The so called "Aussie Battler" - Who is he? (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Im always hearing about this so called Battler that lives amongst us. There is no doubt that there are Australians out their who are finding it hard to put food on the table, but my god the fucking Aussie Battler is starting to sound more like the bogan white trash from mount druit who cant afford a new 65" plasma because the interest rates went up by 25 basis point.

Kevin Rudd always talks about the "battler" the cunt is a clear cut elitist. Just want to know who is he really talking about and who the fuck is this battler?

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
The Man from Snowy River. Ya know dem white orzie pohms written by dem white fellas such as Banjo Paterson.

HSC
N/A
he is somewhere in this image!

but nah seriously the phrase annoys me as well. pretty broad in scope and hence meaningless, but it worked well with the electorate with howard.

aussie-boy

HSC
He hardly ever uses this term - it's now all about "working families"

I have no sympathy for them: they get FTB A and B, their kids get YA and they're eligible for a whole range of means tested benefits from the baby bonus to free solar panels

I'd conclude that there are 2 real classes of "Aussie battlers":

*International students in the trade industry without rich parents, forced to survive on 20hrs work/week and denied access to medicare. Working in the hospitality industry, it really pains me to see all these incredibly hard workers doing it tough. If Australia is going to offer them a place to live for 3 years, it needs to also offer them the capability to live like an Australian (judged independently of any external funding sources they may have)

*Students not eligible for YA whose parents choose not to financially support them and believe that leaving home means fending for yourself

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)