The Official Module C - Texts and Society (Section III) Thread (1 Viewer)

Winston

HSC
Let's hear what you have to say. Was the question difficult?

To eliminate confusion the format of posting would be simply stating your set text you have studied, before you go screaming your heads off about how crap the section was.

Example

Set Text: Bruce Dawe Poems

Last edited:

Winston

HSC
Just got back from the exams

i did the Consumerism - Bruce Dawe poems

Nice question, was a straight forward essay question, no questionw as even involved u can form your own argument how mad!.

Hottieflossy

yeh, it was an easy question...im such an idiot though, i left it till last and got the other two done so i didnt have to thin about them and then i didnt have time for this one especially as i had so much information and it was the one i knew the most about. they said pens down when i was onto my fourth page writing about Enter without so much as knocking. my english teacher didnt help at all...she was like, wat were you thinking? i cant believe you didnt even get any related text done. thanx for making me feel crap

quarkfire

bludger
HSC
N/A
this question was better than expected! I thought it was relatively easy.

HSC
yeah it was relatively easy...but i found it hard to finish the question in the 30 odd minutes i ended up allocating it...

with 5 minutes to go i had to finish of "breakthroough" and do one more supplementary text...i thought was gonna die...but i got through it ok...

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I did State of Shock, and my related materials were Mississippi Burning and David Hicks.
I talked about how the aborigines were with one with nature in Yambala, but when they were moved to Checka, white man influence took over. Then talked about individuals and how they were positively or negatively effected by white man influence.

chris42

HSC
Consumerism was good, it was interesting that they asked for 2 related texts though, most previous years questions asked only for one. But it was a good essay question.

kablam

HSC
Originally posted by PoLaRbEaR
Did anyone take into consideration the bit about the website?
i didn't, i figured an essay posted on a website isn't different to a regular essay... right?

Maddogg

Q.10 CONSUMERISM

i didnt take into considertaion about the website but i took into consideration it was directed at hsc students and included that in my intro and conclusion.... i only had 20-25 mins to do this section errr i wish i had more time i only wrote 5.5 pages and i had to rush through it so quik... and it was also a very easy question :( but i still should do well

mark_hack

I did Raw and found the question relatively easy. I talked about the different portrayal of the benefits associated with enforcement, compliance and protest between different texts. Did anyone else do Raw?? If so how did u answer the question??

Skull Kid

In the Bruce Dawe Consumerism question did we have to use all the poems cause I only did two poems and two related texts, as they are only ones I studied all year, and used those two in my half yearly, and trial exams and my teacher never said anything about using all of them. Please reply, I'm sort of worried now...

digimax219

OMG.. i did Dawes poem.. it came out with exactly wot i thought it to be... ... but i only wrote bout 5 pages

Benno

HSC
i did Raw but its my weakest Module, but yeah i wrote about compliance protest etc etc, also mentioned some techniques. I hated how it asked for 2 related texts im like fuck! i did ET and made up some crap about lord of the rings and Mordor been an evil insitution ;) :p

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Nah Skull Kid u dont need 2 worry..... u could use as many, or as little as u wanted.....just depends on what sort of marks u r after. So obvioulsy u can only get limited marks if u only talk about one, but i guess if u an talk knowledgibly about 2 poems and convince the markers that u didnt need 2 mention other poems, then u should b ok!

i did Dawe......all i did was just talk about the techniques involved in 2 of his poems in depth.........is that correct?? wat u rekon??.........how many poems did others talk about??

tt_j65

HSC
Originally posted by PoLaRbEaR
Did anyone take into consideration the bit about the website?
yer.. i did the layout and stuff ... all to differentiate myself with the others :D

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
i did Dawe, i wrote 9 pages(yeah!!!). i dont think the website was that important. the related txts i used were the mazda RX-8 ad,(u know where he hugs the car) and i linked it to abondoment of autos, and i also used this article. although i was suprised they asked us to write essays in all da sections

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by tt_j65
yer.. i did the layout and stuff ... all to differentiate myself with the others :D
OMG i never knew you had to do it like that, i thought they just wanted an essay but had to add a little story to the question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)