"The Real Cancun"! (1 Viewer)

crazyhobo

Originally posted by Egg_666
haha.... so stupid...

but seriously whats the difference between a reality show (a filming of real people under particular conditions) and a show like say "secret life of us" (trying to mimic reality)

if anything the reality show should be more interesting (to anyone who likes that crap)
So...basically a show is crap because your little brain gets confused between what is real and what is not? And why did you even bring this up? It has nothing to do with the topic. Seems to me like you got some serious issues.

Egg_666

Originally posted by crazyhobo
So...basically a show is crap because your little brain gets confused between what is real and what is not? And why did you even bring this up? It has nothing to do with the topic. Seems to me like you got some serious issues.
haha genius... the little brain and everything...

the topic is the "real cancun" (representing reality tv) ... and i am trying to discuss your sarcastic comments aimed at saying reality tv shows suck...

i am confused... thats true

confused about why something that is fake and poorly acted can be better than something real...

dont get me wrong i dont like reality tv shows... at all...

i just dont see the difference... care to enlighten me.. or keep up with your witty insults?

crazyhobo

haha genius... the little brain and everything...

the topic is the "real cancun" (representing reality tv) ... and i am trying to discuss your sarcastic comments aimed at saying reality tv shows suck...

i am confused... thats true

confused about why something that is fake and poorly acted can be better than something real...

dont get me wrong i dont like reality tv shows... at all...

i just dont see the difference... care to enlighten me.. or keep up with your witty insults?
When did I ever say that reality tv shows suck? I was saying that praising this movie for having a 'great' and 'different' concept was stupid. You can like the movie if you want, but at least do it for the right reason.

And I don't understand what point you are trying to get at. You say that you hate reality tv shows, yet you also hate tv shows that are not real because they are trying to be real. That doesn't make any sense to me. So what do you like?

Egg_666

When did I ever say that reality tv shows suck? I was saying that praising this movie for having a 'great' and 'different' concept was stupid.
i cant argue with that... it must have been other knowledge of you not liking reality tv

And I don't understand what point you are trying to get at. You say that you hate reality tv shows, yet you also hate tv shows that are not real because they are trying to be real. That doesn't make any sense to me. So what do you like?
i was talking about it in terms of character based tv shows that try to have characters with real and "believeable" storylines... as my example of "secret life of us" intimated

crazyhobo

i cant argue with that... it must have been other knowledge of you not liking reality tv
Where did you get that idea? I'm indifferent to reality tv as a genre, as I am with all others genres. There are a few reality tv shows I like, while I think the rest is complete shit. Just like with all others genres.

i was talking about it in terms of character based tv shows that try to have characters with real and "believeable" storylines... as my example of "secret life of us" intimated
Ummm....but it isn't real. The shows which 'mimic' reality are able to have scripted dialogue and plots. You can't do this in reality tv (well you can script the plots to an extent, but definately not the dialogue). The way the two types of shows engage the viewer is completely different because of that.

ilovemrchips

i saw that schoolies movie on schoolies (more as a token gesture)....
i fell asleep

but that could be because of other influences...

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
okay i'll refrain from calling you an arseclown
..but i'm shocked you even have to ask what a difference between a reality show is, and a drama series (which is what secret life is)

secondly, no, televiision was originally created for people to escape reality and to have a bit of escape from life. why the cunt would it be more interesting to watch a reality tv program like big brother and the real cancun, you might as well just buy a lot of alocohol and go down to the local brothel and party it up

crazyhobo

At this stage I would like to point out that I know egg in real life, and this is what he constantly talks to me about. Pity me, for I am cursed.

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
na 'Reality TV' s just a phrase the TV networks and media like to use. Executive Producer of Survivor, Mark Burnett calls them 'Unscripted Dramas'.

Macccca

wazzlewoozle
Originally posted by routemarker
na 'Reality TV' s just a phrase the TV networks and media like to use. Executive Producer of Survivor, Mark Burnett calls them 'Unscripted Dramas'.
right.

you sure know what you're talking about, and certainly not dancing with the fairies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)