The possibilty of a beginners student > a continuers student (1 Viewer)

holy priest

HSC
I'm wondering if this is possible. And if so, would it be embarrassing for the continuers student? =P Because, I notice that the difference in content isnt too big.

P

pLuvia

How can you compare continuers and beginners?? Define better. The content is different, beginners is basically year 7 - year 10 work and a bit more.

holy priest

HSC
I suppose that better would = knows more. And the content isnt just 7-> 10 with a little more. There is more kanji, more structures and words. yr 9-10 kanji is something like 20-40 isnt it. There arent that many more grammer structures that a continuers student would learn so as to make the gap too big anyway. I mean, the beginners course is technically an accelerated one.

P

pLuvia

Probably not, but accelerated students may stand a chance

But yeh it would feel embarrassed :p

Serenade

Sailor Moon
HSC
There are quite a few differences between the Beginners and Continuers course, and I think the main one would be that the Beginners has more of a set vocabulary and grammar structures, whereas the Continuers have the freedom to go anywhere (which is why there aren't any prescribed textbooks for them). So if you look at it that way, the Beginners won't "stand a chance", especially since Beginners are encouraged to stay "close to the syllabus", because some people can get into a lot of trouble if the Board makes the assumption that a student undertaking the Beginners course isn't a "beginner" (which I think is quite stupid, considering there may be quite a few people who may devote themselves to just 2 units of Beginners Japanese...)

So technically, Continuer > Beginner, unless the Continuer is a slackoff and the Beginner is highly self-motivated. XD

P

pLuvia

I started Ext Japanese today, and I found more english based, like the analysisation of ototake, knowing the present world etc. Using english techniques into japanese essays :), luckyily I have an advantage in my class since everyone but my friend and I do ESL :D:D

Serenade

Sailor Moon
HSC
Yup, that's what the Extension course is mostly based on - society, technology, and your opinions on them - in Japanese. Anyways, best of luck with the course, and I hope you'll enjoy it! ^_^

(And I should really study... Demo, namakemono ni hokori wo kanjiru... Ahahahaha! XD)

Serenade

Sailor Moon
HSC
"I feel pride in being lazy"... ^_^;;;

And it's over! No more useless cramming of Wakatta contents, and time to start learning all those English Modules! XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)