**The Official LED ZEPPELIN thread** (1 Viewer)

Murray

Follower of Odin
HSC
The same thing happened 2 me with Dazed And Confused! but they only phoned my mother at work .... not good because i was happy with it how it was i could hear nothing else! an next door who got upset live over 200m from were i was playin it!!

im happy 2 c im not the only one 2 do such things .... my friends think im a nut!

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
yeah i think that the live songs have so much more in them. mabey is the drugs they were taking? who knows
but all i know is that the more live DVD's they bring out.....the more i buy. so keep the ball rolling

my dad went an saw The song remains the same at the movies. he said he can remember extra things? who knows i think he's wrong, but i would like to find out

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
"Extra things?" as in extra scenes?

I've seen TSRTS film in a theatre too and it was identical to the DVD version......

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
Most likely.

I've been copying my Zeppelin vinyls to CD, for convenience. It's awesome, the sound is so different. I have dad's original Led Zeppelin IV, Stairway to Heaven is scratched all over from being played so much..............

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
i love the crack n pop that vinyal has

my dad had them all, but his brothers have them now, he only has zep III and song remains the same

Murray

Follower of Odin
HSC
bowman said:
yeah i think that the live songs have so much more in them. mabey is the drugs they were taking? who knows
but all i know is that the more live DVD's they bring out.....the more i buy. so keep the ball rolling
Theres no more 2 put on DVD they used in all in the dvd!

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
well page said there was lots of archival footage that was to dammaged.

i dont care as long as i can listen to them play. i love live zeppelin

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
Page said that he basically used every undamaged bit of film for the DVD but there are bootlegs floating around. I used to have (on VHS) a bootleg of them performing at the LA Forum in 1977 in one of the first concerts they did after their live hiatus in 76. Its fucking great because it had heaps of stuff from Presence, like Royal Orleans and Tea for One, that didnt get on the DVD sadly. I lost it in a house move though :(

On The Song Remains the Same front, I really hate the film. The performances are absolutely stellar (Ive ripped them all into mp3 and listen to them all the time), especially of No Quater, but I hate the way they are filmed. All the shots go for way to long and as a result it has a lethargic feel about it, rather than the DVDs chaotic frenzy feel. Plus the fantasy sequences are pretty embarrassing.

Have you guys seen this? I love Zeppelin, but I think its a pretty important thing to read if you want the full story: Warning: could possibly ruin Zeppelin for you.

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
yeah they are a little cooky
but hey, it was the 70's

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
Plant: "This is a song that sometimes requires a building in a manner which our forefathers were very used to. You hear that?"

Page: "I couldnt believe it!"

Plant: "Its right though, innit. That feeling thats left everybody ... the cosmic energy! Everybody goes YEAH BASH!" *throws arm in air*

LMAO. During that tour they were all so unbelievably whacked on psychoactive drugs.

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
yeah,
well pagy was hooked on heroin throughout the 80's

and yeah u can see in White Summer when Bonzo is waiting for his little drum bit to come in. he is wacked off his nut

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
You reckon? I know all that stuff about Page is true, and its rumoured he was on heroin during the whole of Presence and basically snubbed In Through the Out Door to go out with Bonzo.

But I dont think Bonzo would be stoned. I mean, he did a ridiculous amount of physical activity on stage, especially in things like Moby Dick.

All this talk of the DVD though has made me want to watch How Many More Times loud enough to break my asshole neighbours windows, so that what Ill do. BRB.

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
yeah i'm watching white summer now

well i mean these guys were in the hight of Psychodelic rock

i love what is and what should never be.

i love the slide guitar on it

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
In My Time of Dying and In The Evening are mad if you want to be spun out. Theyve got a bootleg clip of Song Remains the Same in the DVD in the promotional clips menu bar. Its really good.

If you want psychodelic experiences when listening to music, the best stuff for me is The Velvet Underground and Nico, the White Album by the Bealtes and Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots by the Flaming Lips.

If Im on psychoactive drugs Pink Floyd is great, but I hate it when Im sober (unlike the picks above).

Keen

MD
HSC
I actually prefer the studio stuff to listen to. I'm not a real fan of hte live stuff - I have the Led Zeppelin DVD and at parts it's amazing and the live versions (eg. Since I've been loving you, Stairway) are amazing and better than studio but it just gets boring and messy especially after 5 hours of it. The short 1hr CDs are much more amazing - I think.

Keen

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
bowman said:
well page said there was lots of archival footage that was to dammaged.

he also had stuff stolen from his house

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
Keen said:
I actually prefer the studio stuff to listen to. I'm not a real fan of hte live stuff - I have the Led Zeppelin DVD and at parts it's amazing and the live versions (eg. Since I've been loving you, Stairway) are amazing and better than studio but it just gets boring and messy especially after 5 hours of it. The short 1hr CDs are much more amazing - I think.

Keen

I find that the live recordings are more dynamic and energetic......generally just PHAT!

I have a compromise for you, if can't handle 5 hours of live zeppelin, get How The West Was Won and listen to it 1 CD at a time

Keen

MD
HSC
Yeah but I still love putting on the Led Zeppelin DVD in 5.1 channel dts sound. That is amazing my friend.
Yeah I have all their Studio stuff (on mp3 sadly - 192kbps though) but not How the West was Won but have heard it is good.

Keen

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
Keen said:
Yeah but I still love putting on the Led Zeppelin DVD in 5.1 channel dts sound. That is amazing my friend.
Yeah I have all their Studio stuff (on mp3 sadly - 192kbps though) but not How the West was Won but have heard it is good.

Keen
HTWWW is amazing. It was the first Zep CD I got and I must consistently play it like three times a week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)