The red tree (1 Viewer)

miss_pinkii

HSC
Harlo

I'm doing 'the red tree' for my related text.

does anyone have any ideas about what it says about imaginative journeys?

any help would be immensely appreciated !!!

thaanx

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
wow.

my teacher gave us some notes on The red tree as well. although; it was mainly for inner journeys.

i'm not sure if i can really help u with that question. sorry;

i'll see if i can re-arrange the notes i have to fit ur criteria ...

Soos

HSC
heyy..
i was going to do the red tree too and i came on 4 help ...
but now that ive read the posts it is really more an inner journey.
However the pictures in the book take the reader on an imaginative journey. The pictures represent what she is feeling... i might try and manipulate it to make it an imaginative journey. The more i think about it, it can be considered imaginative as the narrator says "the world is a deaf machine" this is a metaphor which describes what she is thinking. She is imagining the world being a deaf machine.
Also its imaginative when the tree grows out of the middle of nowhere in her bedroom at the end of the story.
I'm really not sure ... thats just my own interpretation! Any help would be great

Addictd2

HSC
My teacher gave us the red tree as a related test for imaginative journeys for COleridge.

ummm to my understanding it is imaginative because the images depict what the girl sees the world as through the use of her imagination. her imagination creates images of the sea and ships in one of the frames to represent her troubles all "washing" in at once. her imagination is also responsible for creating an image of a colourful sunset with some flying contraption in another frame. this is obviously her imagination as these "things" dont simply float around everywhere.

I guess this could also be inner as it is her inner struggle to fit in and make sense of the world as she grows up, but with that imagination is also part of your inner self if you get what i mean. my teacher always said texts usually always overlap and its up to you to see if it fits well.

Um if anyone has any notes it woudl be great if you could post it up or send it to me. and if anyone has any ideas how to link it to Coleridge. Cheers

jayneypoops

HSC
The words of the text aren't so much the focus of the book. The pictures reflect the isolation the persona is feeling, and the leaf found on each page may represent a fragment of hope that she is feeling. I think this text is a really good piece of related material for Imaginative Journeys..
It's quite hard to find related material, especially since its arguable that everything is an "imaginative journey!"

Good Luck! :D

Addictd2

HSC
Um I just thought about it... when you look at the frames ask yourself

What colours are used? How does it reflect moods or attitudes? dark grays and blues maybe give a sorrow, sad feel, while the red leaf is bright and symbolises life, prosperity etc.

Lines. are the straight and create angles? this would create a harsh .... um cant think of the word. organic curved lines will bring a sense of flow and peace.

Structure of the composition. focus points, lines of sight, wats in the foreground and background.

Use of images to symbolise ideas like when shes in the bottle with the helmet on because no one hears or sees her struggle. the bottle is no where near the sea so theres no chance of anyone knowing how she feels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)