The Official Football Thread 2007/08 (1 Viewer)

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
i heard that figure being tossed around, we wont know the actual figure until the financial results are released. but i did hear that its in between 8-12 mill for nani initially and around the same for anderson, with future bonuses, clauses winnings etc.
Tevez will cost over 30mill IF we decide to buy him, in regards to wages who knows how much he is on, but in regards to actual transfer fees paid by united this season it is way lower than what the media is saying, stuff like 100million dollars spent etc. its less than half that amount. i think we have spent a bit more than pool, but obviously we have got some back from the sale of richardson and smith, and maybe heinze, just as pool did with their sales.

ive been really surprised with the relative low action by italian teams, i know the serie a dosent start until september is it? is it just me but i remember years ago when every pre season inter,juve,milan,lazio etc would sign a vieri, ronaldo, zidane, etc. this doesnt happen anymore, to that scale anyway.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Inter have made 2 big buys in Suazo and Chivu.

Milan's possibly bought the next Kaka in Alexandre Pato

Juventus have gone for a bunch of good but unspectacular names to rebuild their squad (they still have quite a bit of quality there anyway), but Andrade, Tiago, Iaquinta, Grygera are all good signings. No doubt they'll be busier with bigger signings at the end of this season when they've qualified for the Cl again.

Roma have been quiet, however.

The days of the big Italian clubs dominating the market are over for now. The PL is the strongest league in Europe at the moment so it's natural that this is where most of the action is happening. Things may change in a few years.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
If we have a weekly prediction comp, we'll need to make another forum. Otherwise this forum will be filled with our threads, which won't look too nice.

From what I believe, United have definitely been the biggest spenders in the market. And Tevez isn't coming in on a free, you really think this MSI kunt will let him join United for free? I don't think so.

Luckily United's playing on Sunday, otherwise I would've missed the game due to work commitments I have on Sat night.

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
haha yehhh SEASON STARTS WOOOO

can't wait for the man utd game. hahaha

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
2 hours to go....

GAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C'Mon Keano, fire your cunts up for today.

Benny said:
And Gallas is a very odd choice for the armband. Maybe Wenger is hoping he'll tie him to the club with some responsibility?
I think it pretty much means Gilberto isn't first choice anymore. Expecting to see a lot of Diaby, Flamini and Denilson being given a go this season. Kolo was probably too nice to be captain, Cesc and Clichy too young and Jens is in a battle with Fabianski for his spot so he couldn't have won it. Cuntley Cunt would've been a shoe-in had he not turned batty but there we go.

He's the most humongous cunt to ever captain Arsenal but if he actually starts jumping for headers and is a good leader then it'll be a good move. Some of the greatest captains ever were huge cunts, but it's his Cuntskiness which is the real killer in all this.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Anyone watch the first half of Sunderland vs Tottenham? No goals but a decent game so far. Couple of good chances at either end towards the end of the half, and played at a good tempo throughout.

Sunderland not looking spectacular but not looking out of place. They should be the promotion team to beat the drop this season.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
If Spurs are a top 4 team then standards have dropped considerably. A Champions League team would've created at least 1 clear cut chance in 68 minutes against Sunderland.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
This has been a craptastic second half. Sunderland again almost stole all the points there.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Well deserved win too. Spudz are terrible. 108m spent by Jol so far, how does this guy still have a job?

^Jimmy's been telling me how they're going to the Champions League for 3 months now. This is hilarious :)

Be good to see Citeh's million new signings now too.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Yep, the City game is the one I'll be watching too. Interesting to see if Bojinov and Elano can hit the ground running.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Haha Sven made Freddie captain. Kasper makes his debut as well.

This 5 games on one screen thing is the greatest thing ever though.

edit: not sven

Last edited:

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Spurs to challenge for top 4? Hah! If City and Newcastle keep reproducing this kind of form week after week they're having a laugh to even qualify for the UEFA again. Definitely going to be a lot more competitive this season.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
I have to say, Carew, Agbonlahor and Young is going to be a handful for any team.

Liverpool exactly the same as last season except Torres. Is he worth 21 points?

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Meh, unfortunate own goal and Liverpool get the lead. Torres showed some flash, but that's it. He had a good chance on goal and got his shot saved. He looks like the real deal - everything except finishing.

Fuckin Petrov, why shoot straight at the keeper for?

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Fucken Riley is a disgrace. Unbelievable shot but never a free-kick.

Liverpool; jammy as ever; as exciting as last season; as much of a threat as last season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)