The Official "Opening Ceremony" & "Day One and Two" Thread. (1 Viewer)

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
The Official "Opening Ceremony" & "Day One, Two & Three" Thread.

Post Comments and Reactions HERE for the Opening Ceremony & Day One, Two and Three of the Events Of The Olympic Games, 2004.

Last edited:

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
03:30 Games of the XXVIII Olympiad - LIVE
Opening Ceremony (Actual ceremony starts at 03:45)
Hosted by Sandy Roberts with commentary by Bruce McAvaney, Ric Birch and Rebecca Wilson with guests Catherine Freeman, Kieren Perkins, Andrew Gaze and Rechelle Hawkes
Parade of Nations, featuring a record 202 countries
Lighting of the Olympic Cauldron

11:30 Opening Ceremony Replay
15:30 Games of the XXVIII Olympiad - LIVE
DAY 1 - MORNING
Rowing - Heats: Women's Pairs and Men's Pairs (Drew Ginn and James Tomkins)
Women's Basketball - Australia v Nigeria
Swimming - Heats: Men's 400m Individual Medley (Justin Norris); Women's 100m Butterfly (Petria Thomas)
Softball - Australia v Japan

18:00 Seven News
Ann Sanders presents today's news, weather and sport

18:15 Games of the XXVIII Olympiad - LIVE

DAY 1 - AFTERNOON
Swimming - Heats: Men's 400m Freestyle (Ian Thorpe and Grant Hackett); Women's 400m Individual Medley (Jennifer Reilly and Lara Carroll); Men's 100m Breaststroke (Jim Piper and Regan Harrison); Women's 4x100m Freestyle Relay (Lisbeth Lenton, Jodie Henry,Alice Mills and Sarah Ryan)
Cycling - Men's Road Race (Stuart O'Grady, Robbie McEwen, Baden Cooke, Matt White and Michael Roger)
Gymnastics - Men's Qualifiers (Phillipe Rizzo)
Rowing - Replay
Women's Basketball
Beach Volleyball - Men's and Women's Preliminaries
Boxing - Middle Weight 75kg Preliminaries (Jamie Pitman)

23:00 The Dream with Roy and H.G.
Roy and H.G. Nelson, direct from the front deck of home base in Athens Central, peer behind the facade of sport and probe the miracle that is Greece.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
I think i'll tape tommorows replay of the opening ceremony

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I think that i am going to lock myself away from the world for the next few weeks, lol. Olympics are so boring ... actually ... i might study for once or something, lol.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
lol,
I don't mind watching some events that australia competes in, but I think I was more interested in watching the syd olympics when they were on, because it was happening here.

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
i wanna see parts of that stadium collapse live rather than a replay. so much better watching things like that when they actually happen. maybe ill even be lucky enough to catch a terrorist attack.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I caught a bit of the opening ceremony live this morning. God, those australian uniforms are yuck.

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
thejosiekiller said:
i feel asleep a number of times- woke up in time to see the lighting of the flame. that was enough
i was quite dissappointed with the opening ceremony. i watched it live this morning. the costumes were excellent, but the entire performance, its was just a paradade. the fire works were excellent.

lighting the flame was a bit... unoriginal...

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
yeah i know- but u cant relate to another country's history/culture that easily.

i mean did any1 see the replay of our opening ceremony with nicky webster? dont get me started on her (I had dreams during the ceremony a sniper focusing his red laser on her head and POW). do u think any1 else who wasnt an australian enjoyed our opening ceremony as much as we did? no- u souldnt expect them too.

but in the end its a spectacle and they need to put on a show to open the olympics.

the lighting of the flame was- low tech. the only thing technologicaly innovative was all the show over the water.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i really liked the opening ceremony, it looked amazing

i haven't seen the lighting of the flame yet, i should go and check out what's going on now

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
i loved the opening ceremony, being greek i could understand the idea behind it and i loved the history timeline/slideshoe thing they did, and the statue was amazing. if u ask me it was way better then Sydney, stupid lawn mowers, ned kellies, jackaroo's and *shudder* nikki webster

bjork was kickass :D

porge

sorry, you've missed me
HSC
N/A
why is everyone fucking themselves up?
is there always this much controversy before the games with drugs, injuries, and missing athletes?
did anything like this happen last year that i just didnt care about?

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
only in greece would you see all the music for the ceremnoy being covered by a DJ.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
lol dj tiesto, wearing jeans and a t-shirt

controversy this year - yeah jana, one of our gymnasts is back home from injury :( , someone disqualified for drugs (another country), thorpes comment that he would be competing against people who have taken drugs, a couple of other questionable athletes

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
i think the major drug event that took place which really showed up the Sydney drug testing was when marion jones and tim montgomery (suspiciously) came 5th and 7th respectively in their previously world record breaking event, the 100m

oh, and i love DJ Tiesto so I was stoked :D

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
I just finished watching the replay. The "lake" in hte stadium was quie impressive, but not much else was. Will be watching the swimming at 5:00pm today ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)