The Rebel Billionaire: Branson's Quest for the Best (1 Viewer)

pungpui

HSC
Any1 know what this is?? Sounds like a rip off of The Apprentice...well Sir Richard Branson is a much more likable person than fuckin Trump!

Neways make this the official post.

Last edited:

Kazuya

keio 最高
HSC
All i know is that the contestants have to do all these challenging tasks, but the twist is that Branson has to as well. The prize is a place in Virgin somewhere I suppose.

It's only just started in the US but apparently it didn't fare too well in the ratings department...

pungpui

HSC
Kazuya said:
It's only just started in the US but apparently it didn't fare too well in the ratings department...
Thats prolly coz the bloody yanks r too patriotic...songs about 'god save america'!?! PULEASE!

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
pungpui said:
Thats prolly coz the bloody yanks r too patriotic...songs about 'god save america'!?! PULEASE!
seriously the US tv network environment is extremely competitive, this show is very badly produced and isnt very well structured. Viewers would have been turned off within 5 mins and switched on to some of the other 6 free to air networks.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
lol it started tonight 9:30 - 11:15

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
I watched it and it wasn't the best. It was clearly just a copy of The Apprentice with a few changes, so I got pretty bored. It was funny when they ripped of Donald Trump at the start though. I also thought it was Richard Branson driving the Taxi. The winner gets to be the President of the Virgin Company. Does anyone else think that is a little bit over the top, completely taking over Branson's role:eek:!

Last edited:

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
OK, this had a mix of weird:

1) Branson plans to hand over the "key" to his empire. I mean WTF?? Surely this isn't true ...
2) Show setup:
- 2 teams: men vs women
- leader sex swam (from Apprentice 2)
- each week in new country
3) Show layout:
- Business Challenge, very Apprentice-esq
- Losing teams leader picks a team member to enter an "Elimination Challenge"
- Elimination Challenge, like something out of your worst nightmare, think "Fear Factor" on crack.

I found this highly bizzare. Now I am hooked :D

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
McLake said:
OK, this had a mix of weird:

1) Branson plans to hand over the "key" to his empire. I mean WTF?? Surely this isn't true ...
2) Show setup:
- 2 teams: men vs women
- each week in new country
3) Show layout:
- Business Challenge, very Apprentice-esq
- Losing teams leader picks a team member to enter an "Elimination Challenge"
- Elimination Challenge, like something out of your worst nightmare, think "Fear Factor" on crack.

I found this highly bizzare. Now I am hooked :D

hmm.... i didn't like fear factor

you mean 'swap' right?

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
jm1234567890 said:
hmm.... i didn't like fear factor

you mean 'swap' right?
I think that is what he means. Branson split them into two groups (a male and female group) and then got them to choose a leader each. Then the leaders swapped teams:).

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i liked it

the handing over the president key is a little strange, i don't understand that bit, he's not going to give it away, also they ay it's a $1mil wage, so i think it's more a quest for an outgoing entrepreneur and the winner wins a mil.

pungpui

HSC
that was a really bizarre show...but yea far too much like the apprentice...

my question is....WHY DO THEY PERSIST TO USE AMERICANS AS CONTESTANTS!?! the least i would ave expected is that contestants are pommes or a mix from various countries...

and whats with the weirdo tasks?? How does crossing between 2 balloons 10 000 feet above the ground show your an entrepreneur?!? And then proving yourself to be more entrepreneurial by having a tea party on top of a hot air balloon!?!

just as a little thing i noticed...they got some dodgy film editors...@ the very last part when the blonde who chickened out watched the aircraft:
1) the aircraft they actually board is an Airbus A340-600...characterised by a single, very long deck and with 4 engines....
2) the shot of it taking off from the runway is a black aircraft (not virgin)
3) and the airshot is of a Virgin Boeing 747-400 jumbo...characterised by a hump and 4 engines...not as long...

i guess they try and put anything in to get the show finished, not realising that people do pick these things out (although...yea...i'm a weirdo!)

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
pungpui said:
and whats with the weirdo tasks?? How does crossing between 2 balloons 10 000 feet above the ground show your an entrepreneur?!? And then proving yourself to be more entrepreneurial by having a tea party on top of a hot air balloon!?!
well, richard branson does some pretty crazy things

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Argonaut said:
I don't know how serious this is - whoever wins gets Virgin. Branson is looking for a successor. But why wasn't it mentioned before now? Whenever Branson does something outrageous (cross the Channel, go into space, etc) the world usually takes notice. So why is this the first we've heard of it?
i want one of those BMW car/boats he used to cross the channel :(

bex

HSC
those tasks were so scary.. my palms were sweating through the whole hot air balloon caper! i like the way that its set in a different country.. does anyone else think it strange that the guys team just stumbled upon those special pillows in a 24hr period in HONG KONG!? i dunno.. once again the girls teams are shit cause noone can cooperate. Girls make great leaders but are too opinionated to form great teams. i know. i am one.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
pungpui said:
my question is....WHY DO THEY PERSIST TO USE AMERICANS AS CONTESTANTS!?! the least i would ave expected is that contestants are pommes or a mix from various countries...
Yes. Branson is english, why are no contestants english???

pungpui said:
Well based of episode 2, they will have 1 business task, and then 1 elimantation super-freaky challenge task.

pungpui said:
just as a little thing i noticed...they got some dodgy film editors...@ the very last part when the blonde who chickened out watched the aircraft:
1) the aircraft they actually board is an Airbus A340-600...characterised by a single, very long deck and with 4 engines....
2) the shot of it taking off from the runway is a black aircraft (not virgin)
3) and the airshot is of a Virgin Boeing 747-400 jumbo...characterised by a hump and 4 engines...not as long...

i guess they try and put anything in to get the show finished, not realising that people do pick these things out (although...yea...i'm a weirdo!)
I was wondering what they were going to do about countries virign atlantic doesn't fly to (and therefore does not have permission to land in). Seems like they fake it ...

pungpui

HSC
i do remember branson saying something about the tasks and challenges getting harder....HARDER!?! WTF!?!

in regards to him handing over his 'fortune'...i reckon its a jip...as if you would do that!?! Its prolly a 'president' or 'ceo' title to head a board or something...ultimately bransons still gonna run virgin n get the profits for it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)