the races (1 Viewer)

kristylee_

HSC
N/A
im going to the races on tuesday for melbourne cup, i am so excited its just a good excuse to get dressed up haha

anyone else going or go to the races often?
what do u guys like to wear and how much effort do you go to?

bex

HSC
i LOVE the races! yeah all the girls look unbelievable.. they go to so much trouble. I always wear a dress or skirt and top. everyone wears things in their hair and they can be really pricey but apparently if you take your outfit to Lincraft in the city they can make you something on the spot for around $40.

hats: spring racing- straw, autumn- felt.

bex

HSC
if you can, take your outfit into lincraft in pitt st and theyll put something together for you in the colours of whatever youre wearing

Always

HSC
I also love the races because everyone is so well-groomed and the whole atmosphere is just so pleasant! My dad watches the horses, whilst mum and I check out the fashions. :D

I always wear a dress, and keep it relatively simple on the head - never hats, only small hair-pieces. My mum is much the same - skirt/top or dress and an elegantly decorated hat. My grandmother on the otherhand, wears these extravagant OTT hats, complete with feathers and flowers and whatnot. God bless her soul.

kristylee_

HSC
N/A
on tuesday i was thinking of wearing a nice brown halter dress with heels and chunky bangles.. gotta love them
also if i can find a simple yet nice looking head piece/hat that matches nicely ill wear that too... im sooooo excited

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
last year i wore an asymetrical (i think thats the style) halter neck jade green cocktail dress, with hot pink strappy stilettos. and i wore a pale purple fascinator in my hair.
im not huge on the hat thingo, so i go for fascinators. yeah, and i went to the races.

i have two dresses for this year, it depends where i go. if i go out for lunch, im wearing my black and pink strapless dress with my black strappy stilettos, or if i go to the races, im wearing my black halter neck cocktail dress, with black strappy stilettos, and fishnet gloves.
so i need to get a black fascinator and i might dye my hair again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)