The Official Hip-Hop/R&B Thread 2007 (1 Viewer)

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
Yep.

Discuss whatever is related to the genre here.

So far, no good albums have leaked, jan was a very slow month, probably the next big album to leak would be 'ridin high' by 8ball and MJG which comes out mid-feb. Z-Ro leaked a few days ago though.

The best song i've heard so far would have to be:

DJ Khaled Feat T.I, Akon, Fat Joe, Rick Ross, Lil Wayne & Baby - We Takin' Over

Some other ok songs so far this year:

Slim Thug - Problem With That
Mase - Extra Ordinary
Ne-Yo - Because Of You
8ball and mjg feat young joc - clap on
Fabolous - Return Of The Hustle
Rich Boy - Throw Some D's (prob biggest song so far this year - so many freestyles over this one - lil waynes and kanye west's one would stand out)
Foxy Brown - Up Jumps The Boogie

some random news:

kanye west's first single will most likely feature coldplay's chris martin

Dr Dre might be producing on T.I's upcoming album, as might eminem

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
The hottest album that'll drop will be mine, look out for it. It'll be in the corners of your neigbourhood.

Can't wait to hear Z-ro's new shit.
Rasheed fin'a drop some throwed shit soon too.. We just gotta look out for it.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
XXL Magazine's Top 10 Most Anticipated Albums Of 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10. Cassidy

Album Title: To Be Determined
Release: Second Quarter
Beats: Swizz Beatz, Neo The Matrix, Hi-Tek, Nottz, Rockwilder and Bink
Features: John Legend and Marsha Ambrosius
First Single: TBD

9. Papoose

Album Title: The Nacirema Dream
Release: First Quarter
Beats: Scott Storch, Pharrell, Kanye West, Swizz Beatz, DJ Premier, Heatmakerz, DJ Kay Slay, Focus and E-Dubs
Features: Jim Jones, Busta Rhymes, Bun B., Chamillionaire, Young Buck, Tony Yayo and Jadakiss

8. Fabolous

Album Title: From Nothin' To Something
Beats: Timbaland, Just Blaze, Jazze Pha, Rodney Jerkins, The Runners, Polow Da Don and Ne-Yo
Features: Junior Reid, Cassidy, Lil Wayne, Ne-Yo, Paul Cain, Red Cafe' and Joe Budden
First Single:TBD

7. Lil Jon

Album Title: Crunk Rock
Beats: Lil Jon, Rob Cavallo (Green Day), Marcos Curiel (P.O.D.), Timbaland, Nitti, Rick Rubin, Good Charlotte and Jonathan Davis (Korn)
Features: Ciara, Lil Scrappy, E-40, Too $hort, Yung Joc, Nate Dogg, Lil Wyane, Three 6 Mafia and Chris Rock

6. Raekwon

Album Title: Only Built 4 Cuban Linx II
Release: TBD
Beats: Dr. Dre, RZA, Scram Jones and J Dilla
Features: Wu Tang Clan

5. Three 6 Mafia

Album Title: The Last 2 Walk
Beats: DJ Paul and Juicy J
Features: Chamillionaire, Lyfe Jennings, 8Ball & MJG, Spanish Fly, Al Kapone and Project Pat
First Single: Doe Boy Fresh

4. Chamillionaire

Album Title: The Ultimate Victory
Beats: Kanye West, Cool & Dre, Just Blaze, Mannie Fresh and J.R. Rotem
Features: Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, Busta Rhymes, Pimp C and Kelis
First Single: I'm Not A Criminal

3. Young Buck

Album Title: Buck The World
Beats: Dr. Dre, Eminem, Lil Jon, Jazze Pha, The Diaz Brothers, Hi-Tek and Needlez
Features: T.I., Pimp C, Young Jeezy, Lyfe Jennings, Bun B, 8Ball & MJG, Snoop Dogg, Trick Daddy, Trey Songz and Kokaine
First Single: I Know You Want Me

2. T.I.

Album Title: T.I. vs T.I.P.
Beats: DJ Toomp, Akon, Scott Storch, Khao, Keith Mack, Lil C, David Banner, Nitti, Mannie Fresh, Dr. Dre, Eminem, Pharrell, Timbaland and Swizz Beats
Features: Young Jeezy, Akon, Big Kuntry, Young Dro and Governor

1. Lil Wayne

Album Title: Tha Carter 3
Release: Late Second Quarter
Beats: Timbaland, Will.i.am, Scott Storch and Swizz Beats
Features: Twista, Junior Reid and Sizzla
First Single: La La

Dr. Dre, Eminem and 50 Cent werent featured because there wasnt any concrete information about any of their releases. But heres what was said about them:

50 Cent
For his third album, tentavely titled "Before I Self Destruct", 50's aiming to recapture the magic that made Get Rich Or Dioe Tryin a classic, It wont all be throwback though. The man with the record company for a middle name plans to incorporate more conceptual songs this go-round and self-revealing lyrics for those inquiring minds that want to know. The usual G-Unit and Shady suspects should be expected as well as a track from Beyonce hitmaker Rich Harrison. After the underwhelming '06 performances of Mobb Deep and Lloyd Banks, 50's taking it upon himself to reclaim the G-G-G-G-spot on the top of the charts. If he cant do it, homie, it cant be done.

Eminem
While 2004's Encore sold over 5 million copies, critics complained that hip hop's most controversial caucasoid had run out of shit to talk about. Well, after a year that saw him remarry, and subsequently redivorce his ex-wife Kim and the murder of his best friend, Proof, trust that ol' Em has a lot to get off his chest. Word has it he's holed up in the studio writing and producing new material for an as-yet-untitled fifth album, which might drop as soon as this summer. With more than 20 songs already in the can and, reportedly, more involvement from Dr. Dre than in recent years, aint no need to guress who's back.

Dr. Dre
At this point, its safe to say that Detox is the most anticipated album in the history of rap. Since we first heard the title (what, seven years ago?), reports on Dre's third solo effort have gone from a hip hop musical to a standard full-length to a srapped project to an urban legend. Recently, just when we'd given up paying attention to promised release dates, an online video clip of Dre sayning the word "September" rekindled hope anew. Whats up, Doc? We need a hip of that new batch of chronic ASAP!

bolded = one's that I'm actually anticipating.

lengy

HSC
I thought Eminem quit because of his daughter?

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
theyre the top 10 most anticipated releases this yr?? not much 2 look forward 2.. probably raekwon the most anticipated for me followed by three six..

johnnypaul

HSC
Lil Wayne is the most anticipated album for '07. His fukin WACK. Have u heard him on the Chain Hang Low remix, there are so many blanks on it, he might aswell not be featured.

HSC
this was released in '06, but i'm just getting into it now;

georgia anne muldrow - 'olesi: fragments of an earth'

fucking great 'neo-soul' (yeah, that label makes me want to vomit). her mum used to sing with pharaoh sanders' band, if that's any indication to what she's like. there are some real killer tracks on here, and the album just flows really well as a whole. the first track in particular, about hurricane katrina, is damn brutal

http://www.myspace.com/georgiaannemuldrow

i'm still spinning that clipse cd too.

Last edited:

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
not much from the neo-soul scene in terms of big artists lately. Musiq soulchild had 'buddy' in the last quarter of 06 though. D' Angelo is featured on snoop's album so hopefully he makes a comeback (and gets off the drugs). Bilal had something leak a few days ago i think.

anyway yes, that clipse cd is awesome. the first track 'we got it for cheap' and 'chinese new year' are hot.

johnnypaul, i think you should go listen to tha carter and tha carter II. They are both very solid albums.

Last edited:

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
but why would lil wayne, t.i, chamillionaire and young buck be put above raekwon? hes 1 of the all time greatest emcees.. young buck is wack as shit, chamillionaire is ok but is every teenyboppers idol. t.i is good but i wouldnt put him above raekwon or three six.. but lil wayne #1?? i dnt think so....

johnnypaul

HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
johnnypaul, i think you should go listen to tha carter and tha carter II. They are both very solid albums.
I tried to listen to Tha Carter II, but his southern 'twang' kind of put me off. The only tracks i was feelin were "Shooter" and "Fly In".

Anywho I don't really like it how he promotes that he is the "best rapper alive".

IMO when Dre drops his new album it WILL be one of the best rap albums of all time, better than Biggies 2 albums, Pac's Me Against the World or All Eyez on Me, Snoop's Doggystyle, Nas's Illmatic, Jay Z's Reasonable Doubt or any other 'classic' rap albums.

Last edited:

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
johnnypaul said:
IMO when Dre drops his new album it WILL be one of the best rap albums of all time, better than Biggies 2 albums, Pac's Me Against the World or All Eyez on Me, Snoop's Doggystyle, Nas's Illmatic, Jay Z's Reasonable Doubt or any other 'classic' rap albums.
i highly doubt that his album will be the best of all time, they are all classics u mentioned.. u cant go past them..

DekarTyphon

HSC
Uni Grad
Wait, someone's expecting Dre to drop a legendary album? Forget it, Right now. Hell, he won't be able to top Hell Hath No Fury. (Which was awesome btw)

EDIT: Raekwon wasn't number 1 for most anticipated? F*ck off.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
yeah im just saying that's what they reckon.

am i like the only one who really does not give a fuck about the detox. unless it has some dream collabos and not just all of aftermath with the occasional big name rapper (jay, nas, snoop) then i dont really care.

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
top 3 albums for the yr im betting

1. Raekwon - Only Built For Cuban Linx II
2. T.I - T.I vs T.I.P
3. Three Six Mafia - The Last 2 Walk

Pilgrim

HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
yeah im just saying that's what they reckon.

am i like the only one who really does not give a fuck about the detox. unless it has some dream collabos and not just all of aftermath with the occasional big name rapper (jay, nas, snoop) then i dont really care.
Agreed, the hype alone has made it over rated.

We all know its just gonna have 50 and g unit blah blah snoop same old shit.

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)