The Postal Service (1 Viewer)

taxman

make poverty
HSC
Alright, as my thread on The Shins has already been posted, I deleted that and opened up this one...HOORAY!

Anybody here heard of The Postal Service? Their music is absolutely brilliant. I've been a big fan of theirs ever since 'Such Great Heights' was on the Garden State trailer. I think they're a band all you guys should check out. They seem to be an overseas version of the Dissociatives...where two guys from different bands came together to create some real fresh music that's awesome to listen to.

Check out: Such Great Heights, The District Sleeps Alone Tonight, We Will Become Silhouettes and Clark Gable for an indication of what they're like...actually, buy the 'Give Up' CD...I grabbed it last week and I've been really stoked with it.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Yes, The Postal Service are great. I have been a fan of Death Cab For Cutie for a while so I knew about this band right from the beginning (it is Ben Gibbard's side project):cool:.

HSC
you know they got sued by the US postal service?
now the us postal services reserves the right to use their songs in advertising campaigns, and also hold concerts at postal office branches.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
mcdickpants 2.5 said:
you know they got sued by the US postal service?
now the us postal services reserves the right to use their songs in advertising campaigns, and also hold concerts at postal office branches.
Haha, surely that last part isn't true:p.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
yeah i like such great heights- ill look into them

care to save me time actually and tell me about more about them besides the whole postal debacle

artfag

Banned
HSC
i don't really like the postal service, but i'm a pretty big dntel fan

the album was a big disappointment, as nothing really came close to the brilliance of dntel's '(this is) the dream of evan and chan'. most of the lyrics and music are pure cheese and jenny lewis annoys the fuck out of me too. i still love 'clark gable' and 'natural anthem' though

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
get the wicker park soundtrack just for TPS's cover of phil collins' "against all odds". critically acclaimed (raved over in two separate issues of RS) and damn cool.

although the WP st has the shins and mogwai also, so worth getting anyway. :D

i LOVE such great heights.

fine ambiguity

almost there
HSC
I like Death Cab for a Cutie heaps more... but PS's songs are decent :)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
artfag said:
most of the lyrics and music are pure cheese and jenny lewis annoys the fuck out of me too. i still love 'clark gable' and 'natural anthem' though
Is that the name of the women who sings in some of the songs on the album? If so, I would rather a male voice also:).

fine ambiguity said:
I like Death Cab for a Cutie heaps more... but PS's songs are decent :)
Likewise:).

Rose_Punk

HSC
didnt they get their name from someone in the band being a roadie or an assistant to another band??

god know where i heard that from...!

haha, yes i could be very much delirious

artfag

Banned
HSC
Merethrond said:
Is that the name of the women who sings in some of the songs on the album?
she sings on 'nothing better' and also does some backing vocals. she's also the little girl from 80's nintendo movie 'the wizard', and lead vocalist of one of the worst bands in the world today, 'Rilo Kiley'

fuck i hate her.

TaperJeanGirl

HSC
Yay!! I love the Postal Service - I got into them about the same time I started liking Zoot Woman (anyone like them?) 'The District Sleeps Alone Tonight' is such a mad song - especially at the end where it goes really fast... and yeah... i just like it! Hehe, I havent heard any DCFC stuff thought - what's it like? Im guessing its a bit different to PS....??

taxman

make poverty
HSC
The Postal Service name came from the way the guys made their music. One dude recorded the music and did shit to it on his computer and then sent it via post to the other guy who wrote lyrics and sang...then sent it back, etc.

HSC
artfag said:
she sings on 'nothing better' and also does some backing vocals. she's also the little girl from 80's nintendo movie 'the wizard', and lead vocalist of one of the worst bands in the world today, 'Rilo Kiley'

fuck i hate her.
hahah rilo kiley aren't *THAT* bad...
though sometimes they get on my nerves.

all.time.fiend

WANT SOME FRIES
HSC
Bump

Typical

Honey, honey see me
Behind my Gameboy
I got game girl
It comes easy
Let go your shoulders
My popsicle it’s so sweetsie
Turn back that spark
Don’t hesitate
And you believe me
Ya bitch believe me

Bump
Bump (Hey there you go, there you go, fine by…)
Bump (Too much rump in the trunk)
Bump (It‘s rainin’ it’s pouring, the little girl is snoring)
Bump (Typical)
Bump (Rump in the trunk)
Bump (Rump in the trunk)
Bump (Typical)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)