The Official VB One Day Tri-Series Thread (1 Viewer)

Lhyviathan

2/cos C
HSC
Drought solution #46: Get the Australian cricket team 5/30 in rural NSW. ;)

Australia will make it to the final (obviously).

Pakistan beat the West Indies, the West Indies WOULD have beaten Australia, and Australia has already beaten Pakistan and the West Indies...

Looks like this series is going to be a lot better than last year's (where the other two teams were India and the mighty Zimbabweans).

ramanij

If there was no rain Australia would have won, the duck worth lewis system screwed em up(the aussies).

This series is also a no contest Australia will win no problem especially since shoaib akhtar has gone back to pakistan

However Lara could make a difference

firehose

HSC
bah the series has no competition, and tonight the Aussies typically trounced the Pakis by 9 wickets, it all seemed too easy, as while the Pakistani wickets kept tumbling it was all so different with Clarke and Ponting at the crease...... grr just trust that the other night, in the rare case that the Aussies were on track to lose, the rain had to come in and save them :vcross:

Oh and btw Twenty20 cricket's heaps mad!!

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
Clarkes gonna get man of the series.......

It was tough to bat in those conditions first up yesterday. Lee sending them down @ 150k's and swinging all over the place..........

Even the D/L system screwed the Aussies up at the Gabba, I think the Windies got raped!

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
The funny thing about the VB series is that a team can come first by over 20 points and yet still lose the series by having one or two bad games

ZabZu

HSC
Clarke had a dam good game yesterday against Pakistan. His throw where he ran out Razzaq was amazing and he got a well deserved hundred.

Kulazzi

HSC
Did anyone go yesterday? I was there with three of my cousins and two sisters. My dad and all the other adults (and one cousin of mine) went for Pakistan. They all left when it started raining. Hahahaha. God they were so loud (and embarrassing!) they kept screaming: "Supa power supa power, Paki power paki power!" when pakistan were batting. And these punjabi words (something something something dta!). Oh well, we were aussie supporters, and of course, Australia won! :) After they left, one aussie guy in the same row looked in our direction and yelled aussie power aussie power when australia was batting! rofl

phungus

HSC
Lhyviathan said:
Man, Hayden is way out of form... but I reckon that 65 ball stay at the crease would have done him some good. :uhhuh:
True that. I Hope Hayden gets back into form soon or he's gonna cop heaps from everyone. I've kept my faith in that guy =/

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
openers always have a lean trot time to time. hayden will come good when we need him to. maybe he should try playing second fiddle to whoever he's batting with and push singles around until he can start doing a demolition job on the bowlers.

IamaFloorMat

HSC
N/A
i really dont understand Pakistan , they always seem to have the opportunity to take wickets , yet they jeopardise it by doing stupid things.

For instance , in the game im watching now , they dropped their wicket keeper and suprise surpise the makeshift keeper misses a pretty easy catch.

Furthermore they need bloody catching practice, shocking..

that being said i hope its Windies vs Australia

sigh.. when do India come here? that series gives us much more of a challenge

Lhyviathan

2/cos C
HSC
Yeah, I totally agree...

Why drop Kamran Akmal?? He owned the Windies with his 124(125), and his keeping this series has been pretty damn good...

WHY?! :confused:

IamaFloorMat

HSC
N/A
its not only that , there fielding is pretty bad as well..... Australia is gonna take this so easily now , Pakistan had the chance to take about 2 wickets i reckon just then.. but poor fielding stopped them

oh and the captain of Pakistan (forgot the name) is very unfit lol.......

Go Aussie!! Go!!! :D

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
IamaFloorMat said:
oh and the captain of Pakistan (forgot the name) is very unfit lol.......
Lol, love Inzamam, he's so phat.

I'm rooting for the Paki's in this game because I hate that Australia always win (tall poppy syndrome I guess). The Windies batted fantastically against Pakistan on Friday...if they can produce that against the Aussies they could actually beat them. It's been a one sided series though, and as much as I love one-dayers it's become a little boring.

Jiga

Pakistans fielding was disgraceful. I want a side to give it to Australia, Ive forgotten wat its like to go for a losing side. NZ gave us half a run for out money, but WI and PAK have nothing.

max

That which u feel becomes
HSC
angelduck said:
they beat us, i cant believe i missed it! How did they beat us??
my guess is that money exchanged pockets in the dressing rooms...

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Last night Michael Clarke won the Allan Border Medal, with Symonds named one-day player of the year and Martyn named Test player of the year.

I'm really happy for Clarke and recognise that he has been in brilliant form both in the one-day and test sides, but I think Damien Martyn would have been a more worthy recipient this year. Not only has he scored 6 test centuries this year, but he has also played brilliantly in the one-day games and scored more test runs than any other Australian this year. He has also turned his career around this year after nearly being dropped for his dismal performances in the previous year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)