The Official Module B - Close Study of Text (Section II) Thread (1 Viewer)

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
Originally posted by Maddogg
DRAMA - THE SHOEHORN SONATA

omg omg it was the most broad and easy question i have seen in my life..... all it wanted was themes and techniques unlike previous years questions where they were hard to understand and it was very similar to an essay i had done before so that helped too :)
yeah it was sooo easy i just wrote an essay generally on shoe horn.

anju_th

Originally posted by kablam
for shoehorn it didn't even occur to me that aspects might have meant themes, i talked about the relationship between characters, and the historical significance as my two main points
yeh i know.......i mainly focused on their relationship and based that as the aspect that had the biggest impact on me.........lik i din even think themes........just thought friendship and their endurances thru evrithing and how misto uses dramatic techniques to show and develop and reconsile their relationship..........dis betta b rite :(

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
navigating - drama

wrote abt whistleblowing the main impact.. er i dunno..

kablam

HSC
Originally posted by anju_th
yeh i know.......i mainly focused on their relationship and based that as the aspect that had the biggest impact on me.........lik i din even think themes........just thought friendship and their endurances thru evrithing and how misto uses dramatic techniques to show and develop and reconsile their relationship..........dis betta b rite :(
if they wanted themes i'm sure they would have said themes. aspects could be anything.

that's my interpretation anyway

whaddup03

HSC
for the shoe-horn sonata i just what techniques john misto used and gave them examples in each scene, there were only eight techniques i think(juxtaposition, symbolism, irony, humour, satire, multi-media, characterisation and stage direction)

wasn't there????

HSC
Originally posted by kablam
for shoehorn it didn't even occur to me that aspects might have meant themes, i talked about the relationship between characters, and the historical significance as my two main points
yeah that is practically themes. Their friendship and endurances etc... as anju said
anyway its overrrrrrrr

C

coolrider

hey everyone...

Did everyone write in the first person for this section or did u say the "audience"......... know what im saying??

I wrote in the first person ... like "Briar rose had a great impact on me because..."

What did everyone do?

Benno

HSC
i said both me I and Audience

i did Wilfred Owen i think i went preety good for this section

digimax219

Shoehorn OMG!!! wot the hell... the question was tooo wide to answer.. people could write bull craps and still can write many pages.

kablam

HSC
Originally posted by digimax219
Shoehorn OMG!!! wot the hell... the question was tooo wide to answer.. people could write bull craps and still can write many pages.
so?

anju_th

To all the shoehorn people

Yeh i suppose they wudve said themes...but friendship, reconciliation,bravery are all themes....iwrote their firendship in general and yeh they are the main techniques misto uses...juxtapositionn,projected images, etc....i showed their development of their relationship frm their first meeting and their reconciliation and built my dramatic techniques thru that...and also like the settings of the tv stage and the motel room how that shows a contrast of emotional things with factual things..one example of how i acked my essay...
did u ppl do similar things?:eek: :confused: :apig:

Hottieflossy

some1 else already asked that question. i spoke to my english teacher afterwards and she told us that if we had written in first person, marks would be taken off..thankfully i said audience and the responder

dannny_2223

Your teacher obviously has no idea coz when they ask you what YOUR thoughts are they generally mean that they want your opinion!! You wont get marks taken off for writing in 1st person it doesn't matter how you wrote as long as you show how the text involved you...

anju_th

ohhhhhhh gooddddddddddd im dyin of a heart attach here :) lol

yeh thats wat i thought and i think the examiners wanted us to show that we understood they wanted our opinion on the text rather than a large audience

Hottieflossy

my english teacher is a HSC marker so she would obviously know. it basically was meant to be written in an essay form and you should never write in the first person even if it says what impacted on YOU.

Hottieflossy

i wouldnt worry though, you werent the only person to do that..most of the people i know wrote in the first person...i dunno, maybe i'm in the wrong here...but im just going by what my teacher told me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)