They're technical questions anyway regarding what I can and can't do.

I get forwarded onto someone in my faculty, who, while helpful, can't tell me exactly what I need to know and forwards me on to another staff member. Who also can't help me. So I get the name and number of someone in the Arts faculty ... but those Arts people are never at their desks. I go back to the Student Centre and get the same name as I did the first time.

Apparently, there's no-one who can tell me if I can study my chosen majors in each field at the same time. I just want to know if I can do Professional Writing subjects in Arts since I'll be majoring in Communication Studies, but these people neither know if I can or who I can to help me out. Sorry, just needed to vent ... anyone else had experiences with the Student Centre?

Student Centre. Grrr.

machine169

Anchorman
HSC
I have had many enocunters with them. I am doing the international economy and e-commerce as my commerce majors and e-commerce is now called e-business and doesn't exist anymore, i had to do arts units to finish my major but the people the year behind me were screwed over. They changed the whole law system so now people are either described as being either on the new or old system, so now I have to do 5 units in a semester or do a summer school somewhere along the lines, which is fine except sometimes they are very uncooperative in letting you do 5 subjects. It was much running from Ebl to Student Centre and back. I doubt becoming centralised made the system any better.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Something to put to our fearless Student Represenative when s/he gets elected, methinks. And I know all three of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)