The Presets? (1 Viewer)

Jess007

HSC
hey bosers, just wondering if anyone knows of a band, artist etc that sounds like THE PRESETS?

thanks, Jess

em_516

bludging..
HSC
I'm pretty bad at this, but I reckon recent Presets sounds a bit like Midnight Juggernauts at the moment, if you wanna try them?

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
depends.

other australian well known elctronic bands out on the circuit atm are PNAU, midnight juggernaughts, and cut copy. Other general electronic acts are Justice, Digitalism, Daft Punk, Hot Chip, The Knife Crystal Castles, Ellen Alien, though Crystal Castles are more gameboy esque and Ellen Alien is pretty atmospheric (I havent listened to the new Ellen Alien though) plus billons of others.

None of them particularly sound like the Presets though, Digitalism/Justice/Daft Punk are probably the danciest. Some Hot Chip too.

I think Julian sounds like the signer from Talking Heads on the new record too but they are probably far from what you are looking for.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
out of digitalism/justice and daft punk the closest to presets would be digitalism.

u'd like 'pogo' by digitalism if you like most presets stuff.

omg hi lauren :wave:

HSC
justice? nah .. i think justice definitely sound like daft punk (especially songs like phantom pt 2 or whatever) but idk about the presets

Espo15

Banned
HSC
N/A
none of the bands listed really sound like the presets

SiN3m

HSC
i think they're good. i dnt no any other bands like this since they r the first band like that ive ever been into...good stuff

all.time.fiend

WANT SOME FRIES
HSC
MSTRKRFT, Klaxons, Dragonette, some DJ Mehdi (especially 'Signatune Edit v2 - More Kick') and Ladytron.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
all.time.fiend said:
and Ladytron.
oi you heard velocifero yet? its preeeeettty fucking great. also are you seeing them in oct? can't fucking wait

Jess007

HSC
thanks guys/ladies

ive copied all the bands into a word doc. and ill get around to getting some of those bands songs.
presets just make me happy and wanna dance...what music makes you all happy? or hyper? or what music do u listen to when your angry?

thanks again!!
Jess

omg! hi lauren! im jess! omg!!

7th Sign

HSC
Midnight Juggernauts and digitalism similar sound.

No way daft punk and Justice are similar LMAO....they have a totally different sound.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)