The Official "ive f*cked my HSC already" thread. (1 Viewer)

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Re: The Official "ive fucked my HSC already" thread.

ahmad thaher said:
Yea if u did bad in one or 2 assesments it wont matter alot.. since UAI + HSC = 100 ( ur final mark) so if u do really shit and get a 30 out of 50 for UAI.. u can study ur balls off and get a 45 out of 50 in HSC so ull end up gettin 30+45= 75% finall mark which isnt that bad..:bomb: just study hard for ur trails, do well in them and everything wil be perfect if uve stuffed ur half yearlies!!! :eek:
Umm...WTF?? :confused:

That post is pretty much wrong.

There is no other advice that to study. If you lack motivation to get going and need to be "inspired" look at what do you want to achieve with a UAI/HSC...a specific course, etc. Use that to push yourself.
All your schooling will come down to you making into the course you want. Everyone knows what needs to be done, so perhaps looking into the future (so to speak) may help you getting off your asses.

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC

'Just Do It' - Nike
Let your hope and the hope of others drive you to excellence.
Consider other people's feelings. You're all in the same boat, you just need to keep rowing.

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
Y'know, boys and girls, there's a thing called false hope...
sorry, just being realistic

karoooh

HSC
Well, you won't know if your hopes really are false hopes until the end. Until then, you hope all you want and try as hard as you can.

It's not realistic when you're not even certain of your hopes being false or not.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Me as a case study:

45% in Chem assessment worth 15%, ranked 52 out of 53. Trials--77%, ranked 19th out of 53. External exam mark--92%. Overall HSC mark: 87%.
53% in Bio assessment worth 15%, ranked 55th out of 82. Trials--81%, ranked 20th out of 82. External exam mark--93%. Overall HSC mark: 92%

45 to 87, and 53 to 92. That's a gap of 42% and 39% for Chem and Bio respectively within the one year. I got a UAI of 96.95.

So moral is: DON'T GIVE UP! Just keep saying--I will ace the trials and the externals since everyone will (hopefully) be burnt out by then and since the externals are what your assessment marks are moderated against, if you ace them = bingo! That's the most valuable lesson I learnt in the HSC--to persevere. I'm facing a similar situation at uni and am hoping to ace the end-of-semester exams when everyone (hopefully) is burnt out too! :D Then I can redeem myself! :D

P_Dilemma

HSC
lala2 said:
Me as a case study:

45% in Chem assessment worth 15%, ranked 52 out of 53. Trials--77%, ranked 19th out of 53. External exam mark--92%. Overall HSC mark: 87%.
53% in Bio assessment worth 15%, ranked 55th out of 82. Trials--81%, ranked 20th out of 82. External exam mark--93%. Overall HSC mark: 92%

45 to 87, and 53 to 92. That's a gap of 42% and 39% for Chem and Bio respectively within the one year. I got a UAI of 96.95.

So moral is: DON'T GIVE UP! Just keep saying--I will ace the trials and the externals since everyone will (hopefully) be burnt out by then and since the externals are what your assessment marks are moderated against, if you ace them = bingo! That's the most valuable lesson I learnt in the HSC--to persevere. I'm facing a similar situation at uni and am hoping to ace the end-of-semester exams when everyone (hopefully) is burnt out too! :D Then I can redeem myself! :D
I'm sure it's not just hope that helped you...
...so please tell us what else!!!

My reaction to ur improvement: !&@$R!^@T!@(^@!#(... I wish i could do that...but...

-P_D

lala2

Banned
HSC
Hehe, P_Dilemma, it was just that. I don't know what else to say but basically I said to myself: "right, I'm getting through this year and making sure I ace the trials and externals because I'm good at theory (it so happened that both assessments in which I bombed out in were pracs) and people are so obsessed with their ranks that by trial and definitely by HSC time they will burn out and I'm gonna ace them cos that's all I can do and that matters"

You just have to be determined that you WILL do the best you can, and nothing else. I was planning for my trials and HSC about a month ahead for both. Also, I totally focused all my energy on the trials and externals. I said, "ok, these assessments are just little things to monitor my progress on the way but if I stuff them up I know what to fix in time for the trials and externals." So you could say I basically brushed my assessments aside. It helped me harden my resolution to do well in the trials and the externals and not be complacent with just assessments.

up all nite

HSC
lala2 said:
Me as a case study:

So moral is: DON'T GIVE UP! Just keep saying--I will ace the trials and the externals since everyone will (hopefully) be burnt out by then and since the externals are what your assessment marks are moderated against, if you ace them = bingo! That's the most valuable lesson I learnt in the HSC--to persevere. I'm facing a similar situation at uni and am hoping to ace the end-of-semester exams when everyone (hopefully) is burnt out too! :D Then I can redeem myself! :D[/QUOTE

wow, thanx for that!!!...

liger

HSC
im still in denial about the hsc coming up! i just want this pain to eeeend!

AmenoKitarou

HSC

Continental Cup-a-Soup is the best late night study buddy~!! Stock up on them ~~~~!!!

cbadvanced

Air Wick
HSC

my hsc is over, theres no point in trying now, even if i try ill still get like 60 max

lol now for a serious question: is it hard to get 85UAI

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC

yeah, you can pick up ranks a bit. it is possible. for example- SOR1 I was ranked 20th (out of 100) or so at about the halfyearlys, but manged to pick that up to 6th at the end (acing the trials and other assesments), and scraped a 45/50 for the HSC. Just don't give up! you'll regret it if you do.

yasamin

HSC
no motivation, walls closing in... darkness..... wat do i do wat do i do????????? (deep breaths) hey guys, any tip for panik attaks...

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A

AmenoKitarou said:
Continental Cup-a-Soup is the best late night study buddy~!! Stock up on them ~~~~!!!
not really they make me feel full and content and so i feel like a nap or a nice long sleep

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A

ishq said:
what's done is done - and unless you kill everyone above you in the rank tally, you cant change it.
er actually if you killeveryone above you in your rank tally that just screws you over for your externals because the lower ranked people will (presumably) drag your external AND internal marks down.

at least if you are at a decent school with a maybe not so hotshot rating, you can redeem yourself by caning the externals and hoping the scaling can work towards your favour.

don't and i repeat don't go on a rampage and kill those higher than you in the rankings to satisfy your primal desires. chuck norris says no.

kitkatkittyau

HSC
CRY!!!! Everything is completly screwed! Tell me someone, what bands and results would i need to get an uai of 80 (yes i've learnt not to aim high)

P_Dilemma

HSC
kitkatkittyau said:
CRY!!!! Everything is completly screwed! Tell me someone, what bands and results would i need to get an uai of 80 (yes i've learnt not to aim high)
band 4 in everything, maybe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)