The Official Football Thread 2007/08 (1 Viewer)

kuytbird

HSC
Personally, i reckon henrys either not suited to spanish football or past his time - and his move to barca showed it. Hes been quiet and, i dare say,overrated since the move.

Signing of the season for me is Torres - without him liverpool wouldnt of hit the top 6 - and this is from a liverpool supporter.
Both hargrieves and Tevez had huge impacts, as did on a smaller scale santa cruz for blackburn, but torres takes it for me.
Might of forgotten other players but hey!

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
lol at Hargreaves having a huge impact.
Santa Cruz did way more for Blackburn than Tevez or Hargreaves did for Man U. I'd probably say Torres as well though

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Hahaha Ferguson accusing Bolton of partying throughout the week which may affect they're play today. Does this guy ever shut up?
Rooney and Vidic in starting lineup

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
All this talk about Wigan, and it's Bolton who's actually got the result. Again Chelsea have drawn against them at home in the final game of the season. Goal difference my arse.

He's won it 10 times,
He's won it 10 times,
That boy Giggsy,
He's won it 10 times.

And that's more than Chelsea have won, 3 times over.

Last edited:

GREMM1S

HSC
Glory Glory Man u!! Well done boys we did it, eat shit chelsea you fucks.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
LMF^^ said:
All this talk about Wigan, and it's Bolton who's actually got the result. Again Chelsea have drawn against them at home in the final game of the season. Goal difference my arse.

He's won it 10 times,
He's won it 10 times,
That boy Giggsy,
He's won it 10 times.

And that's more than Chelsea have won, 3 times over.
Didn't really matter anyway did it. Chelsea would have known Man utd were 2 up and given up. To be fair Man utd were the better team all season, i don't think we deserved the title. I think the Champions league would be a fairer result IF we were to win that.

Pizzaro doesn't really suit the EPL. IVe seen him play great games before so he's not laking the skill. Happens sometimes.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
kuytbird said:
Personally, i reckon henrys either not suited to spanish football or past his time - and his move to barca showed it. Hes been quiet and, i dare say,overrated since the move.

Signing of the season for me is Torres - without him liverpool wouldnt of hit the top 6 - and this is from a liverpool supporter.
Both hargrieves and Tevez had huge impacts, as did on a smaller scale santa cruz for blackburn, but torres takes it for me.
Might of forgotten other players but hey!
1.Torres
2.Santa Cruz
3.Ashley young
4.Tevez

Maybe forgotten someone but i dont think hargreaves has been that great, not bad, but not a top signing.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
I was kind of hoping Chelsea would win the title at sunny Stamford Bridge and Ferguson would blame the loss on clouds

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
bazookajoe said:
I was kind of hoping Chelsea would win the title at sunny Stamford Bridge and Ferguson would blame the loss on clouds
You really are one bitter son of a bitch eh? At least Sir Alex can acknowledge the opposition when they play well, unlike some other managers ala Arsene Wenger. Now he's the manager who blames everything and NEVER gives credit to the opposition when they win.

Yeah I was hoping Bolton would get relegated this season too. Really hoped it would happen after the fucked up against Arsenal at home after goin 2-0 up.

Peartie

HSC
screw the EPL :)

Go the Bundesliga.... BAYERN MÜNCHEN!!!!!!!

Epl is overrated....still good to watch i guess!

blakegman

HSC
N/A
EPL > Bundesliga.

Bayern munich are germany's best team and consistently fail in europe.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
LMF^^ said:
You really are one bitter son of a bitch eh? At least Sir Alex can acknowledge the opposition when they play well, unlike some other managers ala Arsene Wenger. Now he's the manager who blames everything and NEVER gives credit to the opposition when they win.

Yeah I was hoping Bolton would get relegated this season too. Really hoped it would happen after the fucked up against Arsenal at home after goin 2-0 up.
lol now who's bitter? :rolleyes: I prefer Man Utd over Chelsea but just absolutely hate Ferguson, and yes I agree he can acknowledge the opposition when they play well but rarely is the case where he says they got outplayed

Peartie

HSC
blakegman said:
EPL > Bundesliga.
Sif! at least the GERMAN bundesliga has alot of GERMAN players in it....and isnt like 80% international players!

I prefer it...but im biased! just like many are biased toward the EPL because they can watch it in Australia and becasue many of the worlds stars play in it!

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Peartie said:
Sif! at least the GERMAN bundesliga has alot of GERMAN players in it....and isnt like 80% international players!
80% of A-league players are Australian. Doesn't make it better then the premier league though does it ?

EPL is worlds most lucrative league because of the fact is international based, it appeals globally.

Peartie

HSC
i know - as i said im biased

and at least it has german players in it....but i do agree - the EPL does attract more international players thus making it a slightly better comp....

although they do poach their players! (eg ballack "ill never leave the bundesliga" - about 2 years later oh chelski can pay me lots and lots of money i think ill go there....if it wasnt for the money the EPL would be nowhere near as big as it is!)

that being said

Man U or Chelski as Euro Champions?

All i know is im glad it aint those 2 playing in the FA cup as well!! Get some new teams to compete against these 2 in the EPL - them, coupled with Pool and Gunners are just making it tedious 2 watch because you know theyll be the ones constantly up there!..going back to Bundesliga you know Bayern will be up there but then not who the others will be (eg Stuttgart is normally up there this year they are @ 7th....).....

i hope this post makes some sense!

blakegman

HSC
N/A
I'm glad Ballack came over. He's been a Chelsea revelation of late. Can't blame him too, he served his time in Germany and would have wanted to try his skills in the best league. I'm sure the money helped though.

I wouldn't mind seeing some more teams challenge, i think over time the big 4 will be slowly caught, but never topped. Too rich.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
bazookajoe said:
I prefer Man Utd over Chelsea but just absolutely hate Ferguson, and yes I agree he can acknowledge the opposition when they play well but rarely is the case where he says they got outplayed
Rarely is the case where he says we get outplayed eh? Well because rarely is the case nowadays that we do get outplayed anyway. I do remember back in the days when we got whooped 4-0 by Barcelona in our first Champions League campaign, he admitted of course that we got completely outplayed by them. You just have an unjustified dislike for the great man, who is the most successful manager in English football history.

Peartie said:
and at least it has german players in it....but i do agree - the EPL does attract more international players thus making it a slightly better comp....
The EPL does have English players too if you haven't noticed. But with the amount of money that is involved in the Premiership nowadays the clubs just can't help but look for talents abroad, as the talent pool in England is so shallow. You can see this through the failure of the England national team. The country with the richest league in the world and constantly fails to do anything good in major tournaments.

That being said, the German Bundesliga is now the fifth ranked league in Europe, behind England, Spain, Italy and France. Bayern Munich is the only club in Germany that is capable of challenging in Europe, while the rest can only fight. I'm glad Stuttgart won the league last season, and glad the Bayern didn't even make the Champions League, because it kept things interesting. Unfortunately this season Stuttgart fell away, Bremen, Hamburg and Schalke are just not strong enough.

I don't watch the German league much, but Diego is one hell of a player. That guy will be a star.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Bias.

Everyone knows Ferguson is an arrogant cunt who sees things with a bullshit slant. Not blaming the man or the club, he's a great coach, but he's definately no saint.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Yeah I completely agree he's a fantastic manager and is obviously the most successful in England. But seriously, unjustified? I've already justified why I dislike him, I think he's ridiculously hypocritical (note, and as I've said earlier, that most managers/fans are, but Ferguson exceeds them)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)