the poem was just bloody ridiculous! (1 Viewer)

psycho_mushy

HSC
text two was a bloody joke!

it was too friggin hard to understand and really its quite hard to see its linkage with change....

though if you did "The Door" from the BOS booklet it may have been easier coz it sorta relates back and has a similiar sturcture....

There are alot more better texts out there than that gay poem they chose... personally I just think it didn't suit the job well enough

Winston

HSC
wasn't too shabby, they wouldn't always show a blatant change, rather they want you to understand the implications of change in this poem, you could of contrasted on the examples they had, there was some that was minor change, and some that was major change, thus highlighting change can be minor or significant.

CraZiEeE

I think that they meant "september 11" since the title of the poem had "2001" somewhere in it??

hope ot helps

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by truly-in-bliss
yeha if u read the title....it would have clicked ..... the onli thing obvious in 2001 is the 911 attack....much like other infamous dates such as 1984 and 1969 (feminist movement)

i wouldn't specifcally think it's Sept 11, you never know, perhaps the composer had no intentions in writing about Sept 11

clemtinite

Yeah, didn't much like it.
It's that whole over romantic thing, I hate it. I presume that for the poem to be incorporated into an HSC exam, it would have to have some kind of strong point. What is the use of a poem with a point when that point is hidden amongst romantic buzz words?

FLOWER CHANGE by clemtinite

Flower
Moonlit silver,
CHANGE
Walking slowly,
quicker,
solid heart

Will you be,
my search
for truth?
Will you
be
my aging
youth?

Slowly.
Walking.
Flower.
CHANGE.

- by clemtinite

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)