The Pacific is going to be released this year! (1 Viewer)

Kittikhun

HSC
I just saw the preview of it on Channel Seven about seven minutes ago and I'm so exited I'm typing it up on every forum I can get my hands on! The show looks freaking amazing! The assault on Peleliu that they showed follows everything that is in Eugene B. Sledge's book With The Old Breed. It looks so freaking amazing! I've been waiting for this for so long after the freaking brilliant Band of Brothers. Can't freaking wait for this to come out! Can't freaking wait!

Link! Link! Starts at 2 minutes and 57 seconds!

http://whatsonthetube.net/2009/01/01/coming-to-seven-in-’09/

Last edited:

Kittikhun

HSC
No one into World War Two history, huh? That's a shame.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Wow, its been a long time waiting. Can't wait for this as well! The original Band of Brothers was so awesome. Hopefully this one as well.

Kittikhun

HSC
Here's link to the trailer on youtube. Watch it before HBO removes it off the net again and they're quick. Trust me.

It's funny how the voice over says that the Battle of Peleliu was the battle that saved Australia. That's Channel Seven for you!

YouTube - HBO The Pacific Sneak Peak

If you're interested in World War Two history I recommend you read Eugene B. Sledge's memoir With the Old Breed. A fantastic and touching book about war.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Looks awesome. I saw the preview/sneak peek hmm on new years eve or just after and I was :eek: :D throughout the entire preview.

I watched Band of Brothers for the 1st time last year on DVD even though my Dad has had it for years and watched it a few times. I think it took me 3 or so days to watch it, just watch 1 after the other pretty much. So well done, very enjoyable watch with lots of suspense and sad moments.

I will be watching this. I just hope Channel 7 gives it the treatment it deserves and doesn't shelf it or put it on at a later time swap days and all that garbage they have been doing of late.

Kittikhun

HSC
Looks awesome. I saw the preview/sneak peek hmm on new years eve or just after and I was :eek: :D throughout the entire preview.

:haha: I was too. I kept on screaming out aloud 'Semper Fi' when I saw it halfway through. 8 years in waiting, brother!

I will be watching this. I just hope Channel 7 gives it the treatment it deserves and doesn't shelf it or put it on at a later time swap days and all that garbage they have been doing of late.

I doubt they will do this. I just hope that they will put it on a proper day like Saturday, rather than Sunday, the night before school.

In case it might interest you, here's video of a scene captured by one of those present at the shooting in Melbourne last year. It sort of makes you want to live in Melbourne, doesn't it? Those lucky Victorians!

YouTube - The Pacific - filming at Flinders Street

At the end you can see some Marines, I guess, with some sheilas. I just hope they don't put a sex scene in this like they did in Band of Brothers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)